What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Martinique Smoking TOUR, into the Carribean

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi Everybody,

Here are some smoke reports from my martinique tour, starting now...
French island in the west indies, you can find some weed almost everywhere. Prices run from 1,5$/G to 3$/G for best quality.

cartemartiniquefb4.jpg

Most of their weed came from St Vincent and St Lucia, and are landraces sativa, which not seems to have been hybridized, or very few.
The best weed is called "fil rouge" or "red hair", and i hope i'll find some, i've managed to got some every time i've been there before.
Hash is almost impossible to get, and quality is not good.

Here are the first sample i get, Some very brown herb

Smell : smell like peppermint, not so strong. Classic smell of ganja in martinique. 3/10

Bag Appeal : Not so many leaves. Brownish/dark buds with red hairs, sticky but trichomes are not visible at naked eyes. Buds are little. 4.5 /10

Smoke : Taste is hard to describe, very far away from any dutch strains, taste natural for sure, earthy with some pepper.
First it hits you with a good and motivating high, but it's really hard to get everything in mind under control, really racy for the first hour. Love that effect. Give you munchies too !
Then it comes with a strong stone, which made me sleep under the sun ( shit ! sunburns !....) on the beach.
I really like those kind of herbs, they are not the best but if you smoke enough you're really going for some psychedelic high and as soon as you stop the stone will make you sleep...
This weed must have been cutted very amber.
7/10

Seeds : two viables seeds, and three which may be. Labelled #1. I think that those could make some really good results with a proper cure.

dscf2096rsolutiondelcraem8.jpg

dscf2094rsolutiondelcralc0.jpg

dscf2100rsolutiondelcrazo5.jpg

Let's roll, with a very little tobacco for the weed to burn well.

dscf2107rsolutiondelcrafb9.jpg

I'll give her 5/10, but maybe my judgment will evolve will smoking others of that kind . :joint:

A lot more smoke reports will come :)

:wave:

Last edited:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Nice report! Love to hear about these non-hybridized strains. Glad to hear you are collecting some of the seeds.

titoon29

Veteran
Hi Trichosaurus and Groovy !

Thanks for your posts !!!

I'm staying here for three weeks so a lot of reports should come... I just need to smoke all the weed i get before buying more...

More about the previous sample : that's not much a party weed as you're unable to understand most of things after you smoke it. the most impressive part of the high is the time it needs to get to ya, about ten minutes after smoking it's still going high and high.... love that but this could be crazy :)

So i'm gonna look for more tomorrow, and we re going to camp on the beach with a lot of people on the evening... let's party, rhum, ganja, sea, sex, sun ^^
No really picts of martinique at the moment, but that should come soon !

I had a talk with a guy who seems to smoke a lot. He told me about quality, which ran from the "maka", which is like the weed i got, to red hair, which is high quality weed. Both come from the southern island mostly. The maka is not so sticky, while the red hair is.
You could also find some jamaican weed, but i think it's really hard to get, also a lot of jamaican herb is hybridized nowadays.
You can also got dutch weed, they name it skunk, but it's really overpriced and quality is lower than what we grow indoor.
Most weeds got some seeds in, the best ones don't have any, too bad...

I'm gonna look for weed experts ^^

See ya all !

Titoon

Last edited:

titoon29

Veteran
Sativa Carribean #2

Sativa Carribean #2

Hi Dfa

Here are some picts i've taken but more will come...

cranmq4.jpg

crankr0.jpg

cranmk6.jpg

dscn3859rsolutiondelcracu9.jpg

So let's go for Sample #2

Smell : Kinda different from the first one, really hard to describe. Soft smell, really natural, spicey. 3/10

Bag Appeal Got one big branch with very fluffly buds. A lot of seeds. Trichs can be seen with naked eye on this one, but as the buds are fluffly there is not much. I was a little dissapointed by the bag appeal. 4/10

Smoke : The taste is nice, organic with an undertone which remains me of haze, but really soft. No barbecue smoke smell caused by seeds, despite they were many, that 's great.
The high comes really slowly, start 5 minutes after smoking and go up to 30 minutes... Mostly heady, kinda spiritual, can also make you laugh really hard.
this one is not overwhelming so you re still able to do things. :Muahaha:

High :6/10
Stone: 2/10, almost no stone
Taste: 7/10

cranin2.jpg

cranks1.jpg

cranjl9.jpg

I would give this one 5/10
She is strong but due to bad grow and curing there is too many leaves :Spank:, and not enough trichomes to hit you straight. But i'm sure properly grown it would be a heavy hitter. Good :rasta: ganja !

Last edited:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hey titoon :wave:

really great thread :woohoo: this is some very good info - keep up the good work :joint:

I wish you good holidays and a great time in martinique :)

greetings

titoon29

Veteran
Sample #3

Sample #3

Hi all,

thanks for your post Sideshow Bob, it give me more motivation to go on another smoke test...

Just before that, yesterday was surfing day, little waves but enough to have fun... Today is surf day to :)... That s not me on the board surfing, but the pict with the beach and board, it's the board a friend let me use.

dscf2164800x600jt1.jpg

dscf2171800x600io7.jpg

Sample #3

Smell : Kinda like the first one, very little smell, green and maybe little spicy3/10

Bag Appeal Nice buds, bigger than the previous ones, less fluffy. Some leaves but buds are nice and sticky, trichomes can be seen.4,5/10

Smoke : Well I love the smoke of this weed. The taste is not really strong, earthy, but the smoke is really fresh, like a mint gum... First it hit you like it's really hot and then make your breath fresh, that's fun !
The high is nice, really heady, good for parties or social purposes. A little pain relieve too.
Also make you really hungry all the time, really impressive ! After about one hour and a half a big stone come ending up with a good sleep !
This one would be great for medical purposes i think.
I ended up with about 10 viable seeds.
High :5/10
Stone:6/10 after 90min
Taste: 6/10

dscf2176800x600lr4.jpg
dscf2178800x600je0.jpg

dscf2179800x600au5.jpg

dscf2180800x600qh8.jpg

I would give her a 6/10... Again, properly grown i think some good individuals could be found...

Titoon

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi titoon

great thread

very interesting seeing the difeent weeds and your opinions and descriptions
keep all the seeds from any good weed you get
send them back if your worried about bringing them back

i have a friend from jamaica whos a big toker and he is going to have friends send back some good seeds with me to play with and see what i get

keep us posted on your trip

peace

titoon29

Veteran
Hi ojd,

for sure the seeds are to be kept, they will be sent to some of my friends interested in growing those carribean strains.
They really are a different smoke from anything we can find in dutch strains, and that 's why they are worth the wait.
Some of my friends had grown bagseeds from here but they got one of the most fluffy plant i've ever seen, cutted on january after bringing her indoor on november.
That's why i'm taking picts and keeping comments because the yield will be really different from one to the other. For example i'm sure the sample #3 could be a nice yielder, while the #2 not so much.
If you're interested in seeds send me a pm, i must be able to get more this week.

Titoon

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
thaks for taking me with you on vacation ,i love island life ,good luck hunting ,should have taken seedsto trade with ,you never know ,us growers always likes somthing new

titoon29

Veteran
Hi wantaknow,

here more picts for you, the surf spot :)
DSCF2158_800x600.jpg

DSCF2159_800x600.jpg

DSCF2160_800x600.jpg

I'll probably get a lot more picts by going to visit some unknown part of the island to me.
This afternoon surf again... Yesterday i was at the beach at 9am, nice waves, so i surfed during an hour...Than i sit on the beach and i smoked a big spliff with a surfer ive just met who told me about secret spots.
I also chat with a guy who wants to sell me some "skunk" which is their outdoor grown dutch strains, but i asked him for good jamaican, which he hadn't.

I'm looking for some full of trichomes seeds to make an iceolator but i still haven't found it, but there is still 13 days for me to find some !

++

Thanks everybody for your post, they'll make me more serious in collecting seeds and report the smoke...
So 'im gonna get high :headbange

++

xOOx

titoon!, wow amazing pics man!! love the islands. yeah that stuff looks very similar to me. all scraggly looking bud when drying. and the high too! you know it now. it's that creeper high. 10 mins in, your buzzing, super happy.. 30 minutes in.. your like oh yeahh, like the hair is popping out of your head and numb face w/tingles and surging uplifting feeling from your chest outward. love it man. that's the piffy haze to me. no instant hit, very easy to overdo. if you take care of her and grow her right, she will be devastating, you wait and see. 1-2 big hits, and you'll be right there, that's all it takes. no matter how little you take of it, you will just get a shorter duration, but the same buzz ..rise , peak, and slowly let you go with euphoric feelings and slight effects for the rest of the day, less is more. try it.

xoox

titoon29

Veteran
Hi xOOx

Depending on the buds, they are mostly what you described, with some variations depending on the trichomes color so depending on the chopping time, and on the strain. But they are far from Dutch strains smoke.
Have you grown some carribean sativas indoor ?
I would love to compare indoor to outdoor grow, imo the best is outdoor for those sativas, but on the black market most herb is not properly grown, so it would be interesting to see. I don't think i'll have the time to grow that kind of sativas due to space issues, but i'll be pleased to give some seeds to my fellow sativa addicts !
Indoor the taste would be kinda different imo, maybe tastier...

++

Titoon

xOOx

nope, just grown uptown nyc/haze bagseed saved from loooongtime ago, you can look at my gallery, and that's the current girl pif/haze indoor. finished a couple weeks ago 80 days. grown under 192 watts of fluro only, very low light. but very big creeper dreamy high. the best girl i've found out of 4 girls that made it to the finish line from these seeds. there was one pretty good one (very racy) the mom died, one weak bunk mild/dirt (killed), one hermie (killed), and this one most balanced racy/dreamy+long lasting.

she is just kept now for past 2 years in mom form, not many old seeds left. most didn't germinate and i doubt anymore will. wayy too old. hope you find something nice in those seeds. clone form seems to flower much faster (clone approx 70-80 days) from seed.. took way over 100-120+ for wispy buds! so flower them slow girls out, then run clones of the good ones. unless you don't mind waiting each run.

keep the reports comin!

xoox

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
:respect: for starting this thread on your holiday titoon :respect:

Im lovin these vibe´s and have to pay a notice to these islands when planning vacation next time..

You should find great variation among the weed there, as you have! What makes me glad is all those different sativs you are sampling there brethren :D

Try to collect as many seeds as possible. Those cn hide real gems, taking note that erb can be handled very roughly over there!

G

A friend of mine has travelled quite a bit in the Caribbean and he tells me that St. Lucia, just south of Martinique has many old sativa lines from Colombia that have been growing there since the 60s and 70s, so some of those local sativas you have found could indeed produce some very good individuals if grown with care. I'm gonna start some seeds from St Lucia and other places in the caribbean sometime soon.

C

crownedsparrow

it looks beautiful there, thanks for the detailed reports! I hadn't heard of Martinique before.

titoon29

Veteran
Hi !

thx for your posts i'll take the time to reply soon...

Nice week end, made some ice o lator with half of a 250G brick...
Met a rasta grower...

Sample #4 :joint:

Less details cause i've smoked it all so can't do a live smoke report.

Smell : Quite like the others, more pepper maybe, really soft. 4/10

Bag Appeal : Best of the 4 samples i got, really sticky

Smoke : This is some strong weed... Really harsh smoke, make you cough, but i love it... Seems like the smoke is really hot, and need to be smoked along with drinking some fresh juice or water or beer.
The high is long lasting, i still felt a little stone after 6 hours...
Probably the best of all.
7/10

250G Brick
Smoke Test #5 Coming :)

Outdoor Grow :

Dutch unknown strains (all) :

DSCF2249_800x600_.jpg

DSCF2218_800x600_.jpg

The most interesting : 2 Landraces from Bagseeds

DSCF2250_800x600_.jpg

DSCF2251_800x600_.jpg

DSCF2252_800x600_.jpg