X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talktosamson
    replied
    Kontos used as a soil drench just saved a few of my mom's suffering really badly. Took about a week and they are healthy and green again

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    sulfur? like safer fungicide? how does sulfur kill them?

Leave a comment:

• cannasaur
    replied
    Also, I should mention, when using sulfur, you don't want to have applied any oil based substances via foliar spray 2-3 weeks prior to treating.

Leave a comment:

• cannasaur
    replied
    Sulfur foliar sprays seem to be knocking back the broad mites for me. They seem to be a bad problem here in norcal. everywhere is sold out of sulfur. apparantly its the only thing that'll wipe em out.

Leave a comment:

• bananisation
    replied
    Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    That site is about spider mites, and what you are seeing are not eggs, from your description.

RetroGrow thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Paine
    replied
    Thanks Knubs. I thought it may be a bit late as well, next year I guess I'll start before budset.

Stupid Moths!

Leave a comment:

• cannascholar
    replied
    Very hopeful about my first root drench of Kontos. Been gettin hell from the bm in Humboldt. Organicann was friendly enough to give root aphids so should kill them Aswell. Seems as though this is the best method to clean young plants. Gonna do a follow up with spectracide, it was mentioned earlier that this is harmful to bm also.

Leave a comment:

• sunset limited
    replied
    That site is about spider mites, and what you are seeing are not eggs, from your description.
    spider mites, caterpillars, broad mites... who's counting anyway?

i was just trying to source caterpillar remedies. you say safers has bacillus thuringiensis and actually works? same stuff as my gnatrol. imma get right on that.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by bananisation View Post
    Mine are exactly like those in the picture below, maybe a little more milky colour.

http://www.spidermitekiller.com/wp-c...4/MiteEggs.jpg

And they are scattered around,

But The thing that gets me is that there are huge amounts of eggs everywhere not just UNDER the leaves.

The symptoms I got was mostly rust spots and yellowing leaves deficiency symptoms in other words.
    Not to an extreme but still annoying enough. So I upped the nutes and not a major difference and now 2 months into the fight I start digging and yesterday i started heating it up

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    Does anyone know if OGBiowar would work on budworms?

I've pulled a few out of my tallest plants in the backyard.

The things are gross, and they shit all over inside the buds.

The BT K in the ogbiowar is the same active ingredient in the safer brand caterpillar killer. from what i've seen the ogbiowar sucks for caterpillar killing though. i quickly switched back to the safer spray and saw dying caterpillars crawling out everywhere a couple days later.
    it is kind of late to start treating, but better late than never. i've been spraying weekly for 2 months now.

Leave a comment:

• bananisation
    replied
    "Top of the leaves"=trichomes. Mites lay eggs UNDER the leaves. There are plenty of pictures of both, so I don't see why people are still having trouble identifying eggs. Trichomes will be everywhere. Eggs will be scattered or in groups, but will not be covering every part of the leaves as the trichomes do. Google the pictures of the eggs.
    Mine are exactly like those in the picture below, maybe a little more milky colour.

http://www.spidermitekiller.com/wp-c...4/MiteEggs.jpg

And they are scattered around,

But The thing that gets me is that there are huge amounts of eggs everywhere not just UNDER the leaves.

The symptoms I got was mostly rust spots and yellowing leaves deficiency symptoms in other words.
    Not to an extreme but still annoying enough. So I upped the nutes and not a major difference and now 2 months into the fight I start digging and yesterday i started heating it up

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by bananisation View Post
    You couldnt be more right Sooper!

In my paranoid state of mind Im seeing broad mite eggs everywhere or from jumping from thread page 1 to 70 and back to page 30 again and so on I think it's cyclamen eggs right now.

Or is it trichomes?
    All I see (with my cheap ass 100x microscope) is that it's perfectly round (not oval) shaped.
    They are milky white in their colour.
    They are on the top of the leaves as well as under.

With a faq on the first page people like me wouldnt be so clueless
    "Top of the leaves"=trichomes. Mites lay eggs UNDER the leaves. There are plenty of pictures of both, so I don't see why people are still having trouble identifying eggs. Trichomes will be everywhere. Eggs will be scattered or in groups, but will not be covering every part of the leaves as the trichomes do. Google the pictures of the eggs.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Paine
    replied
    Thanks Sampson.

I'm gonna pick up some Safer Brand Caterpillar Killer with BT and see if it helps.

...until then, I'll continue to manually exterminate them with extreme vengeance LOL !

Leave a comment:

• talktosamson
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas Paine View Post

Nope just gotta do caterpillar patrol every morning. Check your tops or they will eat them from the inside out. It takes a good bit of time but its the only way to stop them is to pluck them and squash the little bitches.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Paine
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X