What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help!!! Flowering plants, what's happening?

carson

Just don't water them so often and you'll be good. They don't look bad at all from the pictures i'm seeing.

I just found some weird stuff that I think are nanners..

Any body got a clue on what to do? The plant looks like it's still flowering, any chance it could be an hermaphrodite?

Attachments

• photo2078299.jpg
    photo2078299.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2078301.jpg
    photo2078301.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 32
  • photo2078300.jpg
    photo2078300.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 31

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I just found some weird stuff that I think are nanners..
They're under stress - like I said, they're in all kinds of pain.

And the solution is to give them more root space. More medium means more nutrients.

Also, when you go organic, just aim for 7.0 pH in the medium, and anywhere between 8.0 and 6.0 for liquid nutrients. Don't use a pH down.

You alsways have to transplant into soil that is less hot than they soil they're in now. Transplanting in coco coir is the easiest for that reason. At transplanting, give them 200 PPM of a high P/K late bloom solution and 50 PPM of Epsom Salt (MgSO4). The P will stimulate root growth, the K will maintain a strong stem and the Mg will produce healthy foliage.

They're under stress - like I said, they're in all kinds of pain.

And the solution is to give them more root space. More medium means more nutrients.

Also, when you go organic, just aim for 7.0 pH in the medium, and anywhere between 8.0 and 6.0 for liquid nutrients. Don't use a pH down.

You alsways have to transplant into soil that is less hot than they soil they're in now. Transplanting in coco coir is the easiest for that reason. At transplanting, give them 200 PPM of a high P/K late bloom solution and 50 PPM of Epsom Salt (MgSO4). The P will stimulate root growth, the K will maintain a strong stem and the Mg will produce healthy foliage.

why do you think I need more root space?
If the plants needed a bigger pot i would have to water more often, but the plants can go 3-4 days without water after i water them..

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm so sorry for the confusion about pH recognition in my posts. The point I was making was everyone in horticulture can benefit greatly from using a pH meter. You sound confused in your posts about your plants and I'm sorry for that. The confusing stems from you not monitoring your pH properly. All organic and synthetic growing models can benefit grealy from using pH and EC or TDS meters. My apologies. 😎

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
why do you think I need more root space?
If the plants needed a bigger pot i would have to water more often, but the plants can go 3-4 days without water after i water them..

Plants need at least 1 gallon per expected foot of growth - the more the better.

https://www.icmag.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=17952193

You water the pot thoroughly and slowly, and only water again when the top of the soil is dry in the morning.

The bigger the pot, the less you have to water or feed.

blakeadam

I was battling thrips for months and my plants started looking like shit after all the spraying.

Neem oil+soap and a Spinosad spray messed the leaves on my plants the most and the leaves on my plants looked even worse than your’s.

You have to keep spraying persistently for atleast two-three weeks till you get rid of them = as long as you’re sure you killed them all.

IT’s better to keep spraying your plants two weeks too long than stop spraying too soon.

IT took a good while cause at first i stopped spraying too soon and some of them managed to stay alive.

Spraying your plants is ofcourse problematic when your plants are budding and it would be better to get rid of thrips while your plants are still in veg.

In time Thrips develop a tolerance to Pyrethrums and Spinosad etc. so you have to spray different stuff on them every week or two..

Neem oil messes up their hormone system, thru which it lowers their ability to develop a tolerance to bug sprays.

It seems i finally got rid of them. fingers crossed.

How i managed to do it was; - I threw alot of plants away but luckily i didn’t lose any keepers.

It’s sad when you have to cull flowering plants but sometimes you just have to.

I used natural pyrethrum every 3-5 days at the start for three sprays.

Then changed the pyrethrums to spinosad – then back to pyrethrums after three sprays.

..and the whole time i sprayed Neem oil every other spray = Pyrethrum – Neem- Pyrethrum- Neem- Pyrethrum -Neem -Spinosad- Neem-Spinosad-Neem and so on till i got rid of them.

Bacillus thuringiensis is apparently also a good stuff to spray on thrips but looks like i managed to get rid of them without BT.