What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahfreeze

I have a problem with this thread. It's basicly instructing people to create mites. All these chemicals are not being used properly. Studys have shown miticides do more harm then good. The purpose of a miticide is to knock down colony. After effective knock down you incorporate an ipm. If you are an indoor grower i recommend destroying yr plants. Predator mites will supress spread not avid or any other chemicaI. I can tell you right now there is absolutely no remedy for broad mites. If you have BM you are fully infected and there is absolutely no cure unless you completely shut down. You have to rid all plant matter from grow. BM dont eat carbon. They dont lay eggs on polly. They dont hang out on concrete or carpet. They dont lay eggs on plastic or rubber. They will suppress in soil and leaf matter.The problem is people trying to save geno.. there is no cure. You will never rid grow of eggs or nymph unless you completely shut down. If you do decide to treat w chemicals you have a .07% chance of completely riding yr grow. There is no entomologist on the planet that will recommend treating BM w chemicals on cannabis. You WILL spend racks trying to fight.. I will throw away clone only strains and grow train wreck for a whole year and make more money then anyone battling BM. If you gamble and decide to drop racks to treat... youll still have better odds winning the lottery.
People need to stop treating BM. Theres no cure.
You got BM from buying treated/non treated clones.... or yr grow is located near a source. Look in yr yard. Spend the racks cutting down yr neighbors mited out citrus tree. Study ipm. If you run prepetual grow incorporate predator mites. The chemicals will not work. Heat treatments do not work unless you manage heat. Biowar only works on correct humidity levels and still will never fully rid. I know most if you will treat w avid and sale cuts to buffer loss but remember the guy that bought yr cuts will get BM... he will treat w chemicals.. sale the herb to someone you know. Slowly kill yr homie... and never rid mite..It will get worse and spread. Super mite. Do the right thing. Burn yr plants. Clean everything.. find the source.

G

Gifted0ne

I have a problem with this thread. It's basicly instructing people to create mites. All these chemicals are not being used properly. Studys have shown miticides do more harm then good. The purpose of a miticide is to knock down colony. After effective knock down you incorporate an ipm. If you are an indoor grower i recommend destroying yr plants. Predator mites will supress spread not avid or any other chemicaI. I can tell you right now there is absolutely no remedy for broad mites. If you have BM you are fully infected and there is absolutely no cure unless you completely shut down. You have to rid all plant matter from grow. BM dont eat carbon. They dont lay eggs on polly. They dont hang out on concrete or carpet. They dont lay eggs on plastic or rubber. They will suppress in soil and leaf matter.The problem is people trying to save geno.. there is no cure. You will never rid grow of eggs or nymph unless you completely shut down. If you do decide to treat w chemicals you have a .07% chance of completely riding yr grow. There is no entomologist on the planet that will recommend treating BM w chemicals on cannabis. You WILL spend racks trying to fight.. I will throw away clone only strains and grow train wreck for a whole year and make more money then anyone battling BM. If you gamble and decide to drop racks to treat... youll still have better odds winning the lottery.
You got BM from buying treated/non treated clones.... or yr grow is located near a source. Look in yr yard. Spend the racks cutting down yr neighbors mited out citrus tree. Study ipm. If you run prepetual grow incorporate predator mites. The chemicals will not work. Heat treatments do not work unless you manage heat. Biowar only works on correct humidity levels and still will never fully rid. I know most if you will treat w avid and sale cuts to buffer loss but remember the guy that bought yr cuts will get BM... he will treat w chemicals.. sale the herb to someone you know. Slowly kill yr homie... and never rid mite..It will get worse and spread. Super mite. Do the right thing. Burn yr plants. Clean everything.. find the source.

FYI, Ive only used plain RO water sprayed once a day to get broad mite infested dead looking plants to turn into lush green healthy looking plant. And now with the OGBIOWAR I only need to spray twice a week.

Clearly the mites do not like high humidity, Id bet if you really wanted clean clones you could just take cuttings rooting in 80-100% humidity domes + OGBIOWAR and that would do the job. You'd have to take em to another location though.

G

Gifted0ne

OK hopefully I don't get bitched at or harassed for asking a question here, but i read a bit didn't find my answer and would like to know if anything in the Aspirin will harm my Heisenberg tea in res.

Since my post about using willow extract was deleted Im assuming that means my rapid start isn't sufficient enough, I will try the aspirin.

"The source"

"The source"

"The source" could be that you visited a friend, or you went to a "Grow store" and "the source" is now your shoe or, a fly that has come from a block away, or a gust of wind that has loft a bunch of egg's high in the air (So cali santa ana winds), or a crawling insect of any kind that comes in the grow unnoticed, or a "Pet" that is running around outside.This done properly will safely stop all the problems. Heat to kill all mites and eggs, OGB twice a week for three weeks then once a week for a number of weeks (This is for your mothers after all growing areas are "heat sterilized") to stop from being re-infected and continue killing protection .One year mark BM FREE for me now, spray OGB twice a month for "protection" piece of mind now. Take it as you like it. All the very best peeps.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://pestheat.com/

Heat Treatments work... You just have to do it right...its a good kickstart to knock everything off while the Kontos does it systemic magic...

I'm growing a variety of all kinds of genetics right now...and I'll continue to post pics on my thread of ladies that have ZERO problems...

BM's can be defeated with ease.. You cant hide from Systemic Chems

Buying clones is a bad idea ...buy seeds... treat with kontos from day one... and enjoy the cruise control all the way to harvest

bigshrimp

Veteran
Full article - http://www.organicwinejournal.com/i...d-vine-systemic-acquired-resistance-to-pests/

The biochemistry of plant SAR is enormously complex (the following summary based on 8,9,10,11) and is still being worked out in laboratories around the world. The SAR process starts with what is known as the hypersensitive response which is set off when a pathogen initially infects plant tissue. This consists of an “oxidative burst”, i.e. the production of reactive oxygen compounds, leading to localized cell death and isolation of the pathogen to prevent it from spreading. Hydrogen peroxide is an important compound in the hypersensitive response. Insect attack causes a similar reaction in the plant.

Immediately following the hypersensitive response, signals are sent through the plant (signal transduction in both plants and animals has been one of science’s hottest research topics) which cause changes in gene expression all over the plant. The result is the production of situation-specific defense compounds, mostly phenolics. The terms “systemic” and “induced” or “acquired” are therefore used, since the compounds are produced as part of a system that senses attack in one part of the plant and then induces defense compounds in as yet uninfected parts.

Some phenolics are only produced via SAR induction, others only via constitutive (hardwired, turned-on all the time, not situation-specific) channels, and some may be produced via both channels. SAR tends have a high energy cost in the plant and can reduce growth and yield in situations where there is no attacker for the energy-expensive defense compounds to defend against. Thus, in plant evolution the selection pressure would be strong for situation-specific induction of defense-compound production – in other words, all other things being equal, plants that have situation-specific defenses would have higher fitness over plants that have defenses turned on all the time.

Two main metabolic pathways are involved in SAR, the salicylic acid pathway, generally induced by pathogens, and the jasmonic acid pathway, often induced by insect attack. Considerable “cross-talk” occurs between these two pathways – sometimes they are additive and synergistic, and other times salicylate activity suppresses the jasmonic acid pathway. It appears that different branches of these two pathways combine in different situations, making for a complex interplay. Complicating this is the induction of jasmonic-SAR, or really a priming or strengthening of SAR, by rhizosphere (surface of the root-dwelling) bacteria, composts, and certain bacterial isolates ‡ – relevant to our organic connection. Additionally, some insects induce SAR channels that are normally only induced by microbes.

Common to both the salicylic acid and jasmonic acid pathways, upstream of them, is the shikimic acid pathway, an offshoot of pre-Krebs cycle phospoenolpyruvate, and source of the majority of phenolics in the plant. One of the three aromatic (ring-structured) amino acids, phenylalanine, is an important intermediate here. In SAR, phenylalanine is diverted from protein synthesis by an enzyme, phenylalanine ammonialyase (PAL), which de-ammoniates the molecule and converts it to phenol precursor cinnamic acid. This becomes important below in the discussion of herbicide use.

A number of familiar intermediary compounds are involved in SAR, such as hydrogen peroxide, cinnamic and coumeric acids, and ethylene, not to mention salicylic acid.

Current scientific knowledge of the salicylic and jasmonic SAR pathways, their inducers, and their end products is more in the realm of “the more we find out, the more we realize we don’t know”. One inducer will elicit one pathway in one species and the other pathway in another species, while a different dose or different timing can change those outcomes. In some situations the application of an inducing compound will weaken a plant’s defenses against a given attacker because the applied elicitor induces the wrong pathway, which inhibits the desired one.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
This is the best SAR inducer... Helps with DUDS and makes healthy plants even healthier ... soak your medium b4 making clones and this stuff makes huge roots... helps with transplanting also

http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/

Advanced, Broad Spectrum Disease Control
The REGALIA® family of advanced biofungicides help to improve plant health and trigger a plant’s natural defenses to control a broad spectrum of agronomically important fungal and bacterial diseases. Active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, REGALIA biofungicides are proven to make protection programs better by improving pest control, enhancing plant growth, and increasing yield on a vast array of crops against a wide range of diseases. Featuring multi-site activity and complex mode of action, they delay the development of resistance and used in late-season application, they help minimize chemical residues in harvested produce. Highly versatile and effective, REGALIA biofungicides are ideal choices for broad spectrum disease control and fungicide resistance management programs.

Highlights

• Protection against a wide range of foliar and soil-borne pathogens
  • Improved root development and plant growth response
  • Complex mode of action
  • Flexible season-long disease control options
  • Minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
  • Four-hour REI
  • Zero-day PHI
  • Can be applied by air, ground or chemigation
  • No buffer zone required for spray applications
  • Approved for field and greenhouse applications
  • Exempt from maximum residue levels (MRL) on all domestic and exported food crops
  • NOP compliant and OMRI approved

Effective against a broad range of soilborne and foliar diseases…
REGALIA can be used alone, in rotation or in tank mix with most commercial fungicides to control a broad spectrum of bacterial and fungal diseases such as powdery mildew, downy mildew, Botrytis, bacterial spot and bacterial canker. What’s more, Regalia is effective against destructive soilborne pathogens including Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Phytopthora.
Complex mode of action enhances resistance management …
When treated with REGALIA, a plant’s defense system is ‘switched on’ to protect against attacking diseases. Research shows that plants treated with REGALIA produce, and accumulate, elevated levels of specialized proteins and other compounds known to inhibit fungal and bacterial diseases. REGALIA induces a plant to produce phytoalexins, cell strengtheners, antioxidants, phenolics, and PR proteins, which are all known inhibitors of plant pathogens.
In 2012, the Fungicide Resistance Action Committee’s (FRAC) created a new code, designated as P5, for REGALIA’s active ingredient, Reynoutria sachalinensis, which features a unique Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR) mode of action.
Unmatched application flexibility…
REGALIA offers one of the widest ranges of application flexibility among all currently available fungicides. The product can be applied at any time from planting until harvest and is rain fast within one hour. It can be applied by air, ground or chemigation. For ground applications, Regalia can be applied in-furrow, through drip irrigation, shanked-in and through drench applications.
REGALIA has a short 4-hour re-entry interval (REI) that allows farm operations to resume quickly. A zero day pre-harvest interval (PHI) allows greater operational flexibility and no residue issues at harvest.
Approved for organic production…
Organic growers also benefit from the same advantages REGALIA affords conventional growers. REGALIA is recognized as fully compliant for use on organic crops by the National Organic Program (NOP) and is listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).
Regalia is the answer to disease control …
As a stand-alone product or in combination with other fungicides, REGALIA enhances operational flexibility, ensuring reliable fungicidal activity for both conventional and organic growers.

- See more at: http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/#sthash.4Ezz8ctS.dpuf

Looks pretty good

Looks pretty good

This is the best SAR inducer... Helps with DUDS and makes healthy plants even healthier ... soak your medium b4 making clones and this stuff makes huge roots... helps with transplanting also

http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/

Advanced, Broad Spectrum Disease Control
The REGALIA® family of advanced biofungicides help to improve plant health and trigger a plant’s natural defenses to control a broad spectrum of agronomically important fungal and bacterial diseases. Active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, REGALIA biofungicides are proven to make protection programs better by improving pest control, enhancing plant growth, and increasing yield on a vast array of crops against a wide range of diseases. Featuring multi-site activity and complex mode of action, they delay the development of resistance and used in late-season application, they help minimize chemical residues in harvested produce. Highly versatile and effective, REGALIA biofungicides are ideal choices for broad spectrum disease control and fungicide resistance management programs.

Highlights

• Protection against a wide range of foliar and soil-borne pathogens
  • Improved root development and plant growth response
  • Complex mode of action
  • Flexible season-long disease control options
  • Minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
  • Four-hour REI
  • Zero-day PHI
  • Can be applied by air, ground or chemigation
  • No buffer zone required for spray applications
  • Approved for field and greenhouse applications
  • Exempt from maximum residue levels (MRL) on all domestic and exported food crops
  • NOP compliant and OMRI approved

Effective against a broad range of soilborne and foliar diseases…
REGALIA can be used alone, in rotation or in tank mix with most commercial fungicides to control a broad spectrum of bacterial and fungal diseases such as powdery mildew, downy mildew, Botrytis, bacterial spot and bacterial canker. What’s more, Regalia is effective against destructive soilborne pathogens including Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Phytopthora.
Complex mode of action enhances resistance management …
When treated with REGALIA, a plant’s defense system is ‘switched on’ to protect against attacking diseases. Research shows that plants treated with REGALIA produce, and accumulate, elevated levels of specialized proteins and other compounds known to inhibit fungal and bacterial diseases. REGALIA induces a plant to produce phytoalexins, cell strengtheners, antioxidants, phenolics, and PR proteins, which are all known inhibitors of plant pathogens.
In 2012, the Fungicide Resistance Action Committee’s (FRAC) created a new code, designated as P5, for REGALIA’s active ingredient, Reynoutria sachalinensis, which features a unique Induced Systemic Resistance (ISR) mode of action.
Unmatched application flexibility…
REGALIA offers one of the widest ranges of application flexibility among all currently available fungicides. The product can be applied at any time from planting until harvest and is rain fast within one hour. It can be applied by air, ground or chemigation. For ground applications, Regalia can be applied in-furrow, through drip irrigation, shanked-in and through drench applications.
REGALIA has a short 4-hour re-entry interval (REI) that allows farm operations to resume quickly. A zero day pre-harvest interval (PHI) allows greater operational flexibility and no residue issues at harvest.
Approved for organic production…
Organic growers also benefit from the same advantages REGALIA affords conventional growers. REGALIA is recognized as fully compliant for use on organic crops by the National Organic Program (NOP) and is listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).
Regalia is the answer to disease control …
As a stand-alone product or in combination with other fungicides, REGALIA enhances operational flexibility, ensuring reliable fungicidal activity for both conventional and organic growers.

- See more at: http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/#sthash.4Ezz8ctS.dpuf

Looks like pretty good stuff. I'll have to research it a little more to see what kind of fungus spores it uses.These types of organics I don't even worry about REI and just use latex gloves when applying no serious suit up like chems. Good read.

Opps, my bad

Opps, my bad

Looks like pretty good stuff. I'll have to research it a little more to see what kind of fungus spores it uses.These types of organics I don't even worry about REI and just use latex gloves when applying no serious suit up like chems. Good read.

My bad, looks like this stuff KILL'S Fungus spores...LOL, sorry my bad...hehe

RetroGrow

Veteran

Remember it's an advertisement, and they are pumping it up. I do not believe that it stimulates immune system as well as aspirin, since aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, breaks down to salicylic acid, which happens to be the component of the plant's immune system which is present naturally.
Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic phytohormone and is found in plants with roles in plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. SA also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure. SA is involved in endogenous signaling, mediating in plant defense against pathogens. It plays a role in the resistance to pathogens by inducing the production of pathogenesis-related proteins. It is involved in the systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in which a pathogenic attack on one part of the plant induces resistance in other parts. The signal can also move to nearby plants by salicylic acid being converted to the volatile ester, methyl salicylate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid
So, you can see why aspirin should always be in your rez. It's not JUST an immune booster, but also a growth booster, etc., etc......

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
not to mention there are hundreds of Peer Reviewed Journals online discussing how amazing Giant Knotweed Extract is for plant growth.. Lots of scientific proof of what it does...

RetroGrow

Veteran

Tons of disinformation in your post. I'm not going to waste time or space pointing out each wrong thing you posted, but suffice to say, you are WRONG. It most certainly IS possible to get rid of BM, by several methods, which has been proven by many here. Heat alone will get rid of them, as will OGBiowar, as will some chems, if you choose to use them. Personally, I am biased against chems, but if used properly in veg only, some peeps have had success with them, unless you believe all those people reporting success are lying, which I don't. You need to read the entire thread over again, if you even read it the first time.

Last edited:
Immediate

Immediate

Remember it's an advertisement, and they are pumping it up. I do not believe that it stimulates immune system as well as aspirin, since aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, breaks down to salicylic acid, which happens to be the component of the plant's immune system which is present naturally.
Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic phytohormone and is found in plants with roles in plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. SA also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure. SA is involved in endogenous signaling, mediating in plant defense against pathogens. It plays a role in the resistance to pathogens by inducing the production of pathogenesis-related proteins. It is involved in the systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in which a pathogenic attack on one part of the plant induces resistance in other parts. The signal can also move to nearby plants by salicylic acid being converted to the volatile ester, methyl salicylate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid
So, you can see why aspirin should always be in your rez. It's not JUST an immune booster, but also a growth booster.

I have noticed plants do seem to have an almost immediate good response to aspirin.Helped me out before with duds.

knubs

http://pestheat.com/

Heat Treatments work... You just have to do it right...its a good kickstart to knock everything off while the Kontos does it systemic magic...

I'm growing a variety of all kinds of genetics right now...and I'll continue to post pics on my thread of ladies that have ZERO problems...

BM's can be defeated with ease.. You cant hide from Systemic Chems

Buying clones is a bad idea ...buy seeds... treat with kontos from day one... and enjoy the cruise control all the way to harvest

Hey Storm, it sounds like you've been rid of broad mites for a little while now. do you think if you stopped treating for a month that they would come back?

so far my rooms look like they are clean of BM's. my flower girls look amazing and my veg room is starting to look really good! i even have some strains from PO that were totally dudded and they are starting to come back now. i have had a skunk #1 clone in a cup for months and it just never really did anything (the strain was badly dudded when i got it from po). now all the sudden within the past week it filled the cup with roots, threw out some 5 finger leaves and now she is growing. it took a while for the toxins to wear off, but it seems like it all of the sudden did. also my earthshaker og's that i got from PO are looking great. i have a decent sized mom now that is growing very nicely, but i still see the toxins bleeding out through her. there are mutated messed up looking leaves coming out here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts