What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawk junkie

SOD its justice! All large scale grows, unethical disp, breeders, trimmers, gangs, organized crime, hydro stores etc.. going down nothing can be done! LOL If your a small scale grower who truly seeks knowledge you will be able to weather the storm. Humbolt growers would be smart to sell their land not only do they have BM but they have a pesticide resistant spider mite waiting 2 step up 2 bat!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If BM is as bad as you think then the whole agricultural world will be devoted to find a cure, either that or we can all die of starvation.
You seem to think that BM is everywhere, but it is not.
You can set up a new greenhouse, use massive amounts of preditors and good IPM greenhouse management, including screening windows and air exchange with very fine mesh to stop the bad guys, changing clothes, showers, etc before work. Don't bring any clones in the grow without several repeated dips a week apart with the nastiest chemicals. I do it with very small rooted clones, less then 6 inches, then I grow them big but clean, and take clean clones to use for flowering, I do not flower sprayed plants, I use them as materials to make mothers.
If you think a small scale grower, with knowledge, can weather the storm, don't you think just maybe that others can find solutions to grow tons without BM problems? Of course they can, I did.
I have never found a pest problem that could not be dealt with. I have been doing this for more then 30 years...
What a joke....
-SamS

SOD its justice! All large scale grows, unethical disp, breeders, trimmers, gangs, organized crime, hydro stores etc.. going down nothing can be done! LOL If your a small scale grower who truly seeks knowledge you will be able to weather the storm. Humbolt growers would be smart to sell their land not only do they have BM but they have a pesticide resistant spider mite waiting 2 step up 2 bat!

Seahawk junkie

Sam clearly you don't understand what's going on! This has been brewing 4 years, this simple problem has exploded it's only gonna get worse, again it's already devastating fruit and veg farmers! I'm really surprised your calling me a joke! You realize I can publish your comments in the future! The good news is prices should go up, growers have all the leverage your buyers have large inventories of infected bud let em know! If a dispensary doesn't wanna play ball call city councilman or anti MJ organ if you don't like your disp drop a dime!

talktosamson

Veteran
To me it sounds like Seahawks junky is having a hard time getting rid of his product, for the desired amount. He keeps calling into question dispensaries who want infected buds and growers willing to take 2400 a unit. Me thinks he went in asking rediculous donations for his "only non infected bud on the west coast" and got sent packing. How close am I?

Breakdown Tactics

Breakdown Tactics

So here's my plan for clean up: any recommendations would be appreciated...

Harvest Plants (remove all plant material from the premises)
Drop aerosol bombs- Pylon (chlorfenapyr) Raid Deep Reach (cypermethrin)
Exhaust entire building
Heat treatment applied to all rooms
Remove trash and any remaining plants debris
Remove and dispose of drop-down ceiling tiles
Remove any unnecessary equipment from the building
Spray entire building with bleach and water mixture (floors, walls, drop-down ceiling frame, split unit ACs) wipe walls down and mop with bleach and Pine Sol mixture.
Make a clean room (this room has been thoroughly cleaned, painted and heat treated)
Wash all equipment: including nutrient bottles, etc. with (bleach, Ajax, Simple Green mixture) then place in the clean room
Final wipe down of rooms including hoods, ballasts, and controllers: sweep and mop
Paint the inside of the building: walls and floor with (Kills2 paint/primer)
Tent Fumigation applied to entire building with Sulfuryl Fluoride gas: air conditioners set to fan, to purge units and ducting of pests
Install brand new drop-down ceiling tiles
Final bleach spray down of rooms, and inside of building with equipment in place
Final heat treatment of rooms with equipment in place

RetroGrow

Veteran
You guys need quite growing if you keep getting em! The entire state of California is infested you guys gonna ship that crap all over the world? It has already spread into the food supply practically every grower in Chico and grass valley have em in/out! Make no mistake this is terrorism who's the clown who suggested non botanist could grow commercial MJ? This is ornamental horticulture either you have the background r u don't! DispencaryS r going down!

So how long have you worked for the DEA?
Good benefits?

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys need quite growing if you keep getting em! The entire state of California is infested you guys gonna ship that crap all over the world? It has already spread into the food supply practically every grower in Chico and grass valley have em in/out! Make no mistake this is terrorism who's the clown who suggested non botanist could grow commercial MJ? This is ornamental horticulture either you have the background r u don't! DispencaryS r going down!

The problem is the growers it has finally caught up with everyone! This has been a dirty little secret that has finally overtaken the abilities of the world wide community! The dispencaries are gonna bite the dust they clearly have known for a while and continue to encourage sales of contaminated bud! California dispencaries do not want clean weed they prefer to earn higher profits selling contaminated weed. Call your congrassman dept of Ag, City councilman. Better to tell the truth than to let the anti MJ folks run with this.

may i interest you in our latest high end model that says i am sophisticated yet have a clue... the tin top.
TinFoilHat.jpg

not feeling like a bow tie tonight??? then how about our less formal selection that still retains all of the mind ray blocking technology as our tin top without the need for the tin monocle or cane. the tin cap.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

bananisation

Yet we still get people on this end of the thread asking basic questions that have been answered many times, why? Because there isn't much relevant information on the first and last pages. We need a proper tarsonomeid faq, because there aren't many people who are going to sift through 147 pages to find relevant info.

You couldnt be more right Sooper!

In my paranoid state of mind Im seeing broad mite eggs everywhere :wallbash: or from jumping from thread page 1 to 70 and back to page 30 again and so on I think it's cyclamen eggs right now.

Or is it trichomes?
All I see (with my cheap ass 100x microscope) is that it's perfectly round (not oval) shaped.
They are milky white in their colour.
They are on the top of the leaves as well as under.

With a faq on the first page people like me wouldnt be so clueless :)

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Does anyone know if OGBiowar would work on budworms?

I've pulled a few out of my tallest plants in the backyard.

The things are gross, and they shit all over inside the buds.

talktosamson

Veteran

Nope just gotta do caterpillar patrol every morning. Check your tops or they will eat them from the inside out. It takes a good bit of time but its the only way to stop them is to pluck them and squash the little bitches.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Thanks Sampson.

I'm gonna pick up some Safer Brand Caterpillar Killer with BT and see if it helps.

...until then, I'll continue to manually exterminate them with extreme vengeance LOL !

RetroGrow

Veteran
You couldnt be more right Sooper!

In my paranoid state of mind Im seeing broad mite eggs everywhere :wallbash: or from jumping from thread page 1 to 70 and back to page 30 again and so on I think it's cyclamen eggs right now.

Or is it trichomes?
All I see (with my cheap ass 100x microscope) is that it's perfectly round (not oval) shaped.
They are milky white in their colour.
They are on the top of the leaves as well as under.

With a faq on the first page people like me wouldnt be so clueless :)

"Top of the leaves"=trichomes. Mites lay eggs UNDER the leaves. There are plenty of pictures of both, so I don't see why people are still having trouble identifying eggs. Trichomes will be everywhere. Eggs will be scattered or in groups, but will not be covering every part of the leaves as the trichomes do. Google the pictures of the eggs.

bananisation

"Top of the leaves"=trichomes. Mites lay eggs UNDER the leaves. There are plenty of pictures of both, so I don't see why people are still having trouble identifying eggs. Trichomes will be everywhere. Eggs will be scattered or in groups, but will not be covering every part of the leaves as the trichomes do. Google the pictures of the eggs.

Mine are exactly like those in the picture below, maybe a little more milky colour.

http://www.spidermitekiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/MiteEggs.jpg

And they are scattered around,

But The thing that gets me is that there are huge amounts of eggs everywhere not just UNDER the leaves.

The symptoms I got was mostly rust spots and yellowing leaves deficiency symptoms in other words.
Not to an extreme but still annoying enough. So I upped the nutes and not a major difference and now 2 months into the fight I start digging and yesterday i started heating it up :biggrin:

knubs

The BT K in the ogbiowar is the same active ingredient in the safer brand caterpillar killer. from what i've seen the ogbiowar sucks for caterpillar killing though. i quickly switched back to the safer spray and saw dying caterpillars crawling out everywhere a couple days later.
it is kind of late to start treating, but better late than never. i've been spraying weekly for 2 months now.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Mine are exactly like those in the picture below, maybe a little more milky colour.

http://www.spidermitekiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/MiteEggs.jpg

And they are scattered around,

But The thing that gets me is that there are huge amounts of eggs everywhere not just UNDER the leaves.

The symptoms I got was mostly rust spots and yellowing leaves deficiency symptoms in other words.
Not to an extreme but still annoying enough. So I upped the nutes and not a major difference and now 2 months into the fight I start digging and yesterday i started heating it up :biggrin:

That site is about spider mites, and what you are seeing are not eggs, from your description.

sunset limited

Veteran
That site is about spider mites, and what you are seeing are not eggs, from your description.

spider mites, caterpillars, broad mites... who's counting anyway?

i was just trying to source caterpillar remedies. you say safers has bacillus thuringiensis and actually works? same stuff as my gnatrol. imma get right on that.

Very hopeful about my first root drench of Kontos. Been gettin hell from the bm in Humboldt. Organicann was friendly enough to give root aphids so should kill them Aswell. Seems as though this is the best method to clean young plants. Gonna do a follow up with spectracide, it was mentioned earlier that this is harmful to bm also.

Status
Not open for further replies.