X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siftedunity
    replied
    ive actually found that mite are actually pretty frail. avid and forbid foe the win though, and gutting the rooms etc. retro, didn't you say your mites kept returning??

Leave a comment:

• Some old dude
    replied
    "Bro"

Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    I'll take my "bro" over your "pro" anyday.
    You caught them too late. Your "bad".
    The damage was already done. No one's fault and no miracle cure if you let your infestation go unnoticed for that long.
    But, if you were paying attention to the many photos in the thread, you wouldn't be sending anything to an entomologist.
    What for? BMs & Cyclamens are easily identified by their eggs. All you have to do is scope the undersides of leaves. No need for an entomologist at all. Can't imagine why people are still having problems identifying eggs if they read the thread.
    So I'll take my experience with cannabis/BMs over your "pro".
    It's just a choice "Bro Science technique" poison free healthy growing. Or, toxic neuro pathway carcinogenic proven adulterated poison ingestion. Very proud "Bro science technique" grower here. I feel sorry for those who can't master the healthy option. It's just a choice in the end though I hold no ill will to those who choose to use trans- laminar poisons both techniques work one is markedly easier than the other. For those that say the healthy option did not work for them thats ok I have my proof and have shown pictures here. My experience with BM's and the results are all I need.And I would not have been able to solve this life changing problem without this forum So thank you all. Just as an extra note. Just as the "organic" option (and I know the word "organic" causes some arguments here) but it's just a way of saying poultry or meat or produce grown without artificial hormones or chemical synthesized growth and pest carcinogenic additives demand a higher cost to produce so will this medicine and demand a higher cost for the consumer. In my humble opinion a growing number of people will want and seek out this option. All the best people...!

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    I'll take my "bro" over your "pro" anyday.
    You caught them too late. Your "bad".
    The damage was already done. No one's fault and no miracle cure if you let your infestation go unnoticed for that long.
    But, if you were paying attention to the many photos in the thread, you wouldn't be sending anything to an entomologist.
    What for? BMs & Cyclamens are easily identified by their eggs. All you have to do is scope the undersides of leaves. No need for an entomologist at all. Can't imagine why people are still having problems identifying eggs if they read the thread.
    So I'll take my experience with cannabis/BMs over your "pro".

Leave a comment:

• bubbler720
    replied
    Except the ones that re-enter the room, and ones that are in the room, hiding out all over the place.
    It is this kind of frantic over-reaction that is making Tarsonemid mites a bigger problem than they are. If there are broad or cyclamen mites in the garden the protocol to get rid of them has been well documented.

Obviously, that entemologist never had to deal with them in a cannabis grow room.
    Yes, we should discredit the professional who has published reports on broad and cyclamen mites because we know more. Fucking kidding me, right? This isn't their profession or anything and cannabis is certainly a one-of-a-kind plant that is so different than anything else the University entomologist definitely doesn't know what he's talking about. Discredit the pros in favor of the much preferred paranoid bro science, making the problem bigger than it actually is.

As far as the toxins, aspirin almost eliminates the effects of them, so if you use aspirin from the beginning, that issue will be mitigated.
    If I had caught this from the beginning, 5 months ago, and sprayed the moms with avid/forbid/3x neem as Storm recommended, and fog and clean the hell out of the garden, they would have been gone, leave the the aspirin in the bottle where it belongs. I didn't catch them in the beginning - when I did the infection was severe. I'm open minded and I tried heat and aspirin. They probably helped. But aspirin did not save my duds or make new cuttings that rooted grow. The toxins had destroyed the plant and its genetics. The way out, as has been documented when the problem is this severe, is to trash badly infected plants, clean thoroughly and get new genetics = start from scratch. Do this and there will be no mites 'hiding out all over the place' like some fictional bullshit alien attack force - really bro, lay off the science theater 2000.

We're all trying to help one another be successful - to produce great smoke and get over the obstacles like broad/cyclamen mites. I've gotten past the problem I had with the help of some good peeps here. Now I'm giving back by sharing what worked for me, which is all I wanted from this thread when I was in hell. Keep it positive by posting what worked for you. Stop discrediting the pros and reinforcing paranoid bullshit bro science - it doesn't help anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Paine
    replied
    If your plants were damaged from BM's, then the plant may be showing signs of stress from not growing enough when they were being damaged - dying roots in stagnant medium, salt build-up and so forth.

After killing the mites, I would recommend doing a flush and then using a good enzyme product like Cannazyme or Hygrozyme to clean up all the dead roots and any rot.

Also, the plants will continue to show Tarsonemid mite damage for weeks after treatment.

You can alleviate some of the damage with Retro's aspirin treatment (325mp per gallon)

-------------

Also - BM's and Cyclamen mites are from the Tarsonemid family. You can find more info when using the correct term in a search. Broad Mite is an American name given to these things. Another name is "Thread-footed mite".

Tarsonemid mites (family Tarsonemidae)

-------------

One of the things I did, and continue to do, that i didn't mention is I asked God for help. Seriously.

I wasn't handling the stress well and I was at wits end. Very very depressed... I was not in a good place.

I had no where else to go, and finally just "gave in" and got down on my knees and asked for help.

I continue to pray every day, now more just to give thanks (adoration) rather than just asking for help (petitioning).

If nothing else, it helped my mindset and gave me that extra strength to make it to this point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X