What's new

Bud’s turning brown

EsterEssence

Veteran
My plants are not budding correctly. they are turning brown and not sticky. Starting at the bottom of the plant and working it’s way to the top. Does anybody know what this is? I am growing the same seeds as last year, in the greenhouse I used last year, they grew fine last year. I know the pic is crap but you can get the idea. The leaves are curling a bit and I looked at the leaves with a magnifying glass and don’t see any bugs…

Attachments

• 06D6A4F7-26B0-4BC7-97A0-6D543D46F9BA.jpeg
    06D6A4F7-26B0-4BC7-97A0-6D543D46F9BA.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 44

EsterEssence

Veteran
Here is a couple more pics, it’s hard to show the brown hairs but you can see the buds ar not growing…

Attachments

• 23470084-94F0-4676-9BF2-3146865EEF6A.jpeg
    23470084-94F0-4676-9BF2-3146865EEF6A.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 99B26071-0A36-40C0-B88F-332FC70F8D8E.jpeg
    99B26071-0A36-40C0-B88F-332FC70F8D8E.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 42
An infestation of mites can cause a lot of issues that mimic deficiencies... Especially indoors. The one pic where the bigger leaf is yellow and the curling of the leaves closest to the Petiole looks suspect.. Its hard to diagnose from a picture but you will notice new growth will be stunted or curled, close internode spacing and early maturing of pistils, yellowing leaf tips are signs. I would look on the underside of the leaves and stems carefully. Do they have an specks on them?(dead cells) or browning along the stems? hemp russet mites will cause browning I have read of it turning leaves and stems brown but they cant be seen by eye, maybe thats what's turning your buds that color. I dont think you can see them with a magnifying glass either , get a 60x scope and check in the nooks of the stems and along new growth for any mites/ white flakes of shedded skeletons, or eggs that almost look like a trich bulb.. these bugs will rob your plants of resin and kill off new growth very quickly.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It looks like root tip dieback, but I can't be for sure. What kind of soil, containers and cooling system are you using in the greenhouse? Make sure its not bugs, and give as many details as possible about the growing conditions. . .😎

EsterEssence

Veteran
I went out early this morning and noticed one of the plants I got from a friend is really covered with the brown buds. I can’t see anything with my 10x magnifying glass on the leaves. The growing conditions, fertilizer, watering, and air flow are the same as it has been for years. I guess I will remove the one plant and hope for the best. Gotta love farming…

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hate to say this...but you need to get a scope. 60-100X - LOOKS like you might have some broad mites. VERY early stages - as in they got on your plants around the time you flipped them or slight there after. Their toxin is preventing flowering.

This plant was 5.5wks into flower. I was convinced I had some how screwed everything up and had my pH off early in the cycle. For the exact same reason - the flowers were not setting.

60-100x. The males will be seen carrying eggs. The eggs looks sorta like underwater land mines. Round with sorta spikes on em. They like to really congregate and in the folds of new growth.

Hope you don't have the fuckers. They suck ass.

fetch?photoid=16196585.jpg

fetch?photoid=16196585.jpg

dank.Frank

EsterEssence

Veteran
I think you are right Frank, the plant a friend gave me has mites I’m sure he didn’t know but no more plants from friends…

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm sorry to hear about your greenhouse problem. Maintaining greenhouse's yearly can be very difficult, costly, and most of all frustrating. Every problem we run into is a golden opportunity to get dialed in. I recommend using some beneficial insects and natural mite control products in the future. Here are some different types of magnifiers that help a lot in these situations.😎

Attachments

• photo2067047.jpg
    photo2067047.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 30

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have used beneficial insects, lady bugs, and green lacewings in the past, I guess it’s time for some mites…