What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My plants have been listen too much to Yellow Submarine by Beatles :(

bondemand

Have been flowering these strawberry cream x critical mass for 29 days now under 7x50w COB LEDS with around 1m distance from plants and max output

40% air humidity and 28 degress when light on
50% humidity and 22 degress when light off

Have been using biobizz and growing in 10L of 80% light organic soil + 20% perlite

Photo taken when light is off

Thanks in advance and much love

IMG_20210420_203642.jpg

window

Veteran
Are you adding the one ml of grow to your bloom feed as per boibizz instructions?

Try the Revolver album😁

Growenhaft

but that's enough.
however, biobizz soil expects constant food. and it needs the right volume. and the right pouring method.
then biobizz works quite well. tell me something about that then I can probably help you.

the distance between the lamps is high. 1m. it would be better to increase the exhaust air to get the temperature down. then you can get closer with the lamp.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yup, 28C is a bit high in my opionion. Especially at 40% rh.
other than that, the plants are probably a bit hungry.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Investigate Nitrogen deficiency signs. Very common and looks right from what I can see.

Temperature is good. Bit dry, but not the issue.

As said, soil drying too much is possible. More likely you moved to bloom food too soon, exhausting the N supply of your compost. I would be thinking about feeding with the grow and some PK to make it like the bloom but with more N. Of you could go half/half grow and bloom. I know that would mean less P and K if you go 50/50 but N is a big issue for plant weight to. P&K you probably have in a bottle anyway?

Start with pics of N deficiency to satisfy yourself it's what you have before you

Growenhaft

the temperature is good if it has a reasonable distance from the plants with its light source. 1m is way too much. if the temperature continues to rise when he gets closer with the light, then it would be better to bring the temperature down with the exhaust air. but not by increasing the distance. that's what I wanted to say. not that the temperature is currently too high.

that there are signs of deficiency is obvious. without knowing the reason for it but difficult to help. too small pots and incorrect fertilizer watering behavior are always at the top. as long as you do not know this, any help will be a trip into the blue.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Investigate Nitrogen deficiency signs. Very common and looks right from what I can see.

As said, soil drying too much is possible. More likely you moved to bloom food too soon, exhausting the N supply of your compost. I would be thinking about feeding with the grow and some PK to make it like the bloom but with more N. Of you could go half/half grow and bloom. I know that would mean less P and K if you go 50/50 but N is a big issue for plant weight to. P&K you probably have in a bottle anyway?

Start with pics of N deficiency to satisfy yourself it's what you have before you

Personally I don't like his numbers. He gives us (as others have stated, little to go on) but, bringing his VPD in line for early bloom will help. My set up is dialed in with 60% RH for both lights on lights off. 78H, 68L. Late bloom I likes 78/68 @ 55%. When growing indoors, WE, control the/our environment.

window

Veteran
Biobizz recommend’s adding 1ml of biogrow to your biobloom throughout flower to keep N levels up as just switching and using bloom alone can cause N levels to drop according to their feeding charts.
it’s not essential but can keep plants greener through flower.

GoatCheese

Veteran
i'd say the issue comes from the soil getting too dry. If it was too light feeding the plants would look lighter green. 28C isn't too hot just water then more often. Distance of 1m between the cobs and tops is abit too much, you can lower the lights abit to around 75cm

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Personally I don't like his numbers. He gives us (as others have stated, little to go on) but, bringing his VPD in line for early bloom will help. My set up is dialed in with 60% RH for both lights on lights off. 78H, 68L. Late bloom I likes 78/68 @ 55%. When growing indoors, WE, control the/our environment.

Nice to see others running their grow while also looking at vpd, not just rh and temp alone.
Is there a thread I could check to see your grow(s)? I do a lot of experimenting with vpd control for grows and I would love to see what others get as well from looking at vpd.
cheers!

bondemand

Thanks alot guys - I think the issue is too dry soil in general! i only water every 2-3 days, and maybe to little water!!.. waiting for for runoff but im using those "cloths" pots made of filt for the first time, also my first grow in 10 years.. was a heavy user of this forum back in the days :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks alot guys - I think the issue is too dry soil in general! i only water every 2-3 days, and maybe to little water!!.. waiting for for runoff but im using those "cloths" pots made of filt for the first time, also my first grow in 10 years.. was a heavy user of this forum back in the days :)

Well, surprise, surprise. I use cloth pots as well. I am on a 3 day schedule of w d d f d d w (where W is water, D is dry(e.g allow to dry) and F is feed). I run 3gal pots (almost 5gal) and feed/water at 1.5l when I do. Adjust your environment and your feed, not to mention your VPD.

Click image for larger version  Name:	19bfa7b56b77cd553e72d23cdd2b351e72506a4a_2_647x500.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	17839154

Attachments

• 19bfa7b56b77cd553e72d23cdd2b351e72506a4a_2_647x500.jpeg
    19bfa7b56b77cd553e72d23cdd2b351e72506a4a_2_647x500.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 24

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Switcher, the light just came on regarding the temps and the color bands on the VPD chart - stage in the lifecycle. Actually in my case, it is humidity, as my temps are pretty constant during lights ON. I work the humidity mostly.

Water is the key. I tried to kill my 1st run twice, nd once I got with the SIP bed nd saw how wet the soil in the 7 gallon bags was, and how much water they took, I knew I needed to do more. About 1/2 gallon a day in 7 gallon bags 30% drainage . I put them on spiders and a pan to see if any comes through, and very little does.

It makes sense to keep the root zone nice and moist, because in soil the wetness is electrolyte. Wet on the bottom, dry on top (except when you have to top water).

bondemand

Thanks alot to all of you - I will post pictures again in 1 hour when the timer goess off.. Trying to water them a bit more now - Im guessing more water everporate from the cloth pots than plastic ones :O

I think that maybe i have let them dry too much, too many times :(

bondemand

IMG_20210423_204059.jpg
IMG_20210423_204018.jpg
IMG_20210423_204024.jpg
IMG_20210423_204028.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210423_204059.jpg
    IMG_20210423_204059.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210423_204018.jpg
    IMG_20210423_204018.jpg