What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

T

THCV

i just got the Natural Goods vape, which is a cheaper version of the super vapezilla. It's half the price but 95% as good, and the flavor delivery of the all-glass vaping systems i have found to be best for getting that "holy shit this TW tastes awesome!" taste. Highly recommended, espcially for T-dub-heads. I also have the vapor genie, which is a close second in TW flavor performance, and the vapir one bag system is dead last. Vaping with that piece of shit, i am always wondering why my TW doesn't taste as good as i expect. Well, never again!

I've grown TW before, and there is a tolerance factor to be considered.

As for it growing like a bitch, you have to know how to bring out her potential indoors. I used to get almost 2lbs off 1000K regularly. I say used to because I lost the strain due to mislabeling.

--Herbsman_OS

G

It really comes down to how it's grown, I've had TW that blew me away and was some of the best stuff I've ever had. But, it's alot more common to come in contact with shitty TW as I've only met a hand full of people that could bring out the true potential. Keep it green.

T

THCV

most people cut it too early. greedy bastards. sure, it'll work and look frosty at 45 days, but wait til 55 and yield goes waaay up, as does fragrance and potency. It's true, most of the TW around is mids, but that's because of bad or impatient growers, not because of bad genetics. Thing is, in places where TW is available, most people really want some sort of Kush instead, so people don't put the effort into TW, like so many sativas. Really too bad, because when it's good, it is soo good.

I think too many people think that the best thing about TW is how fast it is (6-7 weeks). But if you treat it as a 8-9 week strain, you'll get a lot more out of it.

THCzr

i dont know why everyones first smell screams "lemon" i dont think it smells like lemons at all!

more like puke, rotten meat and menthol imo.

i am not a big TW fan, because the smell is so obnoxious , not that it's really that strong of a smell just so foul. i open a jar up and i find myself thinkin "nah, i think i'll put this one back and try something else."

pain in the ass to grow (more often than not she's gonna need some serious support)

moderate yield , yeah it's not the worst yielder i've grown.....

flavor... well like it's been said here, the first few hits are ok, taste similar to the smell, but she loses her spunk pretty quick.... and i do agree there is some old school flavor in there somewhere, tastes like something i've had before..... but can't put my finger on it.

anyway , my opinion of TW is that it is a mediocre plant, with hermie issues, fun to try a few times, but if overdone it is easy to get sick of.

here are a couple shots of my TW so you guys don't just think i'm talkin shit.

563bag_o_wrizzle.jpg

563closer_bag_o_wrizzle.jpg

THC

Last edited:
G

THCV said:
It's true, most of the TW around is mids, but that's because of bad or impatient growers, not because of bad genetics.

so so true, thcv is wise beyond his years, lol. and also the reason why people come into this thread to say its way overrated.

and if you dont have much experience growing sativas or other lanky plants that need support and different strength feedings, give her a couple more runs before you toss her. sativas can be tricky and the results can flat-out suck if they arent treated "just exactly perfect." but if you work on dialing them in, the difference is like night and day. :joint:

G

THCzr said:
i dont know why everyones first smell screams "lemon" i dont think it smells like lemons at all!
that's because they probably ain't got the real deal

THCzr said:
more like puke, rotten meat and menthol imo.
and you sir....have found it from the description of the smell. Mine is EXACTLY the same. Somebody once described it as a mentholated dead whale carcass soaked in pine sol. pretty close.

edit to add: I won't even think of taking mine before 60 days, and the last couple I let her go to 70.....and she just plain pins ya to the couch and won't let go.

Ain't seen ya in a while THCzr....stankbud says hello.

Last edited:

masterlow37

Veteran
TrainWreck ~ Outdoor Grown ?

TrainWreck ~ Outdoor Grown ?

:wave: how well does TW do outdoors and about when is the outdoor finish time ? Thanks

Germanator

Herbsman, 2Lb off a single 1000? That is a nice number brother, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of set-up did you achieve those numbers in?

TW is a special smoke, much love to the sativa growers of the world.

Germ

Germanator said:
Herbsman, 2Lb off a single 1000? That is a nice number brother, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of set-up did you achieve those numbers in?

TW is a special smoke, much love to the sativa growers of the world.

Germ

One thing about TW is that it'll stretch when you switch from Veg to Flower. Prior to flowering, they would be about 12-18 inches tall. Sometimes I'd top them, and other times I wouldn't. It depends how much light was getting on the bud sites. I probably had about 15-16 plants under one 1000K within a hydro set-up using rockwool as my medium. I used Super Veg/Bloom A&B for my nutrients. I've had grown TW for several cycles, and from my observations, the way to get the max yield is to veg them a little longer and put them out there at about 12-18 inches. Make sure you stake the branches or use a trellis because the buds will topple over, that was one of the problems I had to deal with. TW will produce....It seems like it wants to produce for you. I'm in the process of looking for some more TW clones. Hope this helps you Germanator

JDOG6000

Veteran
The TW I've smoked had a real lemon Sour Menthol taste and smell.
Is that what the real TW smells like.
The Sour Menthol being the strongest smell and taste.

mtnjohn

Veteran
i most def got that old skewll flavor when i smoked it...
i liked it , but i will have to see for myself when i grow it.....thats the "real" test
mj

nice thread H&L

G

hey all, last night i pulled a big nuggie outta a jar of some other weed, and was gettin ready to toke it, was lookin for a film case(there scattered everywhere here,lol) to put the extra in, and picked up a film case that had a stone rollin around in it, hard little nuggie.

im always happy when i find misplaced bud. anyway i open it up, not knowin whats in there, and take a big wiff, TW, left over ftom the 4th of july:D

took me a bit to remember where/when i had put it in there. so of course, i forgot about the other bud, misplaced it somewhere, lol. got right down to fixin a bowl, and there was enough to fill my piece up.

7month cured TW, is the best sample i have smoked to date, lemon/lime paint thinner, smooth as silk, leavin a lemon thinner on the palate, and head bangin potentcy, really strong, every toke rang the bell. 5 good pulls and i was fried, all to the head, and just kept buildin.

very very good smoke, i have never smoked bud cured that long, and im gonna have to put a small jar back of every harvest in the future, till i get a good stash back, and replenishin everytime now.

the smoke was so good, i dont even want to smoke weed with out a long cure, impressed the shit outta me.

CBF

G

awesome write-up cbf, that sounds delicious! :) i love a good long cure, i hardly ever can let it cure for over two months without going crazy though, lol. sounds llike i should try it with tw though.