What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help!! What's the probelm here?

grouts

Hi everyone, first growing experience with two autoflowering Northern Light seeds: theese two plants you can (barely, sorry for the overexposed photos) see grew under the same exact conditions and cares but present a very dissimilar aspect: leafs on the right seem to had grown upwards and slightly curved at the end. Can anyone tell me if there's any deficiency or lack of nutrients? Both plants had been treated the same way, a real mistery I'm desperate! Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35 (3).jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 27
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35 (2).jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 25
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.56.35 (1).jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 26
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.44.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-22 at 00.44.39.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 27

grouts

Hi Grouts Welcome don't by desperate at all
your plants are at the perfect color of green
don't give to much nuts for now
i think if your plants are not sleeping(off)
by case of the leaves going down
it just a bit to much water and never feed your plants with the light (on)
1to2 hours after light (off) the plants drink at night(sleeping)
day time the plants work with the sun or light not really drinking

you can post your pictures full size just edit your post and click
on your pics you will see a loading sing on the pic

I see for you just a bit less of water and you will by fine....see you soon

Thank you pal!! I'll try to feed them during their nighttime

GoatCheese

Veteran
Thank you pal!! I'll try to feed them during their nighttime
No. feed them when the lights go on not during lights off.
The roots of the plant breath during lights-off period so you don’t wanna water them then

..and never feed your plants with the light (on)
1to2 hours after light (off) the plants drink at night(sleeping)
day time the plants work with the sun or light not really drinking
What?! Plants do drink during the day. You just see what happens to plants if the soil is dry and you leave them under the sun or a hot HPS light.

Maybe you should think a minute or two before giving such an advice, because bad advices can ruin other peoples’ grows.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
That's some crazy ass posting right there hay Goat. Imagine going all day in the sun without a drink. That's punishment.

Watering after lights off, if enough to last 24 hours, is a great way to rot your plants. They will just sit there soaked for hours. The rate of water usage through the night is about half of that during the day. I can be exact if anyone is interested, but about there. The lower temps 'lights off' won't reduce the humidity this causes within the buds and water sat about the root is suffocating.

Once a day regimes are done in the morning so the night is as dry as they get and the soaked period as short as possible.

Edit: In the last 24 hours they have used 170ml per hour 'lights on' and 82ml per hour 'lights off' confirming my rough 'Half' estimate I use to set my multiple watering times across the 24 hour period. Non at night.

Looking at that again, 12 hours of night is worth 6 hours of day. So if you must water more frequently than every 6 hours in the day, to avoid a dry-out, then you would need a feed at night to get through the 12 hours. However this is only going to concern NFT users, with even flood/drain in expanded clay wet enough to get through in most circumstances.

Last edited:

grouts

Thank you so much for your advices, I have to assume that I'm dealing with a watering issue or it might be something else? I must precise that I started notice the "bad aspect" of the plant right from the beginning of the growth, maybe a problem during the germination? Just assuming, this is really my first experience

Smoker2

Veteran

No. feed them when the lights go on not during lights off.
The roots of the plant breath during lights-off period so you don’t wanna water them then

What?! Plants do drink during the day. You just see what happens to plants if the soil is dry and you leave them under the sun or a hot HPS light.
Maybe you should think a minute or two before giving such an advice, because bad advices can ruin other peoples’ grows.

Looking at your plants and my plants....
I have nothing to learn from you my friend....look at my plants

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It looks like your media has too high of an EC or ppm, and the plants are starting to burn a little. Do a pour through and get a reading of the EC from the bottom. I water my plants when the containers are light weight and thirsty, no matter what time it is, day or night. 😎

GoatCheese

Veteran
Looking at your plants and my plants....
I have nothing to learn from you my friend....look at my plants

Took your post down when you realized how f-ing stupid it was and then felt the need to try to make me feel bad about my growing. What, are you 10 years old?😭😭😭

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17818435.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	17818438