What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this PM or?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

All of us old fuckers should know using an IPM is a must in any garden. All healthy gardens spray organic miticides/fungicides regardless of their environment. I don't know any here in Cali that doesn't use IPM. If there are spores and the surface is agreeable to germinate it will. PM spores will not germ when the surface PH is outside its tolerable range. High/low N doesn't seem to be a contributing factor IME. Lots of growers don't get their N levels right. When done right plants will show it. I never have pests/mold issues in my garden, my IPM program takes care of that for me.

Last edited:

Great outdoors

All of us old fuckers should know using an IPM is a must in any garden. All healthy gardens spray organic miticides/fungicides regardless of the environment. I don't know any here in Cali that doesn't use IPM..

Well for one I have only done outdoor for the last 20yrs or so. I use no sprays at all there. Strictly organic no till.
Back in the old indoor days in the 80's I never even knew PM existed, never saw it. First time I saw it was mid- late 90's and then suddenly it seemed like it was an epidemic. Saw it on all kinds of other plants outside, where I had never seen it before.
As far as cannabis over the years I observed it was always on the high nitro glossy plants. Cut down on nitrogen and see it disappear. As far as botrytis I have seen way to often in big geurilla grows, plants with high nitrogen getting bud rot, and the low nitrogen plant touching it beside healthy as can be.
My half baked theory for PM is the old feeds we used to use prior to the mid 90's weren't so nitrogen loaded.
Isn't the mid 90's when GH took over the fert scene?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well for one I have only done outdoor for the last 20yrs or so. I use no sprays at all there. Strictly organic no till.
Back in the old indoor days in the 80's I never even knew PM existed, never saw it. First time I saw it was mid- late 90's and then suddenly it seemed like it was an epidemic. Saw it on all kinds of other plants outside, where I had never seen it before.
As far as cannabis over the years I observed it was always on the high nitro glossy plants. Cut down on nitrogen and see it disappear. As far as botrytis I have seen way to often in big geurilla grows, plants with high nitrogen getting bud rot, and the low nitrogen plant touching it beside healthy as can be.
My half baked theory for PM is the old feeds we used to use prior to the mid 90's weren't so nitrogen loaded.
Isn't the mid 90's when GH took over the fert scene?

Outdoor is completely diferant for fungi.. In most cases, pests are a far worse issue. I'm sure there are many that do it their way no matter what. There was no such thing as indoor in 1970.

Great outdoors

Outdoor is completely diferant for fungi.. In most cases, pests are a far worse issue. I'm sure there are many that do it their way no matter what. There was no such thing as indoor in 1970.

Well I do no treatment for pests besides maintaining a high brix level and pests are never an issue. Like I said no sprays touch my plants. If you don't mind smoking that shit have at her.
Yup I know there was no such thing as indoor in the 70's. Relevance?

Great outdoors

Getting a little off topic but here's another nitrogen story relating to pests.
I have a small orchard. One plum tree was infested for years with aphids. Then one day an old timer told me aphids mean too much nitrogen. Low and behold that tree had always struggled in the poor soil it was in. So I would regularly pee by that tree to feed it. Peeing stopped and never saw an aphid again in ten years.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I do no treatment for pests besides maintaining a high brix level and pests are never an issue. Like I said no sprays touch my plants. If you don't mind smoking that shit have at her.
Yup I know there was no such thing as indoor in the 70's. Relevance?

It's not like thousands are not smoking soybean oil lmao. Id guess 99% of the cannabis grown has some kind of organic prevention on it.. Keep in mind Cannabis is extremely regulated more than the food you eat, I always find it funny when someone has issues with the organic treatments we use today when the food you eat is so much worse, and the weed we smoked back in the day had some of the worst pesticides you could use. I smoked a hell of a lot more than than I do now. I'm still here after smoking a ton of that shit. The stuff we use now has to be approved for cannabis use. They will get shut you down and all products recalled, I've seen it happen. Do you not have a lot of plants? It's pretty easy to take care of a small garden without prevention but that is a hell of a lot of work when it's not needed. IMO it's not worth the risk when we have plenty of organic remedies that are safe to use. I've seen many fail their outdoor grows from pests/molds. It happens all the time in large gardens.

Relevance=The only weed we had to smoke was all outdoor covered in pesticides.
I prefer my indoor now..We are def getting off topic. IMO a solid IPM to prevent/eliminate PM is a must.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts