What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biological control of fusarium outdoors

Great outdoors

Compost tea and some EM liquid kelp this morning. Looking like she might hold today.

PXL_20210715_153428013.jpg

Great outdoors

She did the slightest drop for about a hour yesterday morning, then came back and looks good since.
Some more wood ash and compost tea this morning.

Great outdoors

All good yesterday and all good today but it has been cooler and cloudier finally.
No inputs today, dry out day.
Making my next batch of compost tea for tomorrow and had a brainstorm. The active bacteria in Mycostop comes from peat. So I added a half cup of peat to each 5 gallon bucket of tea.

Dr Bombay

Your plants look beautiful! Glad you are winning the fight. That's a great idea re adding peat. Thank you for sharing your experience. 🌄

Great outdoors

Well the compost tea has continued. Finally got my hands on some Trichoderma the other day and have inoculated with that.
Did a bunch of lower branch pruning and only saw slight discoloration on the most obvious branches that were previously infected. But many were perfect white so it seems I have at least kept it from spreading.

Golden Cobra stalk

PXL_20210721_233320237.jpg

Great outdoors

Well I am optimistic but still weary. The top is holding and general health looks really good. Will back off the compost teas for a while and stick with the kelp and other typical amendments for the next while unless I see some signs again. But it seems the compost tea has reached a ceiling at the moment. I think I lost a lot of biology during the heat wave, plus fusarium loves the heat, giving it a chance to take hold. Now I feel the soil is maxed out with biology again.
Golden Cobra is a little over 10ft tall now and lower branch top looking good.

PXL_20210722_152812085.jpg
PXL_20210722_152959640.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Those a awesome looking plants, and that has to be the best looking Golden Cobra, I have ever seen. I'm really looking forward to seeing her flowers this Fall. How much more time do you have before the start of flowers Great Outdoors, I'll keep my fingers crossed?😎

Great outdoors

Those a awesome looking plants, and that has to be the best looking Golden Cobra, I have ever seen. I'm really looking forward to seeing her flowers this Fall. How much more time do you have before the start of flowers Great Outdoors, I'll keep my fingers crossed?😎

Thanks 👍
I had never even heard of Golden Cobra, much less seen one before I purchased these seeds last year. They are from a seedbank here in BC and they told me that it should be ready end of September ish. It's solidly in preflower now and that's with the full moon stalling it. By the end of the waning moon in a couple weeks it will be well on it's way.
I've been trying all new to me strains the last few years. I have been growing close to 40yrs but am new to the whole internet growing thing. Previous to legalization here in Canada I would never even click on anything to do with weed on the internet, let alone purchase any seeds or participate in any forums. Hence why I am a late joiner here and have seemed to missed the boat as far as participation. It's pretty dead here these days even compared to last year. Most of the good content you see on the net seemed to happen 10yrs ago.
My knowledge of growing came from some books and mag's from the 80's, and lots of trial and error. Good information wasn't available back then and if you wanted to advance your growing you couldn't be scared to try some new ideas yourself.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I learn something everyday here on ICM and there's plenty more to learn if you take time to read the old threads. You are in a good place now, lucky you, and thanks for sharing your outdoor experience, and grow with us Great Outdoors. 😎

Great outdoors

Well something in my combination of therapy seems to have worked. No droop in a long time now even during subsequent heat waves. Growing big and healthy and 10 and a half feet tall now. Just starting to show first signs of flowers.
PXL_20210809_192317177.jpg
PXL_20210808_210906993.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You are kicking ass Great Outdoors, I think you may have that fusarium whipped. I look forward to seeing these ladies in Sept to Oct. Thanks😎

Latest posts

Latest posts