What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Totally clueless!!! Lockout or deficiency?

plants are still in veg 2 strains gorilla cookies and rainbow candy from growers choice. About 6 weeks old they were burned by the build a soil 3.0 mix pretty badly but recovered. Vpd on point 75 degrees 55 humidity. Not overwatered I have a blumat tension meter and its at 200. I might have overwatered once last week the day after I topdressed with craft blend and build a blog. I don't see how it could be under fed but I just don't know Im at a loss. Showing extreme signs of calcium and or mag deficiency. Help???

Some leaves from lower growth new growth looks fine

Attachments

• 20210304_223930.jpg
    20210304_223930.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 48

mowood3479

Veteran
Okay, I’am often wrong. Just thought I’d throw it out there. Didn’t mean to offend. Hope u get it figured

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am having similar issues. You can see on my 1st grow diary. One problem is I let the dixie cups get too dry when I thought they were too wet. It hurt the roots I think.

In use nd love the Blumt moisture meters. 200 is way way dry in soil per their instructions. I water and get a reading of 40, next day it's 80 so they get nothing, then next day 120-140 and I water again.

stashpot

Phosphorus look at the older fan leaves at the bottom of the plant. Look for discoloration, spots and dark blemishes that form between the veins the leaves will feel stiff in parts.

Judging by your photo that's what i see, plus a low level of nitrogen judging by your shade of green bump up N and P

before that what's your ph been at? what exactly is in your feeds please state more info

def-chart.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	def-chart.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	17793107

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
I would check your run off PH, assuming that's good start with Cal/Mag supplement. If your feeding regularly It is very likely a lockout.

Thanks for the responses. Ph runoff is 6.9. The light coloring is light bleaching I have 2 hlg 650r's and I had them at 250 each which clearly was too much. I transplanted
one and saw that it was very dry im used to 15 gallon pots but im pheno hunting in 5 gallons. So I pretty much "flushed" them, flushing to me is watering to runoff and the next day it was a solid recovery.. the build a soil 3.0 was super hot and I guess these strains couldn't handle it. I've never burnt my plants nearly as bad and all I can think of it caused multiple lockouts and the underwatering just made it worse. Anyone had this issue or am I way off? Highly doubt root aphids I hit my soil with beneficial nematodes regularly. I haven't fed them since the initial transplant and burn besides a little recharge aloe vera and thermx

I forgot I did topdress last week after they had recovered from the initial burn. Dumbest thing i could have done it appears . Topdressed with b.a.s. craft blend , kashi and builda flower. And some castings. Was gonna flip to 12 12 until I woke up to a disaster of extremely unhappy plants