Blue Dream feminized seed.

​​​​​​Miracle Grow seed starting soil.
(water only)

Spyder Farm sf1000/ 30" above plant
(too much?)

6" oscillating fan
3x3 tent

Hello.
This is my first grow in soil. I had a lot of success for years with DWC. took a few year off due to life. Wanted to give it a go again and decided soil would be easiest way to do it
The seed popped about 2weeks ago and has looked pretty much the same since it sprouted. Except today I noticed cotyledons look stressed? Should I just use florescents until I get at least a true set of leaves?

Thanks
​​​​​

Attachments

• PXL_20210822_234913285.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210822_234913285.MP.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 28

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Looks like a dud seed to me. I'd start a new one, and yeah, you're wasting electricity with that light at the start.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
technically speaking I don't think the light is the problem but I agree that it's way too much especially if all you're growing is just the one plant. I always used fluorescent lights for seedlings and clones and never had any issues. I also agree with the notion that you just got a dud seed. I mean after 2 weeks from sprouting you should have way more growth then that.

StickyBandit

What temperature is the room?
Might be too cold?
Also that light has a dimmer doesn't it?

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That's too much light to start seeds and its wasting energy . Go to the hardware store and buy a cheap florescent T8 shop light. These seedlings were sprouted under this light and are a two weeks old. Also try to put a single seed in the center of the cup for better root pentation. Only one seed per cup.😎

Attachments

• photo2065922.jpg
    photo2065922.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2065923.jpg
    photo2065923.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 27

jman2003

Sounds like I got a dud. Dang it! Jack Here bean in the paper towel now. Off to the hardware store I go for a florescent.

Thanks for the input.