This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stucrew View Post
    Here is a video about making your own sticky traps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkN2M7Q36AI Youtube and google is a growers friend
    I’m going to try this and post the results.
    A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it. - First Law of Mentat

Comment

Originally posted by Mikell View Post
      What a compelling argument for Gnatrol.
      Thankfully I now grow in Titan Ebb&Grow systems and use GnatNix on the top of my coco so i don't have to mess with the little bastards any more. When I grew with rockwool cubes I only got rid of the gnats by using Raid.

Comment

mosquito dunks and mosquito bits are shit. what a joke. i bought it from different vendors from ebay. i hang a dunk in a sock in the reservoir. i sprinkeled the bits on top if the coco. my sticky traps still full of this fuckers after +6 weeks. just cost me lots of time + money + more money for shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by biobizz View Post
          mosquito dunks and mosquito bits are shit. what a joke. i bought it from different vendors from ebay. i hang a dunk in a sock in the reservoir. i sprinkeled the bits on top if the coco. my sticky traps still full of this fuckers after +6 weeks. just cost me lots of time + money + more money for shipping.
          I agree. I tried the mosquito dunks too. Gnat Nix does work. Until the adults die out you will have some flying around but the larvae in your planters will die as they crawl up through the GnatNix. Be sure to put atleast 1 inch layer on top of your soil or coco coir. Also, realize that if the gnats/fruit flies can easily get into your grow rooms from outside then you will keep seeing them.

Comment

The concentration is weak. You have to use a ridiculous amount.

Gnatrol wins again.

Comment

The concentration is weak. You have to use a ridiculous amount.

Gnatrol wins again.
              The great thing about GnatNix is it isn't a pesticide. 1 application on the top of the medium at the beginning of the grow and it stays there working for the whole grow. I suppose if I couldn't get rid of the flying adults then I would spray the plants with something but remember the bug spray will likely show up in the lab test.

Comment

It's Gnatrol. Bti. As harmless as they come.

It isn't systemic nor is it applied with a sprayer. It also isn't a half ass solution like most the crap recommended here.

Did you troll me because you want this Dipshit Know Nothing crown?

Don't worry. People know.

Comment

The gnatrol.com guy on ebay was gouging too badly, so I finally broke down and ordered my own 16 pound bucket of Gnatrol for just under $400 shipped. What a great decision. Myself and a few friends will be set for 2 years at $26 per pound. The guy on ebay wants $56 per pound.

mosquito dunks didn't work too well for me, took a long time to mash them up with pliers and then even at high doses I still had lots of gnats. Better to suck it up & buy Gnatrol. Best price was from this place in Colorado:

https://www.forestrydistributing.com...-listed-valent

also if you've got a severe infestation, make sure to water with Gnatrol every 2-3 days, it only stays active in the soil for 2 days so they'll start breeding up again if you wait for the soil to dry out longer than 2-3 days.
                  Last edited by Muleskinner; 12-10-2018, 16:06.
                  OG refugee

Comment

It's Gnatrol. Bti. As harmless as they come.

It isn't systemic nor is it applied with a sprayer. It also isn't a half ass solution like most the crap recommended here.

Did you troll me because you want this Dipshit Know Nothing crown?

Don't worry. People know.
                    ??? No. I don't Troll anyone. I am here to learn and help others with advice from what I have experienced. After all, real growing experience comes from real growing history.

You can keep the "Dipshit Know Nothing Crown". It's yours and I figure you earned it.

Comment

Was shopping around, comparing prices and reviews and stumbled upon the same recommendation over and over. Supposedly it is very concentrated Bti, and very inexpensive. Also besides being found online, it is often stocked at hardware stores.

Microbelift BMC

The dosage is so tiny, it can be hard to measure. Although I was told by someone who contacted the manufacturer that over dosing will not be harmful, nor will it be more effective, just waste the product a little. At the price though, seems non factor.

Will try to remember to post with my actual results, hopefully in the next week or so.

Mr^^

Comment

Ordered

Hello all,
                        Great thread.
                        Just ordered some on eBay for delivery on Friday.
                        Been using neem seed meal in the every mix but recently the gnats have gone nuts. I have the yellow white fly traps in the cabinet and lately their numbers exploded.
                        Gonna try the 1/4 piece ground up per pot.
                        Hoping to save my Venom OG and Sour Kosher from the beasts.
                        Let you know how it goes.

Vape on
                        Just because your paranoid
                        Doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Comment

Ive had freat results with microbe lift ...baccilus thureangess israelis...or BTI.

Comes in a 2 oz squirt bottle.

You can use distilled water and culture your own from it as well. Root aphids fungas knats etc
                          .etc.

Dont forget wet areas in your area.

Toilet bowl holes under rims.. drains washing machine hoses wall drains.
                          Seedsman The White OG grow...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=371388

Seedsman Blue Ice OG Feminized grow

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=371314

Chemwalker..and other crosses using Chem 91 skva..
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=341865

Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
                          29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Matthew 28:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
                          18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Comment

Thank you lolagirl

Update ;
                            I got the dunks, powdered two in a mortar and pestle, sprinkled a light dusting on the soil of my girls in the flower room, and my potted lady in the propagation box.
                            Next I mixed up some soil along with some dunks. It has been a couple of weeks since I started with the dunks and the quantity of gnats appears to be reducing. I plan to replace my yellow sticky traps in a few days to see how it is working.

So far so good.

Vape on.
                            Just because your paranoid
                            Doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Comment

safe your money dont buy this mosquito duks garbage!

sorrry but the threadstarters advice made me mad some time ago.

just want say i was very dissapointed about the results. i ordered a big package mosquito bits and also this donut style dunks spend arround 80€ total so allmost 100usd.

i sprinkled the bits around the plants. i put a dunk in a womensock(nylon) and hang it into the resorvoir..let it there at least 1 week.. no effect at all. maybe the plants even didnt like it..not shure but i got a feeling it wasnt the best idea..what a waste of time and money. also it was hard to get it in europe. i ordered from u.s.a.

so..useing nematodes is working nice i tried it several times..the problem is u shouldnt use it with filters/automatic drip feed system.. so its only good for hand feeding..

i prefer useing bacillus thuringiensis israelensis

how much grams gnatrol u use per gallon? can u overdose it? no right?

can u reproduce the bacteria?

Comment

Get some soil nematodes,will kill all fungus gnat and thrip larvae

Comment

Working...
                                X