What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ickis

Veteran
Has anyone found any info on treating broad mites with cold? I was thinking about it before and never found any internet links. I kinda forgot about it but became curious again after reading the thread about putting cuts in stasis in the refrigerator.

Can cold temps in the 35-40 degree range kill broad mites?

G

Gifted0ne

Hi I sprayed Avid as a preventative in veg, as many on here suggest. I have an 11 week strain too so long time for it to leave the plants system. Everyone in town has broad mites destroying their whole rooms so when I had continual unexplainable issues it was my first thought that it could be the broad mites. Its definitely not PH i've been watching that religiously because when they were droopy I thought that was the issue, its not heat the temps have been perfect. No I am not spraying chems in flower, that is why I was consulting on here as to what my choices are for treatment in flower....earlier in this thread people say they sprayed Conserve SC until week 6 of flower and others say they used neem oil through flower which I was asking about on my post....

so whats the consensus on the neem and spinosad?
and then I was wondering about dunk methods for clones/cuttings....

I'll try the aspirin.

Thanks

Personally the neem makes me sick to my stomach, but more then that didnt seem to do anything for me even with spider mites in the past. People seem to like spinosad but ive never used it. If its organic technically you can use it in flower, but I wouldn't myself. I would stick with the ogbiowar and mighty wash they can be sprayed any time really.. Another product that people swear by can be used anytime is NukeEm but ive never used it.

Its always best to use these products as a dip, so any of these can be used in the clone stage and often is more effective with less dips vs sprays. Im sure just dipping them in pure RO everday would even be effective. But you will need to maintain mite prevention the whole grow.

As far as riding the mites entirely the heat seems promising but i havent used higher then 115 at which point i saw mites walking around, next i will try 125 degree's.

G

Gifted0ne

Yo retro do you know if a slight orangeish mite could be the same species and the white ones i saw previously. I tracked this one down a clone i took from that plant and its even smaller then the whiteish one so tiny if it wasnt orange it wouldnt be visible.

bananisation

are the eggs distinctly larger than trichomes...I feel like I see eggs everywhere but then again I think its trichomes... All the photos on this forum never give a magnification at which the eggs are being photographed and the eggs always seem so alone in the photos with no trichomes in sight....

I just want to find these bastards and know i am looking at them.

My symptoms just seem so much like borad mites.

The pistils that turn orange and look burnt up also have the super long thin witch like claw leafs that curl under themselves surround those effected buds.

Im in the same situation as you bob!

Here are 3 pics taken with a usb microscope, I'll say they are trichomes BUT Im not sure because I have some symptoms that lean towards broad mites.

https://anonfiles.com/file/fd7ca75e998bfda162e00f4fc6adf3a3

https://anonfiles.com/file/a5490a937bd5e24b87326d4cbb5a9d20

https://anonfiles.com/file/72e9fb3dac8ce1c980316cbe26fbfc3b

bobjennings

Here are 3 pics taken with a usb microscope, I'll say they are trichomes BUT Im not sure because I have some symptoms that lean towards broad mites.

Yes! exactly that is exactly what i see and are those eggs or trichomes! I think trichomes but the symptoms are definitely undeniable and have me on edge...

G

Gifted0ne

Those are all [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]trichomes[/FONT]. What week flower are you cause most of them are becoming cloudy.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Those are all [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]trichomes[/FONT]. What week flower are you cause most of them are becoming cloudy.

Those aren't buds. They are not in flower. Under a microscope, all hairs on leaves have microscopic "trichomes". Trichomes on buds are visible with naked eye.
They are not eggs.
This has been explained with photos many times if you do even a little reading. Or just Google "broad mite eggs". Plenty of pictures.

G

Gifted0ne

Those aren't buds. They are not in flower. Under a microscope, all hairs on leaves have microscopic "trichomes". Trichomes on buds are visible with naked eye.
They are not eggs.
This has been explained with photos many times if you do even a little reading. Or just Google "broad mite eggs". Plenty of pictures.

I have googled broad mite eggs, thats why I told him its not eggs.

I have tried to research this orangeish mite I asked you about but i dont get any info. Im pretty certain it's classified as microscopic but i can see it. Only info i get on that mite color is spider mite but i certainly do not have those. So basically all im asking is are there orange broad/cyclamen/russets?

G

Gifted0ne

This is a pic of the good plant I showed a pic of earlier which become infested real bad again and this is a few days after the Mighty Wash + ogbiowar sprays (2 mighty wash and 2 biowar within a week)
Goodplant_zpsdf55d715.jpg

I didnt use the ogbiowar last time so im not sure what its effect is but i have it so im sprayin it anyways.

bananisation

They are not eggs.

Once again Retro :tiphat: :)

bobjennings

Here's the best way to deal with these punks...Everything in R.O/Distilled Water...

Forbid 3ml a gallon mixed with Indicate 5....3 days later....Avid 2.5ml per gallon mixed with Indicate 5.... 3 days later Spinosad 60ml per Gallon mixed with INdicate 5.... 2 days later Triple Action Neem Oil mix per label DO NOT Use with any wetting agent....2 days later Azatrol or Azamax 30ml per gallon mixed with Indicate 5..I like Neemix 4.5 way better then Azamax or Azatrol... Azasol would be awsome too....

Anyways...this seems kind of overkill right? FUck no... these bastards are crazy and do die on contact from Miticides...they take a week or two to fully die off...thats why we add the Spinosad and Triple Action Neem Oil...both are contact killers to those fuckers...and the azadirachtin just puts the icing on the cake ....

Spend the money now and avoid the damage then truely cause...they are selective in what plants they toast ....and sometimes they will let it ride out till the end...like I said evil... Use all the above products and you will be clean from any Bastard from Mite family.

:ying: Good Luck and dont be scared to pull out the chems on these dudes..they will not die any other way

Is this still you BM methods? anthing new added or any of those deducted.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
if you got duds they are most likely fucked. some strains with never recover so you might end up chucking them in the end.

bobjennings

I bought 1000, but would get at least 5000 if it happened again. There is a way to propagate them, but I do not know what it is. I'm looking into that. Using them in veg would certainly be a good "preventative", but they will starve without food, so if there is no infestation present, you would have to feed them. They like to eat pollen also.

how many square feet would 5000 be good coverage for?

bobjennings

Heat treatment is your best option at that stage, but confirm first before doing anything. Do not use hot water treatment. It will mess up the plants. Heat room to 120 F, fans and AC off, lights on as heat source. May have to add more lights or space heaters to reach 120F. That will kill mites.

How soon after spraying spinosad on Moms can I do the heat treatment...I read somewhere earlier in this thread that the heat treatment can have ill effects if the plants have been sprayed recently.

I tried heat treatment on my flowering gals, my room has very high ceilings i could only get up to 100 on some temps and 90 on the temps at plant level so I will need more space heaters.

Thanks for all your help and info and responses, I've started at the beginning of this threat and have been taking notes and reading ever page I'm on page 90 and still going. Thanks for all your work into this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts