What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://www.agriculturejournals.cz/publicFiles/08130.pdf

Effect of Plant Essential Oils on Mortality of the Stem Nematode (Ditylenchus dipsaci )

The aim of this study was to assess the nematicidal activity of different essential oils from medicinal and aromatic plants for use in nematode management. Essential oils of​
Eugenia caryophyllata, Origanum compactum,
Origanum vulgare, Thymus matschiana​
and Thymus vulgaris showed nematicidal activity against Ditylenchus dipsaci.

I remember when I thought this problem was Phytoplasma and being so big on Essential Oils solving the problem to an extent for me... looking back now at my notes ... Essential Oils are the shit

Im going to Grab some P.O. Genetics...Isolate those plants and try just oils ... with no Chitosan

**Pylon** on its own is also showing alot of promise against these pricks

I have some pics on an older camera that I need to buy a charger for... it has pics vegging plants and their stems Bloating... I was like wtf is this... It was at my warehouse I had to bounce from .. also gnarly formation of Galls that everyone thinks are roots ...go figure

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://omicsonline.com/open-access/...ticidal-phytochemicals-0974-8369.1000e104.pdf

Bright Future with Nematicidal Phytochemicals

"The source of these bio-nematicides could be plants, bacteria, fungi, actynomycetes and / or any microorganism from the soil. Also, natural materials like chitin, Chitosan or even mushrooms. The newest bio-nematicides which used in the last years are avermectin group, name products and certain groups of microorganisms. "

milkyjoe

Veteran
Here is a dude (not dud) that has been working with essential oil for a while and knows what he is talking about

http://agri-dynamics.com/

Also check out his health and education page...tons of good info explained clearly and concisely.

My take is using some chitosan isn't going to hurt a thing and is cheap insurance against all kinds of evil shit...so why not use it,

HL45

Veteran
Essential oils ftw! Theres one member who mentioned the efficacy of essential oils against broad mites in the bm thread. I remember jotting it down somewhere in my notes. I'll try to dig it up.

Chitosan seems to be another thing we should have in the preventative arsenal as well.

Skunkbeard

I have varieties I've been growing for nearly a decade. In all my years I'd never seen a dud. I took a break and got my plants back from someone I gifted them to. The subsequent 2 flowering cycles I saw duds in my grow. Not all the flowers but at least half; little or no smell, small leaves, odd resin profile etc.... I was convinced it was either disease or pests that got vectored to plants while in my friend's garden. So, I contacted a plant pathologist and asked if they would test my plants for disease and pests. The results came back negative for TSWV, TMV, INSV, CMV. Also negative for root aphids, mold, stem nematodes; crown of the stems were clean. No pests and no disease, validated scientifically in a lab under a microscope by a scientist. Which leaves only one possibility (in my case), environment. Since then I've addressed a couple issues in my garden and everything seems to be back on track with normal growth patterns and typical resin profiles. That's just my garden though I'm not sure what's going on in anyone else's but my guess would be environmental and then soil/nutrient regime.

I just read a post by Chimera in another thread. Someone posted pictures of their flowers and another member commented that it looked like a dud. Chimera responded that what appeared to be a dud was in fact either a ph or mg problem and not a dud. Here's a link to the thread:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=6720898#post6720898

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To be clear this is what Chimera said

This plant is suffering from Mg lockout from too low a pH or not enough Mg... the curly leaves with burnt tips and brown patches, limey-green approaching rusty looking leaves, and upturned bud-leaflets tell the story... Id suggest checking the pH of the effluent to see just how low the pH in the medium is, and if that's not the problem then add some Epsom salts to your nute mix. I highly expect, though, that your pH is crashing from too strong a nute regimen toxifying the soil because you are adding more food than the plants are using; it's building up and crashing the pH of your medium at the same time - this is the most common problem I see in gardens- bar none. With nutes, less is more.

Overall though BI they look pretty great, legend is a bitch that doesn't yield a ton and those look pretty nice overall. Remember though Mg is a crucial co-factor that interacts with the substrate in the terpene synthase enzymes active-sites - this means by short changing your plants on the Mg in flower -> late flower, you are limiting the rate of terpene synthesis and negatively affecting your overall terpene/oil content of your nugs. Keep that pH in the proper range to avoid Mg lockout, and ensure there is plenty of Mg available and your flowers will be much more flavourful and appealing to the nose.

Looks like you'll have a nice batch of Legend regardless. I like her she's got a great feeling... keep up the good work and with a few tweaks she'll shine like the fire diamond she is.

Best,
-Chimera

A

acridlab

I've been saying that for a minute around here, also..not saying some aren't duds, but lots of the photos look like straight up grower error..
My og18 can look and act exactly like these duds,, but it's only happening when I fuk it up..
Usually from too high or low of ph, tho. Almost every time.. seems like the strains with the leathery leaves are always the ones with problems in this area.. anyhow, I'm just stoned, thinking...peace

Mikenite69

Veteran
That's funny coming from you retro when a couple of weeks ago I was saying not one test being done but your ass was screaming to the roof tops "the duds we are dealing here is dirty dick dispaci" it's been documented isn't that what the fuck you said? I you want I can dig in my plus ratings and dig them out?

I was the one saying I don't give a fuck what bro science says because of the fact u see a nematode it's automatically called dirty dick. I understand that they are the only ones that commonly get inside a plant but with as small as a nematode is I don't think it will be the first time in history that a different nematode could have wound up inside a plant that normally wouldn't be there.

Make up your mind what side your on. Are you no doubting yourself and what u been preaching? Like I said weeks ago until I see a test saying dirty dicks I am not believing what I am hearing.

It's not like I have a personal issue with you either retro but it seems now that storm called you out now you have switched sides about the testing. Now you see why I have been skeptical?

None of use are nematologist sure we can assume dirty dick all we want and you guys could possibly be right a 100% but until I see some test we will never know the true cause of dudding or even if it's dirty dicking dispaci.

Skunkbeard

"... until I see some test we will never know the true cause of dudding or even if it's dirty dicking dispaci."

Mikenite69, go back a page and read my post. I had my plants lab tested.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
So how is it...that I was getting DUD's 24-7.... Magically Apply Chitosan.... and over 1,000lbs later Indoors and Out.... Not one Branch

If you dont have any no pics to show what we're refering to as DUDs...you can get the fuck out this thread and let the real OG's<<<<< get to work helping people out

Ive said it b4...Chimera is THE MAN....but couldnt be more wrong about this....the pic I called DUD is str8 up Stem Nematodes....

Where the pics at from all the shit talkers? Am I the only one that walks the walk....

Skunkbeard....your claims are str8 bullshit with no pics ever of your DUDs sorry

No pics... even for Chimera.... No place to talk in this conversation...Keep it real

No Pics and claims from anyone are Garbage Dumpster ......so Retro Adios son

Skunkbeard

It's certainly possible that stem nematodes are the cause of some duds. It's been said before in this thread that dudding happens for a variety of reasons. In my case it wasn't bugs or disease. I'll upload pictures when I get a chance.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
It's certainly possible that stem nematodes are the cause of some duds. It's been said before in this thread that dudding happens for a variety of reasons. In my case it wasn't bugs or disease. I'll upload pictures when I get a chance.

id love to see them thanks for posting. would you be willijng to post pics of your test results?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
yeah its starting to seem like its about retro trolling as a form of vendetta seeing as he was on the other side of the argument when his nemesis papaduc was on the other side. now that he is banned hes switched sides again and is saying its not nematodes and dudding isnt real so he can troll storm shadow. ignore the troll and hell get bored and troll somewhere else. dude needs a hobby. doesnt grow herb but is the most posted up person on the infirmary. you have no place in a convo about things youve never grown like duds and og or even herb at this point.
not directed at r.g. exclusively but negative rep is a whiney crybaby move for trolls with no other recourse when no one is listening to them anymore
buddy everyone knows you are a troll.
go back to the tokers den and talk about sports. no one gives a shit what you speculate might be true about a plant you dont grow. quit cloggging the thread.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a reason ignore is used guys. None of this is helping ..If there's some data to backup the claims that will be good data to have here.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I would agree with that to a point. However I think anecdotal evidence from good growers is good information to have even without expert confirmation. Especially when other good growers repeat it and get similar results. I would hate to not have that info at least available...what I do or don't do with it is on me. I hope we don't run off people trying to help.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its the bickering that detract from the info. I'm sure none of use come here to read that nonsense. If some have issues with other players just put on ignore no more bickering all still get to play. SB if you have any data from those test you can post that would be great. Just edit out any personal info and lab test #'s...

Mikenite69

Veteran
My point mainly was yes storm shadow found nematodes great found a cause even better for his specific nematode. My post wasn't directed at storm at all mainly retrogrow.

I am sure if chitosan is a miracle cure and it's organic than why do farmers still have problems dealing with ditylenchus dipsaci still?
But a few on the forums a few members knocked them out of there crops in 6 months problem solved?

See what I am getting at? Ya we saw a nematode is it Ditylenchus dipsaci we won't know until it's tested and proved being that they are the hardest nematode to eradicate.

Back to another point retrogrow is wrong about when screaming dity d is the only nematode that can get inside of a plant that is clearly wrong because there are others. There is a good write up by Oregon state about nematode that invade plants.

Like I said nothing in my post is about storm if it wasn't for him whatthe215 and others wouldn't have cured there issues. Do I think it's ditylenchus d maybe but doubtful if they are the most destructive and worst to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts