Is this PM or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Creeperpark View Post
    I have never seen any good results using fungicides on any kind of fungus, indoors, or outdoors. Once the fungus is alive and disperses spores in the environment, they will always be there until the right conditions and bloom again. I've seen a lot of money wasted using fungicides and get hardly any results. When the conditions are just right for a fungus bloom it can be only 3 to 12 days a year. People buy fungicide and spray their plants and then the weather conditions change and get better, and they think the fungicide fixed it. Unfortunately, people buy a lot of fungicides, and spray it on everything, every year, and think the fungicides or NO good. They don't work! I don't put FUNGICIDES on anything I eat, of vape, and don't recommend it to anyone. 😎
    This is true mold spores are everywhere. It's not possible to keep them out of any open room. This is why you must have an IPM in place..Fungicides do work but they are not a 1 and done type of deal. They have a short protection range. We use these on a schedule to prevent PM from germinating, the same product also keeps pests off your plants. Any good IPM schedule you will treat your plants every 7-10 days. If your using these in others ways that is why it doesn't work for you. As long as the product is certified Organic it will not be an issue eating/smoking it. Most are made from plant oils like corn or soybean there are many.

#hammerhead_genetics on IG
    Hammers Perpetual showroom

Comment

When an environment is already infected with a fungus, nothing really works at that point. The growing conditions need to be modified to prevent a fungus from growing in the first place. An environment that is fungus prone, is not an ideal environment for growing cannabis. Spraying anything on plants every 7 or 10 days is not natural or conducive of a healthy grow. Using bug sprays, or fungicides on any plants, is a signal that something is wrong, or missing, and is out of balance, in the growing conditions. I've been growing for over 50 years indoors and outdoors without the need to spray any fungicides on any of my plants. I seen and heard about a lot of people using fungicides when it wasn't needed. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Creeperpark View Post
        When an environment is already infected with a fungus, nothing really works at that point. The growing conditions need to be modified to prevent a fungus from growing in the first place. An environment that is fungus prone, is not an ideal environment for growing cannabis. Spraying anything on plants every 7 or 10 days is not natural or conducive of a healthy grow. Using bug sprays, or fungicides on any plants, is a signal that something is wrong, or missing, and is out of balance, in the growing conditions. I've been growing for over 50 years indoors and outdoors without the need to spray any fungicides on any of my plants. I seen and heard about a lot of people using fungicides when it wasn't needed. 😎
        That's untrue.. All open room gardens have mold spores. There are literally billions of them floating in the air. There is 1,000 and 10,000 fungal spores in every cubic meter of air we breath. We inhale up to 10 billion mold spores daily. Only sealed rooms are free from them. They use hepa intakes to prevent them from getting in, they still have IPM programs in place. Without a IMP program in place, you will always have PM growing if you do not take preventative actions. It's not possible to grow in a greenhouse or other open environments without using something to stop those spores from germinating. Its why we use IPM or we will have issues guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerhead View Post

That's untrue.. All open room gardens have mold spores. There are literally billions of them floating in the air. There is 1,000 and 10,000 fungal spores in every cubic meter of air we breath. We inhale up to 10 billion mold spores daily. Only sealed rooms are free from them. They use hepa intakes to prevent them from getting in, they still have IPM programs in place. Without a IMP program in place, you will always have PM growing if you do not take preventative actions. It's not possible to grow in a greenhouse or other open environments without using something to stop those spores from germinating. Its why we use IPM or we will have issues guaranteed.
          Yes the mold spores are everywhere. That is why you want your environment not to encourage their growth. Also a healthy thriving plant has it's own defense's to keep things from taking hold. Otherwise it never would have survived natural selection.
          In my experience PM is only an issue when there is an excess of nitrogen. In general I feel nitrogen is over used in cannabis growing. Excess nitrogen also is a key player in Botrytis.

Comment

Your environment alone will not keep PM out of your garden. I can only pass on the knowledge. I'll leave it up to whoever wishes to use it. I've been at this for a very long time.

Peace
            HHG

Comment

I can only pass on the knowledge. I'll leave it up to whoever wishes to use it. I've been at this for a very long time.

Peace
              HHG
              Likewise

Comment

Originally posted by Great outdoors View Post

Likewise
                All of us old fuckers should know using an IPM is a must in any garden. All healthy gardens spray organic miticides/fungicides regardless of their environment. I don't know any here in Cali that doesn't use IPM. If there are spores and the surface is agreeable to germinate it will. PM spores will not germ when the surface PH is outside its tolerable range. High/low N doesn't seem to be a contributing factor IME. Lots of growers don't get their N levels right. When done right plants will show it. I never have pests/mold issues in my garden, my IPM program takes care of that for me.
                Last edited by Hammerhead; 07-23-2021, 23:22.

Comment

All of us old fuckers should know using an IPM is a must in any garden. All healthy gardens spray organic miticides/fungicides regardless of the environment. I don't know any here in Cali that doesn't use IPM..
                  Well for one I have only done outdoor for the last 20yrs or so. I use no sprays at all there. Strictly organic no till.
                  Back in the old indoor days in the 80's I never even knew PM existed, never saw it. First time I saw it was mid- late 90's and then suddenly it seemed like it was an epidemic. Saw it on all kinds of other plants outside, where I had never seen it before.
                  As far as cannabis over the years I observed it was always on the high nitro glossy plants. Cut down on nitrogen and see it disappear. As far as botrytis I have seen way to often in big geurilla grows, plants with high nitrogen getting bud rot, and the low nitrogen plant touching it beside healthy as can be.
                  My half baked theory for PM is the old feeds we used to use prior to the mid 90's weren't so nitrogen loaded.
                  Isn't the mid 90's when GH took over the fert scene?

Comment

Well for one I have only done outdoor for the last 20yrs or so. I use no sprays at all there. Strictly organic no till.
                    Back in the old indoor days in the 80's I never even knew PM existed, never saw it. First time I saw it was mid- late 90's and then suddenly it seemed like it was an epidemic. Saw it on all kinds of other plants outside, where I had never seen it before.
                    As far as cannabis over the years I observed it was always on the high nitro glossy plants. Cut down on nitrogen and see it disappear. As far as botrytis I have seen way to often in big geurilla grows, plants with high nitrogen getting bud rot, and the low nitrogen plant touching it beside healthy as can be.
                    My half baked theory for PM is the old feeds we used to use prior to the mid 90's weren't so nitrogen loaded.
                    Isn't the mid 90's when GH took over the fert scene?
                    Outdoor is completely diferant for fungi.. In most cases, pests are a far worse issue. I'm sure there are many that do it their way no matter what. There was no such thing as indoor in 1970.

Comment

Outdoor is completely diferant for fungi.. In most cases, pests are a far worse issue. I'm sure there are many that do it their way no matter what. There was no such thing as indoor in 1970.
                      Well I do no treatment for pests besides maintaining a high brix level and pests are never an issue. Like I said no sprays touch my plants. If you don't mind smoking that shit have at her.
                      Yup I know there was no such thing as indoor in the 70's. Relevance?

Comment

Getting a little off topic but here's another nitrogen story relating to pests.
                        I have a small orchard. One plum tree was infested for years with aphids. Then one day an old timer told me aphids mean too much nitrogen. Low and behold that tree had always struggled in the poor soil it was in. So I would regularly pee by that tree to feed it. Peeing stopped and never saw an aphid again in ten years.

Comment

Well I do no treatment for pests besides maintaining a high brix level and pests are never an issue. Like I said no sprays touch my plants. If you don't mind smoking that shit have at her.
                          Yup I know there was no such thing as indoor in the 70's. Relevance?
                          It's not like thousands are not smoking soybean oil lmao. Id guess 99% of the cannabis grown has some kind of organic prevention on it.. Keep in mind Cannabis is extremely regulated more than the food you eat, I always find it funny when someone has issues with the organic treatments we use today when the food you eat is so much worse, and the weed we smoked back in the day had some of the worst pesticides you could use. I smoked a hell of a lot more than than I do now. I'm still here after smoking a ton of that shit. The stuff we use now has to be approved for cannabis use. They will get shut you down and all products recalled, I've seen it happen. Do you not have a lot of plants? It's pretty easy to take care of a small garden without prevention but that is a hell of a lot of work when it's not needed. IMO it's not worth the risk when we have plenty of organic remedies that are safe to use. I've seen many fail their outdoor grows from pests/molds. It happens all the time in large gardens.

Relevance=The only weed we had to smoke was all outdoor covered in pesticides.
                          I prefer my indoor now..We are def getting off topic. IMO a solid IPM to prevent/eliminate PM is a must.
                          Last edited by Hammerhead; 07-24-2021, 18:30.

Comment

Working...
                          X