What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this is sign of over water. I think it is but not sure.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Is this a sign of over watering? I think so but I'm not sure. It's a plant that I transplanted and I may have damage the roots there wasn't a whole lot of roots that were thick to begin with. If I just wait and let the soil dry out is there any chance it might survive. Its a female and id be upset if it died. 😭
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210502_210749.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	17848045
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210502_210801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	17848046
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210502_210847.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.3 KB ID:	17848047
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210502_211000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	17848048

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
It can deff use more light but I don't have extra space in my other bloom room. Soon ill be be harvesting another plant then i can put this one in there where theres much more light.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Yeah, maybe just a little bit of transplant shock. Should be fine if you don't hassle her too much or overwater in the near future. Looks decent to me- I think you'll come out alright.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could be heat near lamp and over watering, 'taco leaves' or limp...double check your temps and ventilation. Make sure you are getting fresh air in. Is there adequate drainage? Roots don't like their feet submerged in water, the same way most of us are. Good luck!

troutman

Seed Whore
Make sure that light isn't make the top of the plant hot.

Personally, I would never put a light that close.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Things i forgot to mention are.
its been on 12 12 cycle for around a week.
The temps are in the 70s. The plant was transplanted to a full 2 gallon smart fabric pot. Soil is fox farm ocean firest. The plant sits out in the open on a shelf in the garage.

I think the plan now is to let all of the soil dry out a bunch before any more water or food. Then when the soil is dry ill water with a little bit of food.

I will fuse to give up hope on this plant and tell it efficiently dies.

Thanks for the tips guy.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I'm surprised it did so well, this long, considering it is in a cardboard box. Carboard is a foodsource for fungi, and almost impossible to keep free of dust and spores. The same goes for any carpets, wallpaper and unvarnished wood.

When it comes to watering, I would say water slowly and long until saturation, and then do not water until there is no more moisture in the top of the soil - then repeat.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Allow the soil to dry between watering's so the roots can get more oxygen. .If you mimic mother nature and allow your plant to have "wet to dry cycles", the plant will thrive more. 😎

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts