Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also look into getting some sturrip M its a spider mite phermone that atracts the mites right to the spray

Comment

I usually don't have spidermites. a recent outbreak of them in late flower prompted me to try a new technique(atleast new to me). sorry if im just repeating old info to u guys. I got out my old vacuum(with a good filter) and removed most adults and all of the few webs I seen. seemed to be very effective, although it didn't remove the eggs it will buy me another week for my larry girls to finish. better then spraying this late imo. good luck!
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360359

Comment

Originally posted by eric2028 View Post
        I usually don't have spidermites. a recent outbreak of them in late flower prompted me to try a new technique(atleast new to me). sorry if im just repeating old info to u guys. I got out my old vacuum(with a good filter) and removed most adults and all of the few webs I seen. seemed to be very effective, although it didn't remove the eggs it will buy me another week for my larry girls to finish. better then spraying this late imo. good luck!
        Here's an idea - if you have too many insects, you have too few bacteria and fungi. Worm compost tea will take care of nearly all of them, and the ones that are left will have to compete with the bacteria.

Comment

if your looking for floramite or avid or 4bid and google seems to be the option, but you don't want to wait, these are all available legally from grow shops in the places where these are illegal(California).

Comment

For me, these guys are like the white walkers from the game of thrones. Just when you think they are gone, they come back. In veg I spray with neem oil and fog with dr doom. During flower I spray with azamax and fog with dr doom. I don't drench during flower, don't want moldy nugs. I've never had a major infestation. I keep them at bay and I am always scouting for their next strike. Just got into the tea foliar, so far very pleased. I foliar twice a week once with neem or aza and the second time with tea.

Comment

mity wash works with lights on every 3 days it works i swear

Comment

With lights on?...

Hmm

Think I'll give the Dr Doom bombs a shot, thanks for the info all

Comment

If you are late in flower then salvage them by making BHO. Cut and run. Dunking all of your plants in 1 oz neem oil extract per gallon of water. Once a day for three days. Kills the crawlers and breaks the egg cycle. OMRI too. Er, WSDA approved.

Comment

Medic.....

Spider mites
                    Flower 5 weeks 2 days

Does the hot shot fogger work? Can't upload photos... I picked it up at Home Depot a couple years and it's been sitting. Can I throw this in the flower room during lights out?

http://m.acehardware.com//product/in...a=pla_17516585

Comment

Originally posted by Mesosphere View Post
                      Spider mites
                      Flower 5 weeks 2 days

Does the hot shot fogger work? Can't upload photos... I picked it up at Home Depot a couple years and it's been sitting. Can I throw this in the flower room during lights out?

http://m.acehardware.com//product/in...a=pla_17516585
                      Do not use poisons like that on buds, I wouldnt even use them in veg. Use something non toxic there are only a few i would suggest, the most effective stuff ive used recently is "Plant Cleanse" by Skunk Labs Horticulture. It removed my mildew as well, says it can be used through harvest so stick with something like that.

I've gotten really ill in the past when smoking buds that people treated with chemicals so im totally against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gifted0ne View Post
                        Do not use poisons like that on buds, I wouldnt even use them in veg. Use something non toxic there are only a few i would suggest, the most effective stuff ive used recently is "Plant Cleanse" by Skunk Labs Horticulture. It removed my mildew as well, says it can be used through harvest so stick with something like that.

I've gotten really ill in the past when smoking buds that people treated with chemicals so im totally against it.
                        I use worm tea gently poured over the flowers right until harvest.

It really holds back mildew, spider mites, etc. by outcompeting them and forming a biofilm that makes it tough to eat for the insects, and apparently doesn't give mildew much of a toe hold.

You can check whether it damages the trichomes by looking at them with a loupe. I haven't seen any damage yet.

Also, I find that pests and infections come in cycles, and as long as you can get through the cycle, it will go away. For instance, usually when the leaves start to fall, aphids travel along on them. After you get an aphid infection, mildew is not far behind, because aphids will spread their own bugs. However if you can get through the leaf fall period, the aphid problem is going to disappear with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
                          I use worm tea gently poured over the flowers right until harvest.

It really holds back mildew, spider mites, etc. by outcompeting them and forming a biofilm that makes it tough to eat for the insects, and apparently doesn't give mildew much of a toe hold..
                          I generally don't recommend tea as a foliar because there are nematode that are dangerous to humans they can get inside your body and cause major issues. I always use tea in dwc but i wouldnt be comfortable spraying it around. Check out the Plant Cleanse stuff its on amazon and ebay also i think..

Comment

Originally posted by Gifted0ne View Post
                            I generally don't recommend tea as a foliar because there are nematode that are dangerous to humans they can get inside your body and cause major issues. I always use tea in dwc but i wouldnt be comfortable spraying it around. Check out the Plant Cleanse stuff its on amazon and ebay also i think..
                            If I thought it was dangerous, I wouldn't do it or recommend it.

However, you dry the weed, which won't be good for nematodes that live in moisture. And then you burn the weed, which would kill it again, I presume.

Comment

Spinosad (spell) tried it 100% success. Staple in my room hands down.
                              Bbrain

Comment

tagged. thanks
                                The Ultimate Connoisseur Garden:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post6622757

Comment

Working...
                                X