X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoggy
    replied
    Almost a month later and still around, but decreasing quick. My mosquitoi zapper leaves a pile of them below after every lights-out! Remaining Larvae getting their Gnatrol grub granules. These things are everywhere nowdays - surprisingly, ive see em @ my fav. Korean restaurant coupler times.
    As long as lit windows open, your @ risk them entering- same with white flys, thrips, aphids..
    The bag-em method isn't practical for lrg #'$ of containers, but should work: suggest paint strainer bags, cheaper and come in different sizes.
    That expanded soda bottles glass product "Nix is water proof and for sure shreds em as top dressing- drainage holes still open though.
    My pots drainage slots i screen w/ thin aquarium filter fabric to keep hydroton in.
    But yea, i suspect we've evolved a super strain!

Leave a comment:

• Muleskinner
    replied
    I get 100% elimination after several treatments of Gnatrol. Typically by 2-3 weeks into flower I do not have to use it again.

sure, if it's summer outside you'll see a gnat or two flying around. no big deal. Only chemie pesticide grows are completely free of bugs. I see springtails and pot worms all the time in my soil mix. I used to bake the soil but it makes your oven smell for weeks afterward and kills the beneficial microbial life.

Leave a comment:

• kuki123
    replied
    I found many useful tips in this site. You can try it.http://topmosquitokiller.com

Leave a comment:

• mdgg4
    replied
    Like I said, cover ya pots. If you think they hitch ride in soil, bake it. I would probably bake at around 150°-175°, would make sure soil reaches that temp for about 10 min should kill everything in your soil. Bennies can always be added back, then cover them bitches. Peeps preaching about bti being the end all, its not. This is not my first time fighting gnats, all that shit mentioned ive tried. NOTHING will erradicate them fully, you will ALWAYS have a flier or two hovering around. Thats why people who use those products, me included, never seem to completely wipe them out so have to continue to use said products and hope they dont get bad again. FUCK THAT, I would want them gone, finished, kaput, annihalated! But seeing nothing on the market in and in itself will completely wipe them out, and keep them from coming back.
    Gonna say once again, sterilize new soil, cover(mesh bubblebags recommended,$20/8bag,use them all) boom gnats gone. Stop playing with these bastards, cant you guys see they are starting to build resistance to most things people throw at them. You got to get physical, and remove them from your garden. If you cant remove and stuck on bti, please atleast run alongside hypoapsis miles, the physical part if ya know what i mean. Something that physically searches them out day and night, hunters. Also they will reproduce giving you a army of hunters constantly searching. But bti alone, nah, tried it, dont work dont care what anyone on this site says. Bti is only toxic if they eat it, adults dont eat, just fuck and multiply. Hypoapsis miles wont discriminate, eating adults and babies and eggs. But will leave you guys to the bti, hope it helps.

PEACE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mdgg4; 03-15-2017, 00:39.

Leave a comment:

• MintyMick
    replied
    I've been fighting these bastards for two years. Mosquito dunks, pesticide (neem, knock down, azamax), diatomaceous earth, pesticide root soaks. Used a layer of two inch sand on the top of my soil. Nothing works for long.

I've been using happy frog or ocean forest to supplement my soil mix. I'm sure they hitch a ride in to my grow on those. Shoot me.

Hopefully mine won't mutate and just sit around my house all day eating my food and complaining.

Leave a comment:

• hellfire
    replied
    These things tend to work best after brewing for 2-3 days. When the color of the water gets that milky kind of tinge to it..yeah its on.

Leave a comment:

• shawkmon
    replied
    i had gnats so bad a month ago, got dunks, let 5 gallon bucket of water sit out 24 hours, i crumble a half a dunk in water,add my calmag , i add my nutes , my stump tea ,bit of Rawsilica, might even take a piss in the bucket , let it sit out anouther day , ph it , water plants with it , i do it every watering , i i have zero gnats now ! and healthiest robust plants i ever had

THANKS SKEETER DUNK GUY , GREAT INFO

Leave a comment:

• mdgg4
    replied
    i have a 5 gallon bucket of mosquito bits, they will not completely erradicate gnats, i throw that shit in the pots by the handfull, gnats just dance on top of it. mosquito bits are bti. if you must use bti, for better results run alongside hypoapsis miles, but alone, they multiply too fast. bottom line contain them, cover your pots so they can be completely removed when time comes. if not you will always have a presence of gnats in your garden, you know, that gnat flying around in ya face every now and then.

PEACE!

Leave a comment:

• mdgg4
    replied
    de will do nothing against gnats, gets wet no good. also takes too long to kill the adults 24-48hrs. they will still mate during this time and possibly still lay eggs while dying from de. plus attacking the adults will actually not do anything the larvae is what you need to control. save the de de for the pests running around on the floor, will do shit against gnats. personally i dont recommend against them. DE WILL DO NOTHING AGAINST GNATS

PEACE!

Leave a comment:

• TerraPretaGrown
    replied
    I say use Diatomaceous Earth..... put a heavy dusting on your top soil, it will kill off knats, the DE cuts thier bodys, i use DE and mosquitoes bits, same company making mosquitoes dunks its a granduler form you can spread out on the top soil. Its toxic to the lil bastards. im knat free with this combo

Leave a comment:

• mdgg4
    replied
    Originally posted by Medfinder View Post
    correct! bacillus israelis thuringiensis sticky traps etc..

maybe spinosad...
    tried AALLL that, none killed them all, running alone or in combination, slowed, yes, erradicate, no. goal is to get rid of them, contain your pots, then treat better success on plant going full round, when done you can remove entire pot from room with gnats contained, then burn, just kidding, but you just removed gnats, larvae and eggs from your garden,easy.

PEACE!

Leave a comment:

• Medfinder
    replied
    Originally posted by Smoggy View Post
    Correction:
    Just confirmed it was [B]Microbe-Lift[B] product used initially [Much more than instructed!] , not Thurgicide brand.
    correct! bacillus israelis thuringiensis sticky traps etc..

maybe spinosad...

Leave a comment:

• mdgg4
    replied
    just threw a bunch of cuts and plants out because of gnats, fuck those bastards! tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the fucks but those bitches are resillient as fuck. they will be back dont care what you use, gnatrol, bti, that shit not gonna knock them out if thats what your looking for. i got tired of them and spending shit loads of money on this and that promising to get rid of them. what i personally see is they reproduce too fast for bti to be effective on its own. ive literaly watched dying gnats still try to get their fuck on, dying! they are so preprogrammed to reproduce that thats all the adults know. the plants i ended up keeping still has gnats, they will always be there unless i treat with something that i know i dont want in my garden since i been on this organic shit. so what i did was saturate the pot with a powdered bti product purchased from arbico organics. i then took all pots and placed them inside of some $20 all mesh bubble bags purchased from amazon pack of 8. bought several sets. in my humble opinion this method to me is sure fire nothing can get in or out and pots still receive air, win. i also purchased a product called "mantis" which i highly recommend especially if your battling mites. but i use every where spray under and around every where after youve cleaned and bleached every fucking thing in your garden. plan is to give them nowhere to go and no food to eat. the mantis will knock them flat on their asses with about a 3 hour kill window, and it smells fantastic all organic, the usual oils but i guess they found a winning combination cause it works. its about $60 for 32oz bottle, worth it. but anyways thats my take on gnats do not underestimate them, i just lost some prize plants due to them, they will fuck your roots over, the babies, those are the destroyers, the fucking babies! but im on a rant now gnats have caused me major damage and had to run off.

PEACE!

Leave a comment:

• Mikell
    replied
    Gnatrol.

God I love eBay ignoring Canadian pesticide regulations.

Leave a comment:

• Smoggy
    replied
    Correction:
    Just confirmed it was [B]Microbe-Lift[B] product used initially [Much more than instructed!] , not Thurgicide brand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X