What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

One leave yellowing another started this morning

Soflott

How long has this problem been going on? 2 days ago
What STRAIN are you growing? Sour bannas
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
What is the age of your plants? 20 days from planting seed
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? Since i planted
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? Yes same mixture
How Tall are the plants? 4-6inches
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Seedling/early veg
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) not there yet but eventually scrip
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1 gallon
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) the organics for beginners mix #2
What brand Nutrient's are you using? Only nutes have been the first compost tea recipe in organics for beginners that is to be used on seedlings less than a month old
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* n/a
How often are you feeding? Every 3rd watering they get the tea (so twice so far)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? N/A
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) N/A
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used? N/A
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? N/A
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? If for nutes i don’t. If for soil i am waiting on my testers and my solution to calibrate ph
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? Waiting on calibration
How often are you watering? Twice a week or so
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Last feed was 3 days ago (just water)
What size bulb are you using? Kind k5 xl1000 (650w from wall)
How old is your bulbs? Not sure got it gifted
What is the distance to the canopy? 36” (reccomendation from site puts leaves at 75F when on)
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) was 60-80 but turned off now in 40s because don’t have good water for humidifier
What is the canopy temperature? Assuming this means leaf tenp 75 with lights on 66 with lights off
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) 75 with lights on 66 with lights off assuming lead temp. Ambient is higher
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 700-809 cfm for 125cf tent
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? When lights on have 700-800cfm when lights off i turn one exhaust off and only have 300-400cfm
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Occilating fan in corner
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? No
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Soft (bottles 6.5ph)
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? RO bottled
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen) N/A
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen) N/A
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

https://imgur.com/gallery/h1jGt4x

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Since you are using bottled RO you may need to supplement the water with Cal-mag. I use about 4 ml per gallon in pure water to help feed the plants. I try to keep my the cal-mag less than 120 ppm in soil grows. Your plants look a little hungry to me, and ready for a real nutrient feeding. 😎

Soflott

Since you are using bottled RO you may need to supplement the water with Cal-mag. I use about 4 ml per gallon in pure water to help feed the plants. I try to keep my the cal-mag less than 120 ppm in soil grows. Your plants look a little hungry to me, and ready for a real nutrient feeding. 😎

can i ask why bottled water would need cal-mag compared to another type of water? I know the two dosnt have any of either

Yellowing is not too bad here. Nothing really. Nutes are an artform you seem to have mastered.

yellowing_fngrs.jpg

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
It looks like lockout through overwatering, and lockout of magnesium and phosphorus or calcium. Or a supersoil mix that has not composted long enough.

Magnesium deficiency/lockout.

https://dutch-passion.com/img/cms/Bl...deficiency.jpg
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) the organics for beginners mix #2

I think that is this mix:

An alternative to teas is to ferment sprouted seeds anaerobically with sugar and water, for at least a week.

----------------------

Second Opinion - on the lockout can easily come from something damaging the roots, like anaerobic decomposition from incompletely composted supersoil.

Maybe it was the compost tea that was anaerobic or too strong - maybe too much molasses?

This is why I try to mess with the plants as little as possible, and only add a cap of 'kombucha' to half a gallon of water. (Tapwater that has been allowed to dechlorinate and adjust it's temperature and what not for at least 24 hours, standing next to the plants that are going to be watered.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I could be wrong but what it looks like to me is when you did the last watering with the tea some droplets splashed on the leaves and then sat there until it evaporated causing that spotted look. That sort of effect can also happen with just plain water if the lights are too close and/or too strong, the droplets of water act like little magnifying glasses intensifying the light in those areas causing a mild bleaching effect. It doesn't appear to be a major issue and as long as new growth is robust and that spotting just stays limited to a few leaves I don't think it will be much to worry about. If however it continues to spread throughout all of the leaves then obviously it's a more serious issue that will need to be corrected.