What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Mite CONTROLS... Try This...

X

Xray Kimono

picture.php

$8 at GNC. 15 drops per gal of water every 3- 5 days=no mites.... Do it once every 7-10 days after they are gone to act as preventative...

Make sure to shake the shit out of it after it is in the water/feeding solution... Bottle lasts over a year...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rosemary has no persistence and works on contact to my understanding re: a poor choice for a preventative.

I've mixed up to 1%, I believe SNS does 2%.

dbkick

Rosemary has no persistence and works on contact to my understanding re: a poor choice for a preventative.

I've mixed up to 1%, I believe SNS does 2%.
Old thread brought back, info may have changed since then.

SNS has a rosemaric acid that is systemic and leaves the plant not tasting like the nasty little pest sucking them dry would like.
Personally I'll go with a toxic systemic miticide in veg and right before I flip, after that it's nothing but Flying skull nuke em which is like getting two birds stoned, kills pests and is a natural fungicide.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be cautious with company claims.

The effects of rosemary oil are well documented (repeated studies). I've yet to find a single one mentioning the systemic action of rosmarinic acid. Have you anything to share in that regard?

There are animal and human studies concerning oral doses and the systemic effect but I would hope this isn't the basis of their claim.

dbkick

I would be cautious with company claims.

The effects of rosemary oil are well documented (repeated studies). I've yet to find a single one mentioning the systemic action of rosmarinic acid. Have you anything to share in that regard?

There are animal and human studies concerning oral doses and the systemic effect but I would hope this isn't the basis of their claim.
All I have is link to what the professionals that are slinging the product say.

http://sierranaturalscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SNS-209-Application-Guide-r2.pdf

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again, take company literature with a grain of salt, especially when there is no support among the wider academic community.

For that matter, question anything anyone trying to sell you something claims. If I believed everything claimed by cannabis orientated companies it would cost me ten times as much to grow.

Sorry for the delay, a lot happening this year.

I try to keep it as simple and natural as possible. Take a container (jar with a lid, bottle, bucket), and put the relevant organic matter (growtips for growth, flowers for flowering), put them in the container and crush them up a little. Add molassis or another sugar source (haven't tried fruits without molassis, however that would make sense), add water. If you make sure the vegetable matter stays below the water/brine, it won't stink.

You add a quarter teaspoon or less to a quart of water (I use filtered, with maerl added overnight to re-mineralize it), and pour it over your plants from top to bottom.

I think this is the best way to use molassis.

Is this fermenting the actual plant matter? Grow tips grow tips for growth, flowers for flowering?from what source are said plant matters obtained?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Using SNS 209 and 217 with ok results on two spot mites. These little suckers aren't really tearing me up anymore. Problem is that I just can't shake them. With SNS root drench alone we still have outbreaks every week or ten days. Neem or 217 get rid of them, the leaves rebound, only to have them show up and repeat the cycle. FS
picture.php

$14 That's the way ya do it. You spray the plants with the H-V-L-P
picture.php

Last edited:

BigPete

A good way to kill unwanted insects is to use predatory spiders, the jumping variety. They're hundreds of varieties all over the world and they all hunt. Get yourself a pooter and go out and catch a bunch and release them in your room, they will do no harm to your plants and once the spider mites and fungus gnats are gone they will simply die off.

Jumping spiders are really common round here in UK and it would be easily possible to catch 10 in a half hour.

donwalter

HOMBRE
Veteran
I've been fighting with the red spider for over thirty years, the best solution for me are its natural predators, the Phytoseiulus persymilis, now every year I buy 1000 specimens and I just need to completely destroy the spiders mite.
I grow almost only outdoors and I do not have a growroom with the possibility of controlling the relative humidity, for those who have the possibility I would say to try to adjust the umidity up to under 50%, the mites in general , having no respiratory system, breathe through the soft skin, this means that with a low humidity (below 50%) suffocated die.
I apologise if the things I have said have already been said.
Ciao...:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts