X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opt1c
    replied
    kontos in veg at 1ml/gal worked for me finally.... tetrasan25, pylon, and avid only held them at bay

Leave a comment:

• eric2028
    replied
    Originally posted by Gifted0ne View Post
    Damn guess they will be going in the trash then. Maybe ill dunk them in bleach/h202 before trashin them for the hell of it. I guess the whole room is suspect too now.

Clones came from a very well known source too, damn people sellin dirty clones. 2nd time in a row burned by dirty seller.
    if you don't have to keep the clones i'd trash em. but if you wanna keep them pickup og biowar foliar pack. spray everything twice a week. you can find it for like $35 which you can use for like 3 months. good luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by eric2028 View Post
    don't work for broadmites
    Damn guess they will be going in the trash then. Maybe ill dunk them in bleach/h202 before trashin them for the hell of it. I guess the whole room is suspect too now.

Clones came from a very well known source too, damn people sellin dirty clones. 2nd time in a row burned by dirty seller.

Leave a comment:

• eric2028
    replied
    Anyone know if might wash works for broad mites? I just shot my infected plant with Might wash then washed it down with green stay + Dutchmaster Zone.
    don't work for broadmites

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    Not gonna work....
    Has anyone here tried Zone tho to kill em? its copper sulfate, i guess ill find out.. Sorry 1 more question tho will the heisenberg tea as a foliar do the job??

Under attack right now and not gunna spend $300 on chemicals, 2nd damn time in a row given dirty clones :(

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Anyone know if might wash works for broad mites? I just shot my infected plant with Might wash then washed it down with green stay + Dutchmaster Zone.
    Not gonna work....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Paine
    replied
    Russet mites are a common problem.

Best way to avoid them is to not have tomatoes in your outdoor garden.

Cherry tomatoes usually have them crawling all over the vine parts.

Take a branch of any of your tomato plants and shake it over any flat surface you can examine (even the deck)... you'll see them all over.

----------
    Russet Mite control:

Royalty and Perring (1987) evaluated five acaricides on tomato russet mite and a tydeid mite predator, Homeopronematus anconai. For tomato russet mite, avermectin B1 (Avid, Agrimer) was the most toxic, followed by dicofol, cyhexatin, sulfur, and thuringiensin. According to their study, selective doses of Avermectin B1 could provide good control of tomato russet mite while conserving a predator of the tomato russet mite, H. anconai.

Looks like Avid plus predators would work very well.

http://www.extento.hawaii.edu/kbase/...e/a_lycope.htm

Leave a comment:

• stasis
    replied
    K nubs they should be the same in terms of treatment. I am trying to save someone else's multi-room scene already containing B M s. Me entering midway. May the Deities be with me.

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    how is combating a russet mite compared to a broad mite? is it a lot easier or no?

Leave a comment:

• Avinash.miles
    replied
    i had russet mites, no broads,
    broads are lil and round, smaller than russets, russets are oblong like a lil worm.

i had good results with sulfur brand wettable sulfur (sold as a fungicide ) against russets

Leave a comment:

• GET MO
    replied
    I read they usually ride with broad mites.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Russet mites. There's a thread on them.

Leave a comment:

• GET MO
    replied
    I did some research.... These aren't broad mites, they are rust mites...
    heres my pic

they look kinda like thrips but WAY smaller and less mobile.
    heres a description from wikki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aceria_anthocoptes

what the hell is up with all these different kinds of mites all uh sudden hoppin on the herbs?

Leave a comment:

• high life 45
    replied
    Originally posted by talktosamson View Post
    They spread to damn near everything on my property, I hit pot plants with spray all season and kept them at bay, but they are now on all our Lilly, Marigold, and strawberry around the property. Seem to be leaving the fruit trees alone but they are still around. Hopefully the cold winter will kill everything outside. I will continue to treat my moms indoors with Kontos and biowar to keep them safe until then.
    I would try some swirskii mites as predators and try to build up a natural population. Im going in with some other local growers on a monthly order to use as preventative maintenance in my garden through out the year..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X