What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newbie Outdoor Grow New Leaves Yellowing and Twisting

MiPorchGrow

I was gifted this plant about 6 weeks ago and it took off. The past couple of days I’ve seen yellowing on new leaves. I can’t tell if it is a deficiency or over feeding.

The plant is about 36inches. It is in soil. Waiting on ph meter. I was just hoping someone can let me know. I’ve gone between sulphur, boron, mg deficiency or over feeding. I am lost, please help.

Attachments

• photo2060520.jpg
    photo2060520.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 21
  • photo2060521.jpg
    photo2060521.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 22
  • photo2060522.jpg
    photo2060522.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2060523.jpg
    photo2060523.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2060524.jpg
    photo2060524.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 25

Ikosklan

I was gifted this plant about 6 weeks ago and it took off. The past couple of days I’ve seen yellowing on new leaves. I can’t tell if it is a deficiency or over feeding.

The plant is about 36inches. It is in soil. Waiting on ph meter. I was just hoping someone can let me know. I’ve gone between sulphur, boron, mg deficiency or over feeding. I am lost, please help.

Russet mites

MiPorchGrow

I tried to look for them in my microscope and didn’t see anything. I was looking near the new growth. Anywhere else I can look? Is there anything else it could be?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hemp russet mite (Aculops cannibicola) or some other russet mite. Thank goodness, its not the twospotted spider mite, Tetranychus urticae. The russet mites can blow in on the wind or jump off you and on the plants.

You can easily knock them off with a jet spray of water outdoors. Gently cover your soil with plastic, tip the container on its side and spray the plant leaves down without losing any soil gently. You can also use rubbing Alcohol pads or q-tips with alcohol and wipe the infected areas. Neem oil will repel and kill mites. It should be applied at first signs of damage. Good luck. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If possible use only "Pure" "cold press" neem on your infected plants. Once you see mites in the garden, its important to use neem early as preventive and to continue on a few of grow cycles in the future. I used to use warm water and a drop of dish soap mixed with the neem in a hand sprayer. Spray on top and bottom of the leaves and do it every 3 days for 12 days to kill all the hatching eggs. Good luck. 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts