This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Ahh ok, i just noticed fine print says micro coated.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    One aspirin tablet does not drop PH much at all. Barely noticeable, but you always adjust PH after everything is mixed anyway. Something else is causing it, unless you are using lots of aspirin. Even so, PH adjustment afterwards straightens it out. I have used as many as 3 tabs per gallon with no problems. Ideal PH for coco is 5.8. PH normally rises a bit afterwards. Unless you are using "time release" or "coated" aspirin which you shouldn't be. Cheap, generic, plain, uncoated aspirin.
    Last edited by RetroGrow; 11-06-2013, 03:53.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yo retro, i been using the Aspirin for a couple weeks now and im having my ph drop from like 6.0 to 5.0 over 24 hrs everyday. Is this due to the aspirin? cause my ppm's are stable

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    has anyone used akari 5sc? it says it is effective against tarsonemid mites.

Leave a comment:

• oldmanriver1
    replied
    take a screen shot of your screen (prnt scrn button then paste it into the paint program) and then crop it.

also, what kind of microscope did you buy?
    knubs is offline Add to knubs's Reputation Report Post

cheers i will do that next scope .I bought a 50x/500x endoscope/ microscope with camera , pretty good for 25bux , comes with stand , thru ebay , holla idf u need link

Leave a comment:

• knubs
    replied
    Originally posted by oldmanriver1 View Post
    ya i tried the 25$ usb microscope, its good but when u hit snap button it moves the actual focus resulting in blurry pics. I have an real microscope on the way will udate then..

take a screen shot of your screen (prnt scrn button then paste it into the paint program) and then crop it.

also, what kind of microscope did you buy?

Leave a comment:

• oldmanriver1
    replied
    ya i tried the 25$ usb microscope, its good but when u hit snap button it moves the actual focus resulting in blurry pics. I have an real microscope on the way will udate then..

Leave a comment:

• Phillthy
    replied
    i blazed my room at 130 without plants in. great for killing spores and shit too.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by oldmanriver1 View Post
    Could be, but pictures are pretty much out of focus, so difficult to be certain. I think I can confirm one egg in second picture, but better pix would remove all doubt.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by AstheCrowflies View Post
    Skinter,
    It's pretty easy to bypass the thermister, I soldered a wire to each end of the thermister thereby cutting it out of the circuit. My heater just runs and runs and I was able to achieve over 120 degrees. I have ran some tests heating up some leaves in a mason jar in a pan of hot water and killed all mites, don't know for sure if the eggs are affected, I saved the leaves in a jar and will check later to see if any eggs develop.
    I'm so glad you put up the link to this thread at GP and I'll report here and at GP after I turn up the heat on these buggars.
    Thanks
    ATCF
    120 F kills eggs too...

Leave a comment:

• oldmanriver1
    replied

couple more..

Leave a comment:

• oldmanriver1
    replied

Can anyone confirm that these are bm eggs? Even with my new microscope i still havent seen a live bm but heaps of these "eggs " .

Leave a comment:

• AstheCrowflies
    replied
    Skinter,
    It's pretty easy to bypass the thermister, I soldered a wire to each end of the thermister thereby cutting it out of the circuit. My heater just runs and runs and I was able to achieve over 120 degrees. I have ran some tests heating up some leaves in a mason jar in a pan of hot water and killed all mites, don't know for sure if the eggs are affected, I saved the leaves in a jar and will check later to see if any eggs develop.
    I'm so glad you put up the link to this thread at GP and I'll report here and at GP after I turn up the heat on these buggars.
    Thanks
    ATCF

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    finally got my little room to 115 degrees took a few hrs, with two space heaters and lamp on. didnt bother plant at all..

Leave a comment:

• skintner
    replied
    The tank was pretty close to empty and it's all done now... hopefully it buys me enough time to figure out how to bypass the thermostat on the electric space heaters so the next time won't be so extreme.

I still have what looks like fruit flies... if I can get it to the 65 day mark (< 2 weeks), I will shut it all down for a serious douche and change of operation. I will be burning all the clones in veg and basically starting over. Hopefully I can salvage the seedling LSD and Acapulco Gold... they're small enough that I can spray or immerse them completely.

For weeds, this shit can sure get complicated.

peace
    stk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X