What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannasaur

Sulfur foliar sprays seem to be knocking back the broad mites for me. They seem to be a bad problem here in norcal. everywhere is sold out of sulfur. apparantly its the only thing that'll wipe em out.

cannasaur

Also, I should mention, when using sulfur, you don't want to have applied any oil based substances via foliar spray 2-3 weeks prior to treating.

talktosamson

Veteran
Kontos used as a soil drench just saved a few of my mom's suffering really badly. Took about a week and they are healthy and green again

knubs

i think my broad mites are gone in my flower room! i'm just hitting week 3 with these hazy og i'm flowering and they look amazing! they out grew all their chemical burned leaves and show no new or old signs of BM's. i also have another batch of OGBIOWAR brewing right now to help make sure they stay gone.

i will admit, when i came into this thread i was legitimately scared. i didn't think this was a battle that could be won because of all the things people say. now i am not really that afraid of them; even the PO mites... avid, forbid, kontos and ogbiowar seems to be an adequate arsenal. they all KILL broad mites effectively ( cant say for sure on the biowar yet though) so now that i know they are easy to kill, i will get to see how hard they are to keep away.. im going to treat my veg girls every 4 days for the next couple of months and then stop treating all together and give these girls time to get the chems out.

i joined the broadmite party like a fkn year ago {seems like 5} i have shutdown all indoor and let my ladies outside finish with the help of califorcornus pred mite. Girls outside have finished[turned out pretty crap ]
Now it seems i have broadmites in my garden eating my lettuce eggplant ect. ihave bought 20lt of cold pressed neem oil and also just ordered some biowar.
My queston is do i go banannas with the neem oil outside to try and repel the broadies from my general garden area and my grow spots or just wait for biowar. Fwiw i want to stay away from a chemical solution.

talktosamson

Veteran
i joined the broadmite party like a fkn year ago {seems like 5} i have shutdown all indoor and let my ladies outside finish with the help of califorcornus pred mite. Girls outside have finished[turned out pretty crap ]
Now it seems i have broadmites in my garden eating my lettuce eggplant ect. ihave bought 20lt of cold pressed neem oil and also just ordered some biowar.
My queston is do i go banannas with the neem oil outside to try and repel the broadies from my general garden area and my grow spots or just wait for biowar. Fwiw i want to stay away from a chemical solution.

They spread to damn near everything on my property, I hit pot plants with spray all season and kept them at bay, but they are now on all our Lilly, Marigold, and strawberry around the property. Seem to be leaving the fruit trees alone but they are still around. Hopefully the cold winter will kill everything outside. I will continue to treat my moms indoors with Kontos and biowar to keep them safe until then.

ya unfortunately its warm all year here , what spray did you use outside sampsom? Do i need to treat my soil? do they live in soil?I know neem acts as a deterrent to most bad pests as a soil drench but also is an antifungus which is no good for my soonish arriving og biowar.anyone know if i can get kontos down under?

They spread to damn near everything on my property, I hit pot plants with spray all season and kept them at bay, but they are now on all our Lilly, Marigold, and strawberry around the property. Seem to be leaving the fruit trees alone but they are still around. Hopefully the cold winter will kill everything outside. I will continue to treat my moms indoors with Kontos and biowar to keep them safe until then.

Hey Samson so the biowar didnt really work for you or did you just start slacking off a bit and they came back? I think I remember a post awhile back where you thought it was working. I'm using it now during flower so I'm curious.

Can someone with experience using predators tell me if they mess up the smoke? I mean do they snap crackle pop like spider and cyclamen mites do? I cant see how they wouldnt being they poop and die all over the buds like other mites. I bought 50 sachets 1000 each of the N Californicus but I decided on putting them outside to clear up the environment while I use biowar inside. I had two leaves showing the cyclamen hook but I think they probably died from the kontos soil drench or the biowar. My plants 22 days into flower show no symptoms but my plants 11 days in had the weird growth that could just be showing up late for some reason, I think sometimes symptoms take a week or two to show up. Also has anyone tried NUKEem during flower, I've heard some good things but I haven't tried it myself.

talktosamson

Veteran
I won the war on my plants, but instead of continuing to infest treated plants, they ran to basically everything that was living and not treated. I'm thinking exterminator going to have to spray the property before next fall. Send the dogs to the grandparents poison shit. They don't make enough ogbiowar to treat everything that needs to be treated around here.

eric2028

Veteran
i'd like to share my experience with og biowar. I ve had bms for about 9 months. at first I used avid,forbid and phantom which def kept them away for 3 weeks or so. but they always returned. I then cleaned my entire grow and started ogbw weekly, which helped but wasn't totally preventing new damage. I then started applying ogbw twice weekly about a month ago and very little to no damage is seen. im gonna keep things super clean and keep applying hopefully they never return! just my experience guys hope it helps, good luck!

Two things
1. Retro I gotta admit you were correct, it seems a lot of the info on cyclamens is outdated and most of the new info states they're basically the same as broad mites except for the eggs. So people should be wary of internet info even from edu and other legitimate looking sources. From my experience bro science is winning the day here, this thread is the most informative I've found and I've been obsessed with studying these things of late.

2. I sprayed my plants down real good with NUKEem, I was seeing a few troubling signs of the beasts and I'm in flower so the harsh stuff is a no no. When the lights came on I almost fainted because the first 2 plants I saw all the pistols turned reddish but to my delight the other 38 were fine so I think it's a genetic thing. A few people I trust have said they beat back this scourge with it, they took cuts from me to experiment on so it wasn't a big operation to clean up but I'll report back if it helps me get through flower. Supposedly you can spray this stuff up to harvest and it even states you can spray it on the finished drying product so if it works I'd be happy to throw my avid away.

I have just ordered 10000 califorcornus ,will be spreading them around my gereral garden area and outdoor grow spots as a preventative prior to planting , indoor room charging now with starters/clones which are bm free [fingers friken crossed ] og biowar on the way.
This WILL be a good season :}

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
For the folks that wanted to control caterpillars with BTI, spray several times strength, and you need to hit the little buggers as soon as they hatch out of the eggs, the smaller the more effctive the BTI. When they are big they eat the BTI for lunch...You can use it as a preventive by spraying weekly pre flowering. If you have a local Ag guy to ask questions to they can advise on the time of year they lay eggs...
Back to BM.....
-SamS

symbiote420

Veteran
If outdoors for caterpillars I'd spray my plants with a tbsp/per gallon of diatomaceous earth! I haven't grown outdoors in a couple years due to rippers but I've been unleashing ladybugs and praying mantis' over the spring/summer this year and they're flourishing ...hopefully they'll stay around. I'll do it again next year too, the natural predators haven't been around like they were when I was a kid ...I kept a praying mantis for the indoor grow and it's been more enjoyable watching him grow up stalking and catching all types of critters than the ball python I used to have in my 20's!

Thomas Paine

Veteran
The Safer brand BT Catepillar Kiler @ 2 teaspoons per gallon, for a week every morning before the sun got too hot made all the worms (moth larvae) come out of the buds.

There were way more than I thought. Sux cause the biggest and best tops seemed to get them! Pulled them off one by one and killed them all. Ugly fuckers.

The next round (put outside and starting flowering now) will get treated as soon as they start showing hairs.

-----------

I recommended OGBiowar to a friend that manages a warehouse grow that had BM's and Whiteflys and Fungus Gnats. They ordered a kilo and have been brewing the nute pack and the foliar for over a month now. He dumps it in the medium as well to kill the root zone bugs.

I was just over there, things look excellent. He said he said he hasn't seen a bug or any more damage since they started using the stuff.
He thanked me profusely and I was like "hey, i just read about it on ICMag, it's not like I made it or anything"

:)

Thomas Paine

Veteran
If it's they want war, it's war I'll give 'em:

Weapons_of_War.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts