What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mite CONTROLS... Try This...

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
The CO2 method is like folklore,it doesnt work.And,about the no pest strips being bad for humans,yeah,if you snort em,lol.Unless your in a room with no ventilation and about 20 no pest strips in there with ya while you sleep in the room,theres no adverse effects to humans,or plants.People are gonna use what they have found to be best.But for me with over 20+ years growing indoors,i swear by them if used right(even though the only time i got mites was from clones from a friend that i didnt quarentine/sp?/ first).What i hate even more than using the No Pest Strips,would be smoking dead mite bodys and there poop in my finnished product.If you have a bad mite problem,you can either try the strips for a bit,then use Schultz 3 in 1 spray for mold,mildew and mites,or trash yer room and start over after a good cleaning top to bottom.Even with the strips,i suggest you clean from top 2 bottom before starting the next round.For me,they have worked great,and besides my last three children being born 6 feet tall,with purple hair,there was no signs of anything that wasnt normal going on.I have found it hard to get sunglasses with only one lens though.Good luck killing the Aliens people...

takkada

The CO2 method is like folklore,it doesnt work.And,about the no pest strips being bad for humans,yeah,if you snort em,lol.Unless your in a room with no ventilation and about 20 no pest strips in there with ya while you sleep in the room,theres no adverse effects to humans,or plants.People are gonna use what they have found to be best.But for me with over 20+ years growing indoors,i swear by them if used right(even though the only time i got mites was from clones from a friend that i didnt quarentine/sp?/ first).What i hate even more than using the No Pest Strips,would be smoking dead mite bodys and there poop in my finnished product.If you have a bad mite problem,you can either try the strips for a bit,then use Schultz 3 in 1 spray for mold,mildew and mites,or trash yer room and start over after a good cleaning top to bottom.Even with the strips,i suggest you clean from top 2 bottom before starting the next round.For me,they have worked great,and besides my last three children being born 6 feet tall,with purple hair,there was no signs of anything that wasnt normal going on.I have found it hard to get sunglasses with only one lens though.Good luck killing the Aliens people...
good luck

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
From experience I have found that if the borg get control of your plants they are fucked.....dispose of the plants and use a mite and insect bomb in the room. Clean it out, nuke it.

Spray preventative measures from day one....eternally vigilant.

dragunn

co2 is only gonna work if you flood the room with 10,000 ppm.and but who wants too carry a 100 pound tank for a 12x12 room?

thefanfx

cure against spider mites

cure against spider mites

one more time
let me give you some tested and plant friendly suggestions works on 100% against all kind of mites :)

1. Tobacco's water - put in clean water 500ml (in bottle with cap) / (cut) around 20 cigars or 50 grams of cut tobacco for 24 hours - you can leave it on sunny place during the day to make the mixture as much stronger , spray the plant on next day with it , i mean wash it
smile.gif
it must dive in water all leafs (the water should be super brown and it will smell as hell). you can repeat it after 2-3 days - after that procedure no living creature will try to eat your plant leafs proved
smile.gif

2. Hot (spicy) water - same procedure but instead of water a hot chilly powder in water 500ml/1 spun powder - again 24h on sun in bottle - spray it again on next day , you can repeat procedure

none of these 2 can harm the plant neither you
smile.gif
but will keep all bug's away from the leafs

hope it helps
njoy

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
you are speaking from personal experience about the co2?
No,ive only had mites once and that was from a clone someone gave me that i didnt quarantine first,but i know ,many that have tried it,and not one time did it do the trick.Doesnt matter how many PPM it just doesnt work.Youd have to do it so many times.Say it did work. and killed the living mites,it wouldnt kill the eggs.Once the eggs hatch youd have to do it again,and not all eggs are gonna hatch at the same time,so it would be a cycle of using a boatload of CO2 and alot of wishing.You need something that kills the mites and destroys the eggs at the same time.If you have mites,i hope if you do ,you find something that works for you.I use Schultz 3 in 1 spray.Its organic and works great.I put a No Pest Strip in the room also to just keepup a preventive measure.Ive never had a problem after that.But ido spray the plants with the 3 in 1 every so often just not to give them a chance.Even if you dont have mites,its good to spray them anyway,just to be safe and not to give them bastards a chance of moving in without payin rent.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Growing and Maintaining Predatory Mites

Growing and Maintaining Predatory Mites

Does anyone know how to maintain a population of predatory mites (I have phytoseiulus persimilis), so you don't have to keep buying new ones?

These particular mites only eat spidermites (no pollen), so what is the procedure for keeping them alive in a box so I can use them next year? Do they go dormant for the winter or can they be made to go dormant?

S

stony2

im sorry to.. differ with you, sir, .. but you are the caretaker.. you have always been the caretaker..

errr what i meant to say is:

a) healthy plants dont repel spidermites. spidermites LOVE healthy plants. the healthier the plants, the more plant juice they can suck and the faster they procreate

b) the spider mite predators, i tried those on about 5 occasions in different circumstances - THEY NEVER EVER WORK. forget about them. they eat a few mites and then they die. you will have to maintain the PERFECT climate for them to do their job and reproduce. and even then they dont reproduce as fast as the spider mites, so you'll have your room infested no matter what

what helped in my case was a whole boatload of pyrethrum and turning the fan off and letting it sink in for a whole day so that it would kill at least the live animals, and then a systemic agent for the eggs. i didnt care much at this point if they were eligible for human consumption, i just wanted to get rid of those things

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
i got the spider mites bad...should i fight them or cull everything and start anew?
everything has them..

Iraganji

The last time I had them, was last summer. I was working on the flowering room, so I was only vegging. Here's what I did.

I culled my mother plants down to the bare minimum, and kept what strains I wanted as little mothers in beer cups.
I washed and cleaned the floors and walls of room, and bleach mopped everywhere else I could.
I attached a spray hose to a water line which isn't softened at my utility sink. I gave the mother plants a complete shower tops
and bottoms of leaves twice a day for a week and a half. Anything which looked like eggs under jewelers loop, got squished.
I haven't seen them since.

Borg hate showers! There's only room for one dirty hippie around here, me. :D
Give them enough showers, and they'll look at you like you're the fucking Borg.
Ya gotta give it to them worse than they give it to you.

igrowone

Veteran
i got the spider mites bad...should i fight them or cull everything and start anew?
everything has them..

if nothing is in flower, you might be in better shape
i did fight the little pricks in flower, though it was only one plant
i got rid of them, and did harvest some worthwhile bud, but they did take their toll

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
How about Ivermectin.
You can possibly even buy out off date stock from local vets, farmers or dog breeders.

groady-ho

Veteran
well ended up culling some plants..i did keep the ecsd n bubba..hope they come back around..still spraying every 3 rd day and cleaned everything and every roon with bleach..
the flower room is a real pia to get rid of them in..i think i beat them in veg and mom rooms, i think...
thx for everything..doing my best, but it can be so damn frustrating..

groady-ho

Veteran
also, i just don't think spider miites are the only things wrong..the damge has become extensive and destructive very fast..either way i feel like i'm losing the battle..

groady-ho

Veteran
this might sound a bit off. maybe..best i can figure is that i brought something in from the outside, under my fingernails, on my skin, clothes, the grapes or veggie garden, who knows..pest are really bad this yr. ,.. this kinda thing has never happened before, in all these yrs...everything was a breeze, no pests, plant probs of any kind..i was always so cautious about cross contamination...

live and learn and learn i have, thanks to y'all here @ icmag..hope all of you never encounter anything like this..shit just went to hell crazy fast.

cleaner than ever this time around and whole lot more preventive measures will be taken as well..this will NOT happen again!.

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Couple off things about lady bugs. Get more then you need as they will kamikaze into the lights. Also if you don't give them a source of water they will dehydrate and die with in a few days. Spraying your plants and even leaving small containers of water around your plants will go a long ways to keep them alive.

Yeah another problem with ladybugs is they just fly away lol stay safe headband 707:biggrin: