What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse Seeds' "Hawaiian Snow" grow/smoke report

mastergrow

High everyone... :wave: ...and congrats to GHS for their recent 420 cup win w/ this strain!

Greenhouse Seeds said:
Description:
GREEN HOUSE Hawaiian Snow:

Awards: 1st prize HTCC 2003 Pedigree: Hawaiian x Laos Strength: Powerful creative high and a delightfully smooth stoned feeling.
THC: 23.7%
CBD: 1.1%
CBN: 0.8%
Flowering Time:
Indoor: 12 to 13 weeks Expected yield of 550 to 600 gr/sqm.
Outdoor: it will be finished by the beginning of November in the Northern hemisphere.
In the Southern hemisphere finishesby late July. Voted at the Cannabis Cup as the best quality cannabis made in 2003 in Holland. A true must for all growers.

I germed 4 HS seeds (standard), and ended up w/ all 4 being female. I grew them in ProMix, and fed them w/ liquid organic nutes...generally at half suggested strength.

They were vegged under a 400w halide for 45 days @ 18/6, and flowered @ 12/12 under a 400w HPS w/ five 42w spiral flourescent table lamps for side light. The 4 plants ranged from 56-74 days in flowering time (much shorter time than expected), and ended up being between 3 and 4 feet tall at harvest in 3 gal pots.

This is a pretty stinky strain during flower.

I ended up w/ 97g of dried, manicured, cured bud total from all 4 plants...slightly below my usual average per plant. I'm sure that a much better yield could be had w/ larger pots and more room and light...these 4 were grown in a 4x4' closet space w/ 8 other ladies.

I observed 2 phenos...pics 1,3, and 5 are of pheno #1, and 2,4, and 6 are of pheno #2

click to enlarge

Of the 4 plants, one was pheno 1, and three were pheno 2.

The pheno#1 plant was the first HS harvested @ day 56, and was also the lowest yielding (20g). This plant reminded me alot of C99 in taste, form, and flowertime. It had almost a "rotten meat" smell during flower, and a strong soapy, sour grapefruit taste and smell at harvest, which has mellowed some after a month of cure.

The pheno#2 plant pictured was the last HS harvested... cut on day 74. This pheno was more like what I expected in form. It had a more pleasant "herbal" smell during flower, and a milder, sweeter, pineapple-grapefruit taste and smell after harvest.

The smoke from both phenos was smooth and potent. The buzz is strong and long-lasting, and about 50/50 in head and body, but it will put you to sleep if you over-indulge. I wouldn't recommend it as a "wake & baker"...you'll go out to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, only to discover that you've forgotten what you went out there for. :pointlaug It's better left until you're over halfway through your day, IMHO.

I doubt any of my Hawaiian Snow plants would win awards, but keep in mind that I have only grown out 4 plants. I have no doubt of this strain's ability to produce some of the strongest smoke out there. Overall, I would rate it 8.5 out of 10 from my limited encounter w/ this strain.

- Mastergrow

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
Hello Mastergrow, nice write up on the Hawaiian Snow. I've never smoked the HS straight up but your report gave me the right idea. Thanks!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Great report. :yes:

I smoked some at the cup. Real nice wake'n'bake strain, not too strong, but a real clear and long lasting high. :wink:

guineapig

Veteran
I've been waiting to see an HS report for some time now....i always thought the
Greenhouse-produced photos (and video) didn't show off the amount of crystals
that i see with these pics....now i am quite convinced that this is a great strain, i
love the bud-structure as well....

keep up the good work!!!

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Interesting to see a +ve Greenhouse review.

I have yet to pop some SSH.... And you know how people go on and on about GH vs . Shanti. Will be sure to post my results!

Plants look gr8.

mastergrow

Thanks everyone...nice to see some familiar faces in here! I'm still planning on doing reports on the Destroyer and Dream Goddess that are from the same grow as these Hawaiian Snow plants.

MickeyBlue42 said:
Interesting to see a +ve Greenhouse review.

I have yet to pop some SSH.... And you know how people go on and on about GH vs . Shanti. Will be sure to post my results!

Plants look gr8.

I'll be looking forward to that MB42! I have GHS Neville's Haze and SSH seeds that I plan to grow later this year, but I've got Amnesia Haze, F-13, and Nebula going now.
:off2:
oops....sorry. MG