X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by lexalotacus View Post
    I was also tempted to try Might Wash but that product has a shroud of mystery around it... What is it?
    It won't kill broad mites. It's made for spider mites, and is just water. Talk about snake oil....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mighty wash is a bit slick and slimy actually and it leaves residue. After using it you gotta wash down the plant good with water cause the mighty wash will burn the plants under lighting. I will take a pic today of the deformed new growth damage of the mites, and in a week take another to show what mighty wash does.

Leave a comment:

• lexalotacus
    replied
    I'm going to search for that, thanks brother

Leave a comment:

• Some old dude
    replied
    Electrtified water

Originally posted by lexalotacus View Post
    I was also tempted to try Might Wash but that product has a shroud of mystery around it... What is it?
    Mighty wash is just whats called "Electrified water" and there is a tutorial online somewhere It shows how to make it at home.

Leave a comment:

• Some old dude
    replied
    Welcome to the war...lol. I was going to try and replicate Nuke em as it's just a compound made from bread and you can actually buy the compound . But it's been a while now and I forget the name of the compound but it's used as a preservative I think it was .You can actually buy it cheap in it's raw form . I was looking into what it takes to process it into Nuke-em but lost interest. All the best.

Leave a comment:

• lexalotacus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lexalotacus
    replied
    Hey everyone, I started an account here specifically to post in this thread.

I've been battling either broad or cyclamen mites for at least 5 months now (leaves coming out lighter green and curling down and tucking in on itself, slow growth, yellowing leaves, etc). I have some experience here in Denver I thought I'd share..

I've read just about everything there is to read online about broad mites and they are absolutely horrible creatures if you're trying to maintain a vulnerable monoculture like an indoor cannabis grow. However, there are some things you can try.

I've been having great success (at least keeping them under control) with NukeEm, which is all organic and can be sprayed up until and even after harvest. It's worked great for broad mites and spider mites and I've also used it for PM (powdery mildew).. Spider mites are by far the easiest thing to control in a monoculture though so I've found them to be of little consequence.. Broad mites hate NukeEm, just spray real good and turn the lights off for 3 hours or so and repeat every other day if needed. That's all I did, but I have to warn you guys younger plants and certain strains HATE NukeEm.. Leaves curl up and the plant gets a little stunted.. At least from what I've observed. It can be harsh, but broad mites still take the cake..

Ok also I've been wanting to see what some of you guys think about this... I read a study about broad mite control from the University of Texas and what they found was that the top 3 control agents for broad mite control (both adults and eggs alike) were: Avid, Liquid Sulfur, and believe it or not... Canola oil!

My plan now, since NukeEm is my last resort as it's pretty harsh, is to try some lime sulfur spray or some hot canola oil water spray.. I'm also going to raise the temperature in my grow areas as high as my ladies can tolerate since the broad mites prefer something like 60-75 degrees F.

Please dont hate me guys, I know there's a huge investment in time and energy when you have large crops.. But you shouldn't be spraying poison on food/medicine. If you cant grow food naturally you shouldn't be growing food. There's no argument. Spraying Avid/Forbid is accepting defeat and being lazy and ignorant if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Some old dude
    replied
    yup

Originally posted by Gifted0ne View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys its really helpful.. Yea it was soo hot in there for so long that the leaves started curling up a bit must have been 115+ around the canopy where i saw some walking around. I saw lots of spots develop on the top of leaves which did look like russets and were coming out cause of the heat. Some wouldn't move but some were just running around.

Ive had white flys before outside but these are sooo tiny and i havent seen anything fly when blown on hard, but who knows.. Im pretty surprised the heat and + I been sprayin OGBIO pretty thickly on this plant and its still crawling with these things.

Yea i was at rite aid looking at the aspirin for like 15 mins every single bottle said coated in some form, and missed the "micro" coating on the one i got. But i will go to CVS today.

I dosed the shit out of it with mighty wash and will try the heat again in the future maybe 130 with all the room vents covered.. For some reason its tough in my small room with 2 heaters.
    I use separate 1200 watt halogens for extra heat setting on the floor (2 sets of 2) besides the two or three 1000 watts hps and have this heat thing down to a science. Now it only takes around half a hour to bring it up to 120 for an hour.(And I don't even have to do this much anymore as it's more for my own paranoia relief he- he) In my case I close all venting and turn off all fans and air con and raise the big lights up a few feet. And place thermo's 1 at canopy and 1 just below about eight inches or so in a different place under canopy (in flower room). I have the luxury of surveillance cameras that go to my bedroom tv. One of them are pointed at the thermo readout in the flower room and another in the mother room to look at plant condition and thermo and RH. And I have a thermo wired to a relay that automatically turns lights off for safety reasons if temp goes above 85 degrees .So this is also bypassed. All the very best with your battle.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for all the help guys its really helpful.. Yea it was soo hot in there for so long that the leaves started curling up a bit must have been 115+ around the canopy where i saw some walking around. I saw lots of spots develop on the top of leaves which did look like russets and were coming out cause of the heat. Some wouldn't move but some were just running around.

Ive had white flys before outside but these are sooo tiny and i havent seen anything fly when blown on hard, but who knows.. Im pretty surprised the heat and + I been sprayin OGBIO pretty thickly on this plant and its still crawling with these things.

Yea i was at rite aid looking at the aspirin for like 15 mins every single bottle said coated in some form, and missed the "micro" coating on the one i got. But i will go to CVS today.

I dosed the shit out of it with mighty wash and will try the heat again in the future maybe 130 with all the room vents covered.. For some reason its tough in my small room with 2 heaters.

Leave a comment:

• Some old dude
    replied
    Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    115 is not enough & you are not seeing broad mites. Probably Russett mites.
    Or white fly (shake plant to see if white spots fly) .But you should not see anything live moving around if you are using heat like retrow said 120 degrees at top of canopy and If you are spraying OGB TWICE a week for three weeks then once per week for another number of weeks and mixing properly.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Gifted0ne View Post
    Ok one last question, so ive been treating this one plant with heat and the ogbiowar and the mites have still taken over.. Now I can see them without a scope and they are like a super tiny spec of white dust but clearly are walking around even the top of the leaves. I've seen 4 separate ones walking around the last time i looked and im getting the same damage as the russet/broad/cyclamen get on new growth etc.

There are no spider mites or spotting anywhere. What am i dealing with here? The only thing that I am certain has worked for this plant so far was mighty wash, the other plants that were not sprayed with mighty wash just heat and safer soap dips did not make it. But the one shot with mighty wash came back to really good health for about 2-3 weeks, and the heat+OGBIOWAR has failed it.

Like to note that just now after 1.5hrs of 115 degrees i went in a saw multiple mites running around the top of the fan leaves. like i said they are just specs of white and the heat is not killing them.
    115 is not enough & you are not seeing broad mites. Probably Russett mites.

Leave a comment:

• Some old dude
    replied
    Yup

Originally posted by RetroGrow View Post
    That's the problem. Do not use coated. It's been mentioned numerous times in this thread. Plain Bayer aspirin, or generic aspirin. Most aspirin sold in stores today is coated/time release. You have to look for regular.
    I had one hell of a time finding "Un-coated" aspirin. Here in So Cali I went and looked everywhere. Finally found the only place was
    "CVS Pharmacy's" Most of the other places sell what looks like un-coated cheap aspirin you really have to look for the fine print that says "micro-coated" But CVS sell large bottles cheap that state in bold letters on the front "UN-COATED " and they really make a huge difference in restoring "Dud's" as I had tried using the "micro coated" and noticed a huge difference immediately after I realized I was using the Micro-coated ones. It was like day and night. The truly "UN-COATED" aspirin treated plants responded way better. I would add even though both coated and un-coated did dissolve totally in warm water (is the way I do it in a bowl of almost hot water then dump in rez) Still do not use the micro coated or any coated aspirin.It makes a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver Pantsoff
    replied
    ^^Yea, If you can see em crawling around use a contact killer like neem oil...Spray it everywhere...The base of the plant, and everything. If theres anything walking that you can see it will be dead soon..Oh yea, make sure you use the aspiring as directed by retro. It will make a world of a difference...

OP

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ok one last question, so ive been treating this one plant with heat and the ogbiowar and the mites have still taken over.. Now I can see them without a scope and they are like a super tiny spec of white dust but clearly are walking around even the top of the leaves. I've seen 4 separate ones walking around the last time i looked and im getting the same damage as the russet/broad/cyclamen get on new growth etc.

There are no spider mites or spotting anywhere. What am i dealing with here? The only thing that I am certain has worked for this plant so far was mighty wash, the other plants that were not sprayed with mighty wash just heat and safer soap dips did not make it. But the one shot with mighty wash came back to really good health for about 2-3 weeks, and the heat+OGBIOWAR has failed it.

Like to note that just now after 1.5hrs of 115 degrees i went in a saw multiple mites running around the top of the fan leaves. like i said they are just specs of white and the heat is not killing them.

Leave a comment:

• RetroGrow
    replied
    That's the problem. Do not use coated. It's been mentioned numerous times in this thread. Plain Bayer aspirin, or generic aspirin. Most aspirin sold in stores today is coated/time release. You have to look for regular.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X