What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettogro

Veteran
Thanks for the advise.. I can definatly get the heat to 120F no problem. I can keep the root zone at 65f with the chiller and rdwc..

I really kinda thought these were resin glands, as they are the same size as a trich and look just like one. I still cant find anything alive anywhere. I think my microscope is at least 100x maybe 200x. Please see the size of the thrip in the pic taken with the same scope. I did have thrip infestation before but the damage seems to much just to be thrips.. I dont know.

To me these balls dont look like the google pics of mite eggs,

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The answer I would love to hear is. " man those arent mite eggs, the damage to your crop was caused by the thrips and they are all dead now"
I have fresh vegging healthy plants to start over. I just dont want this to happen again

gettogro

Veteran
If this is the size of broad mites then I think what is in my pics are not mite eggs.
copy of pics from earlier in thread
If mites can be manifested by paranoia then I am surely infested

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

If mites can be manifested by paranoia then I am surely infested

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thanks for the advise.. I can definatly get the heat to 120F no problem. I can keep the root zone at 65f with the chiller and rdwc..

I really kinda thought these were resin glands, as they are the same size as a trich and look just like one. I still cant find anything alive anywhere. I think my microscope is at least 100x maybe 200x. Please see the size of the thrip in the pic taken with the same scope. I did have thrip infestation before but the damage seems to much just to be thrips.. I dont know.

To me these balls dont look like the google pics of mite eggs,

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

The answer I would love to hear is. " man those arent mite eggs, the damage to your crop was caused by the thrips and they are all dead now"
I have fresh vegging healthy plants to start over. I just dont want this to happen again

That first picture, they do look like broad mite eggs. They have a circle in the center with a ring of bumps around it, if you make the picture full size. It's fuzzy, but it looks like that to me.

gettogro

Veteran
Ok, thanks. Ill be treating the vegging plants for mites. And the flowering ones Ill look more into the heat treatment.
What humidity would you suggest for the 120F treatment?
If I leave the fans on I think it would maintain a better constant temp around the room.

Side by side of the size difference.

picture.php

My plant on the right

RetroGrow

Veteran
Keep scoping them ,as it is difficult to tell from pictures, given that they are @ different magnifications. If they are on the tops of leaves, then they are resin glands. If only on the bottom, that is where the eggs will be found.

G

Gifted0ne

The only sign of possible broad mites your plants show are the slight twist of single leave blades, which can also be caused by other things. Your plants look like they are suffering toxic salt build up or ph problems. maybe even root rot.

If you killed all those thrips they should be fine as far as pests.

** By the way there are people that continue to give bad information on this forum so be cautious. They think they are god's gift to growing and never admit when they're wrong which is quiet often. Then they go and click "No" this wasn't helpful to good info, so do the research you'll be fine.

gettogro

Veteran
Thanks for the advise guys,
I searched for a couple more hours, and I cant find anything alive or any eggs, that I can be 100% sure of. My plants are doing better now. It could have been the thrip infestation that caused all my trouble, Sorry to muck up your thread, I will definatly be on the look out for mites in the future. Very informative

johnnye

hey gettogro!
GREAT pics!

I thought the same as you did, that the trichs on the fan leafes could be eggs, it was lookin the same as in your pics(didn't know that there are actually trichs on fan leafes.)
Plus I got weird leafes all over my plants too, I guess it is in fact the TMV/PH, and not (in my case) cyclamen mites . the trich - like eggs if they were eggs, could only be from cylcamen or I think hemp russet mites, cause they have eggs without little dots on them. but after all... no mites in my garden, I hope.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
These are Broad mites
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is a Broad mite carrying a mate...
picture.php

This is a pic of a hatched BM egg...
picture.php

Hope this helps.

GREAT...!

GREAT...!

These are Broad mites
View Image

View Image

View Image

This is a Broad mite carrying a mate...
View Image

This is a pic of a hatched BM egg...
View Image

Hope this helps.

Finally, Thank you friend. Nice pics of our enemy with some good contrast of size comparison. Thank you,thank you...!!! I have only seen one live one in my life and what I thought where eggs. (I did battle them for a long time cause I know the damage like an expert). Thanks again, nice work hope these pics stay up a long while. Have not seen these good of pic even when you Google them.

:thank you:

Retro.... Can you provide some more info on the Aspirin? I run a 30gal res with rockwool....Are you using this in the res the whole time? I've tried to research more on it, but the info for MJ is pretty limited. Thank You!

I use

I use

Retro.... Can you provide some more info on the Aspirin? I run a 30gal res with rockwool....Are you using this in the res the whole time? I've tried to research more on it, but the info for MJ is pretty limited. Thank You!

I don't use it the last couple of weeks cause the plants are dying anyways.Really noticed a big improvement from using aspirin this time from plants recovering from the toxin. Pictures to follow.

No

No

I use H202.... is this going to be a problem?

I found that a little h202 works for me to keep good bacteria in balance but I only use a little like every other rez change I use maybe two teaspoons of 3% per gallon. And I use aspirin at one half a 325 mg per gallon until the last ten days or so. (25 325 mg per 50 gal rez). This is just what I do it may be better if you use a full 325 mg per gal like retro advises as he got me on the rite track to overcoming the dude syndrome. I have one strain of SSH that did not recover at all and my favorite SSH Pheno that was barely ever affected (Thank god)..And another Larry og that was toast and would not recover. And other mothers that recovered completely some I tried one and a half 325 mg some one 325 mg per gal. Over time as I can tell the ones that recover well I use less aspirin over time. I also noticed that the OGbiowar makes my plants look better not just as a broad mite killer but it seems there is other fungus in there that makes plants thrive JMHO. Also what I do is take the asparin put it in a small separate bowl and put pretty warm almost hot water in bowl and swirl it around to dissolve aspirin then pour into rez for hydro, or watering vessel for soil works great.GL.

G

Gifted0ne

H202 hinders root growth and has no effect on root health unless used in a concentration that requires a recovery time of 2 days or so to begin growth again (and will kill small plants and clones). It has been proven to delay pythium out break by a couple days but does not prevent it. H202 is good for cleaning in high concentration that's it.

I run H202 %29 3 mil/gal 24/7, 365... Nothing but nice white roots! Keeps rez nice and sterile. Been doing it this way since i had a bad case of slime in F&D when my rez was in low 70's.

Yes

Yes

I run H202 %29 3 mil/gal 24/7, 365... Nothing but nice white roots! Keeps rez nice and sterile. Been doing it this way since i had a bad case of slime in F&D when my rez was in low 70's.

Most definitely, It's documented that h202 is like "Liquid oxygen" for the root zone. They use to sell products that worked like magic to promote fast root growth and people later found it to be just h202. And, kills some unwanted bacteria while helping good bacteria. I am a promoter of using low levels of h202 for hydro grows.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Most definitely, It's documented that h202 is like "Liquid oxygen" for the root zone. They use to sell products that worked like magic to promote fast root growth and people later found it to be just h202. And, kills some unwanted bacteria while helping good bacteria. I am a promoter of using low levels of h202 for hydro grows.

How does it help "good" bacteria? I was under the impression that it kills bacteria indiscriminately, "good" & "bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts