No announcement yet.

Dumpster Smoke Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in as I feel like that 10 year old smoke report is way off. I've been growing the cut for around 10 years and am quite familiar with it.

Dumpster is dense, frosty, and smells like skunky, sweet earth, with a background hint of berries. Dried and ground up I can see where someone might get citrus/pine but there is also some earth and berries in the aroma too.

The smoke is quite narcotic, stony, and heavy, and will ruin your day if you partake too early. It will also ruin social gatherings as it tends to be more of an introverted buzz. Given that though, it's perfect evening herb for pain management, relaxing, sleeping, and eating.

She's done between 60 and 65 days and tends to yield quite well though botrytis can affect some of the larger head flowers.

Serious Seeds - Serious 6 grow

Comment

Nice lookin lady there Homebrewer.

And a nice report to boot.
      https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fo...s/profiles.htm

https://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/

Comment

Never have seen it in my parts, but have heard all about it. Lemon G seems to be another fan favorite of the area.

Comment

Its always a lot of fun when you can get your hands on limited genetics like that. I'm not really social enough to manage that generally though. Anyway, nice report.
          Seedbay is back!!!!

Klompen's Evolving Chaos 2020 Style

Klompen's Somewhat Less Chaotic 2020 Grow

Comment

Originally posted by Klompen View Post
            Its always a lot of fun when you can get your hands on limited genetics like that. I'm not really social enough to manage that generally though. Anyway, nice report.

Me neither but somehow I've had a few cuts land in my lap.

Stay Active and things just seem to happen.
            https://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fo...s/profiles.htm

https://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by MJPassion View Post
              Me neither but somehow I've had a few cuts land in my lap.

Stay Active and things just seem to happen.
              Thanks. I have been gifted with good genetics before but lost all of them to an AC failure during a heatwave while I was on a family vacation. Still, nothing I had was totally oddball. They were all based on major strain lines(C99, Diesel, some landraces, etc). The most unique thing I had was this local plant I found in my own compost pile. In fact it was the thing that got me smoking in the first place. I have no idea where the seed for it came from, and it wasn't incredibly strong or anything, but it had this really fun high and had these bright pink flowers. I don't think I have any beans of it anymore and even if I did they're probably pollinated by industrial hemp(which is EVERYWHERE around here). If only I had known the things I do these days, I would have cloned that girl and used it for breeding projects. Like I said, she wasn't especially strong, but it was a giggly and energetic sativa high, and it was one that lasted a long time too....
              Seedbay is back!!!!

Klompen's Evolving Chaos 2020 Style

Klompen's Somewhat Less Chaotic 2020 Grow

Comment

Originally posted by Homebrewer View Post
                I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in as I feel like that 10 year old smoke report is way off. I've been growing the cut for around 10 years and am quite familiar with it.

Dumpster is dense, frosty, and smells like skunky, sweet earth, with a background hint of berries. Dried and ground up I can see where someone might get citrus/pine but there is also some earth and berries in the aroma too.

The smoke is quite narcotic, stony, and heavy, and will ruin your day if you partake too early. It will also ruin social gatherings as it tends to be more of an introverted buzz. Given that though, it's perfect evening herb for pain management, relaxing, sleeping, and eating.

She's done between 60 and 65 days and tends to yield quite well though botrytis can affect some of the larger head flowers.

View Image
                Damn Homebrewer...Your flowers are always sooo sexy. And thanks for the excellent smoke report
                POSITIVELY ORGANOLEPTIC

You are where you have always been. -Bagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi

The problem is people are being hated when they are real, and being loved when they are fake. -Bob Marley

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. -Mark Twain

I am loving awareness -Ram Dass

Comment

View Image
                  You still growing with Dyna Gro?
                  The older I get, the better I was.
                  I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
                  The purpose of life in a capitalistic, puritanical society is to produce and consume goods. Tom Robbins- Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
                  Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
                  A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.

Comment

Originally posted by EvergreenState View Post
                    You still growing with Dyna Gro?

I am! It's been very easy to use over the years and has given me the best results of any plant food. But it's not like DG is putting pixie dust in their bottles, it's just water and mineral salts and I happen to like the mineral content of the bottles that I use.

In regards to dumpster - I'd also add that I think of it as a grower's plant. Strong stems, easy to trim, good yields, potent smoke, and very fragrant. While I'm a sativa guy, I do enjoy all herb, dumpster though is a little heavy for my tastes. I'm just sensitive to the heavy, introverted, chill-out herb I guess. I prefer what I'd call social, good mood, party herb.

Comment

I agree on all points about the Dyna Gro. I've had beautiful plants everytime using their complete and well balanced nutrients. Never any signs of nutrient deficiencies, always very firm, healthy branches; I think a big part of branch health and strength is due to their silicone product Pro Tekt.
                      You also have to use very little of their nutrients. Good stuff.
                      The older I get, the better I was.
                      I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
                      The purpose of life in a capitalistic, puritanical society is to produce and consume goods. Tom Robbins- Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
                      Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
                      A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.

Comment

View Image
                        I'd have to say I disagree with almost everything you've stated here. Many people "in the know" (that have had the cut since the 1990's) back up the original smoke report. By the way, the guy giving the initial smoke report is somewhat of a legend in the industry and is known for his knowledge and experience. To each their own, therefore I had to put my opinion out there.
                        "Put your feet on higher ground, Spread your blessings to those who need found."

"If it's worth doing, It's worth overdoing"

Comment

Density and Dumpster isn't an association I would personally make.
                          sigpic
                          Quality Over Quantity
                          Keep it clean, keep it green!
                          Wishlist: Urkle, Runtz, Mac1
                          If there's ever anything I can help with, feel free to pm me!

Comment

Originally posted by sqwirl View Post
                            I'd have to say I disagree with almost everything you've stated here. Many people "in the know" (that have had the cut since the 1990's) back up the original smoke report. By the way, the guy giving the initial smoke report is somewhat of a legend in the industry and is known for his knowledge and experience. To each their own, therefore I had to put my opinion out there.

Anyone who describes Dumpster's buzz as 'social euphoric sativa-leaning' either doesn't know sativas or doesn't have dumpster.

I'd also add that those dried flower pics in the original post look like absolute garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by sqwirl View Post
                              dude what happened with your dumpster pollen chuck project ? ijs

Comment

Working...
                              X