What's new

Leaves getting funky... ideas?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This was a pretty vigorous plant, but the leaves seem unhappy. any idea why?

DSC00371.JPG
I am watering from the bottom with a self-watering pot. It is taking water. Ideas? the other two plants with this one are doing fine.

Attachments

• DSC00371.JPG
    DSC00371.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 23

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your plant is getting too much water. Let it dry out between watering's. You can remove the mulch unless you are outdoors,.😎.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say never have stagnant water at the bottom of a pot with young plants (If that's what watering from the bottom is) and if you'Re under LEDs add some CalMag.
Best and take care
CC

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It can be done with bottom watering from the start but you need an incredibly fluffy and aerated soil / soiless mix to be able to do it.

In your situation most probably they are overwatered and they lack oxygen to the roots. I would take a skewer stick and gently do some holes from the top to about half the pot depth, avoiding the region too close to the plant stalk. And also only water them when needed, from the top while they are little.
If you want to water from the bottom just leave them go a bit more dry than usual between waterings. That should work too. But for plants that are just estabilished it's better to water from the top for a few weeks.

Growenhaft

This was a pretty vigorous plant, but the leaves seem unhappy. any idea why?

I am watering from the bottom with a self-watering pot. It is taking water. Ideas? the other two plants with this one are doing fine.

you are an experienced gardener. stick to what you see.

the plant shown has a weak turgor. the pressure in the fabric is not enough to tighten the sheet.

what are the possible reasons for this?

medium type and volume
irrigation and drainage cycle.
temperature of the nutrient solution and the room.
weak or diseased root system.
nutrient exclusion...
just to name the most common ones that come with a bad turgor

you are experienced enough, have probably already taken a nose at the pot. nothing will smell foul?

Did you also determine the pot weight in comparison to the other 3 after pouring, whether all pots hold the same amount of water?

Your water values ​​are certainly all within the range. water temperature around 21 ° c, ph and ec normal, the nutrient solution regularly exchanged and aerated?

if you do not find any faults in yourself and your system, remember that every plant is unique, as if some had a personality
she would prefer to be poured from above.

at nft I always had plants with me that I also had to water from above. Of course there will be a reason for it, because unfortunately I don't know. the roots were developed in the same way as the others, but the turgor was still weak. they only recovered quickly when they were topped up

I think this will give you an idea of ​​what goes wrong with you ... wish you good luck and get well soon to the little girl.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here is another shot this morning. I dumped the water from the bottoms of all three plants in hose plastic pots. The other two are doing fine I think. Same height under the LEDs.

DSC00378.JPG

G

Same problem I've had under LEDs. Same problem everyone has under Leds whether they acknowledge it or not. See some with just the blue tips, some with midrib curl, some with the folding/drooping (which the peanut galley always thinks is a water issue.) Everyone under led has this issue. I used to think the "blotch glossies" the "blue cup" and the "scoliosis olympics" were different problems but they're the same issue:

It's a calcium deficiency. If you're waiting for brown spots to address calcium you've been sitting on a stunted plant for months. It ain't normal for weed to start growing slower but you see these tiny curleduup blue blotched led plants every where.

Unless it's from spraying too much magnesium? Or angry microbes or bad karma from pushing a kid on the playground 50 years ago? Will know for certain next trial run. It's good to know things.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have been adding cal-mag, and ph the water to 6.5, and it's only that one plant. It was the stoutest one. The other two in the same kind of pot are happy looking. We'll see if drying out the soil a little helps any. I suppose losing the mulch would help dry out the top of the soil, and make a gradient of moisture. Those 3 will be going into 10 gallon bags as soon as I take the misfits outside that didn't make it into the big tent, to make room.

Edit: Thinking back, I was a little busy with the sprayers last week. nematodes needed to be watered in, foliar spray with purecrop1 for Thrips, and I watered harder cause I was gonna be gone a day or two. The other two plants in the same kind of pots are fine from what I can see.

And I added more vermeculite to my soil mix. That was to make it wick more water for the bigger pots these will be in later..

Last edited:

dlxtpnuo

If u want see better pics of good plants. I have P.O.T.M. Much resin in few feeds. To cure your plant, is with drains.
image_549815.jpg

Attachments

• image_549814.jpg
    image_549814.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Latest posts