What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Avid used right ...will blow natural predators out the water....
are you speaking from experience storm shadow you using them in flower?... i have seen at least three posts recommending them for flower so i was wondering if there is a good reason why predators would not work in the veg room?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Im not saying they dont work....but when Avid is used right or most of the products mentioned in this thread...they are alot more effective.... its also what kind of grower you are....Natural Predators are cool for the home/Closet grower...but on a large scale....commerical side...its the wrong way to go ...

RetroGrow

Veteran
has anybody tried the californicus in their veg rooms i have only read about them being used in flower?

In veg, I used chems & heat treatments. Predators were added only going into flower, as you can't spray your buds. I found the predators to be extremely effective...saved the crop for sure. Before predators, every leaf covered with eggs. After, not an egg to be found. If you use predators, don't skimp on the numbers. I bought 1000, but would get at least 5000 if it happened again. There is a way to propagate them, but I do not know what it is. I'm looking into that. Using them in veg would certainly be a good "preventative", but they will starve without food, so if there is no infestation present, you would have to feed them. They like to eat pollen also.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
In veg, I used chems & heat treatments. Predators were added only going into flower, as you can't spray your buds. I found the predators to be extremely effective...saved the crop for sure. Before predators, every leaf covered with eggs. After, not an egg to be found. If you use predators, don't skimp on the numbers. I bought 1000, but would get at least 5000 if it happened again. There is a way to propagate them, but I do not know what it is. I'm looking into that. Using them in veg would certainly be a good "preventative", but they will starve without food, so if there is no infestation present, you would have to feed them. They like to eat pollen also.
last time mine stuck around for quite a while. i know how to propagate them but it is highly labor intensive would rather be growing more plants.

i have 75 000 individuals on order arriving nxt tuesday probably complete overkill but i need to be sure of victory. will let you guys know how the war ends!

Avid stays in your plants for way too long oswizzle so its not the right way to go.. spray in veg and you still get a good amount of ppms to show on your buds when tested so watch what you spray guys because you will be smoking the buds too..

Avid shows in samples even if you never sprayed in flower or even close to flower... you see how bad avid is when just inhaled or even gets on your skin imagine when ignited and consumed...

So while avid and forbid might be the best choice I have had great success with regular stuff..

Stop looking for brands of product and start seeing what active ingrients actually work in the product that your buying..

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is more avid on the fruit you buy in the grocery store then you will ever find in bud sprayed n veg. two rounds of avid and all broads were toast.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
there is more avid on the fruit you buy in the grocery store then you will ever find in bud sprayed n veg. two rounds of avid and all broads were toast.
hey phillthy i still cant find a single broad in my veg room despite having a severe infestation in flower for a couple weeks now. i introduced californicus this morning in flower... so should i use avid as a preventative in veg or just wait and see how the californicus go?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not saying they dont work....but when Avid is used right or most of the products mentioned in this thread...they are alot more effective.... its also what kind of grower you are....Natural Predators are cool for the home/Closet grower...but on a large scale....commerical side...its the wrong way to go ...

agreed

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hit veg with avid then released predators in flower on the plants that i didnt scrap. they worked great.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^
also agreed
predators, ime, good for prevention, not to control an outbreak or kill a swarm of broads or borg

Tuji

Hi people, finally i've found my last plague

when i found the bastards the first time(those in photos are the bitches i think) i didn't know what they really are and sprayed the plants with abamectine 1,8% at 0,5 ml/l ,(like usually do for the spidermites) for about one week they seems to be gone but in the last tree days i've found some burned pistils and some lower leaves gettin yellow on some plants ,so while checking the plants found a new little invasion ,really i was thinkin that i had also a mold or fungus problem but when i found this 3d the things seem to be clearer.
now i'm on 28 days of flowering and for what i can understand just some predator can do the job until the harvest but
anyone has tried the fungus beuveria baussiana ? it can work on the broad mite?
it's a solution a little costly but where effective can be more rapid than any other anthagonists and also with no residue at all

RetroGrow

Veteran
You will need to move quickly with a large number of predators, possibly 1000 per plant, depending on plant size.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Hi people, finally i've found my last plague
View Image View Image View Image View Image
anyone has tried the fungus beuveria baussiana ? it can work on the broad mite?
it's a solution a little costly but where effective can be more rapid than any other anthagonists and also with no residue at all
i also thought about beauvaria bassiana i once used it on fungus gnat larva and they seemed to die off after i applied it, dont wanna risk it atm as i introduced my preds yesterday.

i ordered amblyseius swirskii as well as californicus, it is a recently discovered predator, it is extremely aggressive and has been observed feeding on broad mites.

it worries me that i have red spider mites on my plants too, and the californicus may feed on these in preference to the broads. but to counter this i introduced phytoseiulus persimilis to quickly wipe out the borg.

I hate to see ppl compare buds to fruit...

first of all I don't smoke fruit.. second of all most fruits that get sprayed are consumed but peeled.. no one eats the outer layer which is sprayed.. so while you might be correct that fruits get sprayed with avid I highly doubt its as bad as spraying a bud I'm gonna be smoking..

Last tell me how many times you rinse your buds before consumption...?? ..

Again not trying to start anything but I can assure you there's many things that will kill broads other than avid specially since it do sent even work on the eggs.. with one spray you still get a good amount of ppms in the finished product.. imagine all these guys dipping there clones weekly...

Remember its medicine for some..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gimme a hand, are these broads i got running around on my leaves?
picture.php

picture.php

the gnome

Veteran
I really doubt those are broads avin,
broads are more shaped like the metal halide bulbs that are
round and bulbous looking.
with that many your also see the tell tale egg sac all over the leaves.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks gnome, guess that means its prolly hemp russets? or do i have something besides those 2 that im unaware of...
FML

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to see ppl compare buds to fruit...

first of all I don't smoke fruit.. second of all most fruits that get sprayed are consumed but peeled.. no one eats the outer layer which is sprayed.. so while you might be correct that fruits get sprayed with avid I highly doubt its as bad as spraying a bud I'm gonna be smoking..

Last tell me how many times you rinse your buds before consumption...?? ..

Again not trying to start anything but I can assure you there's many things that will kill broads other than avid specially since it do sent even work on the eggs.. with one spray you still get a good amount of ppms in the finished product.. imagine all these guys dipping there clones weekly...

Remember its medicine for some..

some of the worst fruits as far as pesticide consumption are grapes, strawberries, blueberries. none of which get pealed before consumption. apples do not either. i have eaten way more fruit then i have smoked buds. in my case, i would worry more about the fruit/veggies i eat then the buds i grow and smoke. rinsing fruit/veggies does little to get rid of any pesticides. not many actually wash their fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.