What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spice Brothers - A11 (F2)

V

vonforne

Nice work A.N. I like the Spice Bros work and have had very good luck with their gear. Keep us posted.

V

A.N.Other

smelltheflowers said:
I am aiming for .5 grams per watt, so 200 grams. Does this sound reasonable with 4 plants under 400 watts veg'd for 2-3 months?

aloha smelltheflowers, that estimate will not be a problem man if you've got the space dialled in ok. she isn't a slack yielder by any stretch. keep us updated with progress, and welcome to icmag, often feisty but ever entertaining. :wave:

vonforne said:
Nice work A.N. I like the Spice Bros work and have had very good luck with their gear. Keep us posted.

ola V, i guess the reputation is based on interblurb in fighting, which i try to ignore although it occasionally brings out my sarcastic side. a11 is the only line from them i have tried so i can't go beyond that, it would be interesting to know which of their x's you have enjoyed.

G

AN you really seem to have your setup dialed in, you have some of the most beautiful buds I have ever seen, on all 4 of your reports.

What is your lighting source?

And if you don't mind me asking, are you growing in a cab or a room?

The reason I am so interested is I'd like to replicate your buds as well as I possibly can

Also, what is "medium - soiless, JI + perlite + worm casts" ? I am unfamiliar with JI, I know what perlite and castings are though.

I see you use biobizz grow/bloom, cannazym, rhizotonic, and pk1314 - is there anything else you use? What is your oppinion on using chemicals in your grow? Do you think the cannazym, rhizotonic, or pk1314 could leave any chemicals in the buds because they're not organic based?

I am thinking about doing a 2 to 4 plant SCROG in a C24 cabinet with a air cooled 400 watt. Do you think I could get .5 gpw and nice compact nuggets like yours? A c24 is a cabinet at home depot that is 48" long, 21" deep, and 72" tall. I will only be using 48" in height, and only 24" of that will be for the plant "scrog"

Last edited:

A.N.Other

Anya m ji fu gi egbulam, good to see you, smelltheflowers. :wave: basic lighting specs are in the post above. JI is a pre mixed loam based compost, copy this link or this link for links to the make up. it comes in three basic mixes, one with low nutrience (seedlings, rooting cuts etc), and second for young plants with higher levels of nutes and a third fairly hot mix for mature plants.

biobizz grow/bloom, cannazym, rhizotonic, and pk1314, that pretty much covers the current food regime, a couple of extras to encourage micro life but that's about it. i don't mind using chemical ferts sparingly, a good leaching period towards harvest is something i do routinely anyway. i'm not rabidly organic but have experimented with fully organic mixes but i can't get the same consistancy. if i was running drain to waste in a hydro system chucking a ton of chemicals down the drain every week or spraying an open field with a chemical miticide (damn borg!) i'd probably feel a little guilty though! i reckon growing is like everything, simply "being organic" isn't the be all and end all answer whether your motives are being green or getting the best product. that's probably a thread of it's own though!

you should hit your .5 gpw target and if you don't first go with the strain because something goes wrong or whatever learn from it and try again. everything you have said indicates you are thinking all the right thoughts so no problem :D :yes:. 400w and a c24 cabs seems to be a common combination, track a thread down by a grower with one and compare notes.

been smoking some a11 tonight and am happy and buzzy even before an enforced period of sobriety and straightness, it's that kind of weed. always with the positive spin!

good luck with the grow. :D

G

unfortunately i dont have the cash to build my cab , i will have 2 save up for a few months :(

Gert Lush

Veteran
A.N.Other said:
if you were partying, or kicking a hacky sack around i'd say choose the a11, if you were going to be rapping with some literate mates then i'd probably reach for the satori jar. i guess it's difficult to explain without resorting to analogy, the satori is a deep, thought inspiring novel, the a11 is witty, live poetry.
Hah, that SO much reflects my own experience, you could have taken the words from my mouth! :wave:
Funny thing is, though, I've never grown SpiceBros A11 F2s or Satori!
Let me elucidate:-
For about a year and a half now I have been growing out SB's (A11(g)xLH)xA11(g). So it's basically - if I can use such a crude analogy - about 75% Apollo11 with a 25% LieuHanh (= NHx Viet). In practice that just means an Apollo with an extra little wicked twist from the LieuHanh.

I loved this weed so much that I kept three different mothers, and I've still got some seeds left over. This weed has made quite an impression everywhere that it's been sampled, and I'm pleased to say that a few clones seem to have popped up in our locality. I originally got the seeds 'cause I was looking for "genius weed", you know, stuff to inspire.... Funnily enough, my Apollo11LHs didn't do that job as well as I required but they did produce a seriously sociable, loquacious, soulful weed. Of all the 30-odd strains I have sampled over the last two years, it is by far the one that makes me most altruistic, most able to see the other person's point of view, the one that really lets me drop harsh mental judgement! So even though it is no longer my absolute favourite, I'm still keeping it, and it will be around for a while, I can tell you.

Although this strain grows pretty much exactly like Apollo (those pics of your look exrtemely familiar), it has a far more "kitcheny" smell to it (from the hazy side of the LH I imagine) Some peeps describe it as "burger", some as "onion stew", some as "sour milky", or even "dog breath" with the Apollo lemoniness coming through more or less depending on the pheno. Great yielder and very crystally, of course. But no longer my favourite. :wink:

So which is my current favourite? Well, the one that filled the "genius" stakes for me, the one to go for when you want that brainstorm of enlightening ideas that still make sense after you're stoned, the weed for writing that "thought inspiring novel" as you put it, was a Nepali-leaning F2 pheno of ACE's NepJam. This is essentially a Nepalese Highland sativa, just like the Satori is.

I can tell you it's quite gratifying to see that results from completely different grows match up so well, and that desirable genetic characteristics like these are being isolated and preserved despite the melee of the commercial seed scene.

So, many thanks for your report A.N.Other!

Gert Lush

Veteran
Just a little addendum.

The A11LH also does very well in lower light conditions, and is extremely resilient outdoors in the UK. Last year I planted a tiny clone out beginning of September!!! and harvested it in November! It took three serious frosts before it was really damaged.

I wish I had somewhere to do a proper outdoor gro. Oh, well, maybe next year.

G

How many females did you have AN?
If you had more than one, did you have any different phenos?

A.N.Other

sawaat dii gert, always good to see a fellow ukgrower. :wave: a11lh sounds like a nice and very interesting cross, and sounds like it would work well in a green house in the uk. the way you describe the high sounds very nice and like you say sounds like there is a lot of apollo in the high. many crosses done with her seem to retain her 'star' qualities. how was the flower time on them inside? outdoor flower time sounds good, i reckon nov. under glass (or polycarbonate!) here is very feasible. a bros has my a11 cut outdoors so i'll get a chance to sample it outdoor with any luck, certainly seems to have brushed off this poor weather of late.

the nepjam is something i have looked at a few times and eventually satori got the nod over it. by the sounds of it when i go looking for a satori mother some nepjams may have to find their way in there. i absolutely adore the high of the satori. it really is perfect headstash weed. i always like to imagine that this would probably the weed of choice for any wizened, peaceful mountain folk, contemplating the world and discussing the ways to spiritual advancement with their wizened friends perched on a rock formation, perhaps surrounded by some kind of flock, maybe even in the dawn mist if i am feeling particularly inspired! hehe. that sentence, sponsored by nepalese weed! hehe

so does the nepjam grow much like the satori? or at least would they be happy side by side?

thanks for stopping by gert, and thanks for the good vibes! take care man. :wave:

ola smelltheflowers. mostly they have been space fillers but a full pack got put out first. been through a few now.

a.n.other said:
generally across the population i have found two main phenotypes show themselves in flowering. both are fairly consistant in flower structure (one slightly airier than the other) and flowering time, the main difference is in the level of stretch and the amount of useable seconday growth.

good luck getting your grow together :joint:

southpaw

A.N.Other said:
the nepjam is something i have looked at a few times and eventually satori got the nod over it. by the sounds of it when i go looking for a satori mother some nepjams may have to find their way in there. i absolutely adore the high of the satori. it really is perfect headstash weed. i always like to imagine that this would probably the weed of choice for any wizened, peaceful mountain folk, contemplating the world and discussing the ways to spiritual advancement with their wizened friends perched on a rock formation, perhaps surrounded by some kind of flock, maybe even in the dawn mist if i am feeling particularly inspired! hehe. that sentence, sponsored by nepalese weed! hehe

:

A.N., that paragraph f*cking made my afternoon. Here's to peaceful moutain folk, wherever they are still hanging on. And to Nepalese genetics. :rasta:

Gert Lush

Veteran
A.N.Other said:
how was the flower time on them inside?
Apollo11_LH inside - 8 to 9 weeks, just like the Apollo. The Haze component didn't mess up the flowering time at all. One of Fet's best offerings, IMHO.

so does the nepjam grow much like the satori? or at least would they be happy side by side?
Haven't seen them side-by-side, but from what I can make out from pics, the Satori is much stretchier (even though it's got a more rounded, oval, leaf) The nepjam is very compact, like an an indica (my keepers are, anyway) and done in 8-9 weeks, as well, so a bit quicker than the satori, I think.

thanks for stopping by gert, and thanks for the good vibes! take care man. :wave:
My total pleasure. I predict a Nepalese "revolution"!

A.N.Other

hola gert :wave:

that a11nh sounds like a good strain. definately piqued an interest. nepjam and more satori first though! the satori are vigorous growers in flower but i can't quite bring myself to consider it stretch, they put on some height in early flower but the stems are plenty fat enough to hold them well and most of the stretch fills in nicely to create some big colas.

i reckon the nepalese, though often inspired, are probably fed up with revolution. i'm sure some peace, love and good highland hash would go down well across the world. :joint:

hehe, hola southpaw, that made me chuckle, i'm glad you liked it. :wave:

this guy knows all about a good nepali...

14246NepaliRiverMan.jpg

Last edited:
i have a bunch of apollo 13 F2s but never got a chance to try the apollo 11.

a friend sent me some of his. the spice bothers package says A11 Spice Bros. i'm so high i thought it said all spice bros. then i found this post and the light went on. love the first high of the day. :)

i'll be putting them in water tomorrow. thank you for the description A.N.Other. just what i was looking for.

BOZWELL

uberPheno said:
fet=what is spice bros now...dman has nothing to do with them anymore...i dunno maybe fet's still working some of the lines, i know he did most of the bros' f2's and the nh/303...dman did more of the endless sky/silver spice/orange spice/black spice/sunshine daydream/dew/rw13 kinda stuff...the bullshit that went on forever between rez n fet was enough to drive me away from both, but imo dman's crosses trump those two anyways

Id kill or sell body parts to have some red widow 13 :headbange

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i'm in agreement on the redwidow(maker?)13 .

For those that grew/smoked multiple kinds of A11 (airbourne, G-pheno, etc) which was your favorite? I've heard from many that Genius is just a better A11? If looking for A11 or Genius, where would the best place to get it be? What's your favorite A11 hybrid (i.e. Blue Apollo)

Thanks!

ArcticBlast

PPP

Anyone heard about Fet? Many good memories of his A11.

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Great report man. A11 is definitely one of my favorite smokes and will continue to be in my garden. I didn't know there were other breeders with A11 than JW. I'll have to check that out :).
Edit: Damn, lol... Missed 'em by a couple of years.

i'm in agreement on the redwidow(maker?)13 .

For those that grew/smoked multiple kinds of A11 (airbourne, G-pheno, etc) which was your favorite? I've heard from many that Genius is just a better A11? If looking for A11 or Genius, where would the best place to get it be? What's your favorite A11 hybrid (i.e. Blue Apollo)

Thanks!

ArcticBlast
The genius leaning plants are wonderful. Thought provoking and lemony :).

I think JW is the only one who sells A11. He does a great job.

Here's an A11 thread I like to visit once in a while if you guys wanna check it out. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=191154

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I never ordered from there but its been stated by others, even seedmakers whos seeds the site claimed to have, that canadianhempco is a scam.
Yeah I was actually looking at Apollo 11 on that exact site the other day.

But even if they weren't a scam I doubt the seeds would be viable. Spice Bros stopped making seeds quite a while ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts