What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which genes for nutty, pecan, walnut, hazelnut smells?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything out there like that?

EDIT: Meant this to be posted in Strains and Hybrids sorry to intrude in wrong forum :p although it is not too far off.

frostqueen

I just finished a run of Deep Chunk from KOS (Kingdom Organic Seeds). They have a bit of that going on. I was reminded a lot of late 90s Masterkush, but there is also a nutty chocolatey undertone happening in a few of them, especially after a month in the jar. 'Hazelnut' is pretty specific and I wouldn't go that far, but definitely nutty.

MindEater

lots have hazelnut but doesnt stay around all that strong, at least for me.

This trichome shaped chart says those are all high boiling point aromas. Also noticed caramel is up there, a lot of my bud smells like caramel popcorn after it's been vaporized but that's not a Cannabis metabolite, it has no flavor and can't be separated from the plant material,while bud that smells like caramel before being consumed generally tastes like caramel while being consumed.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1358/0*5AEPu-ENdKi-YNk1..

Only nutty weed I ever smelled (going back to the age of 6 where I first became intrigued by Cannabis) reminded me of a Chinese restaurant, wonder what that is? Maybe it has more to do with the way its grown, lots of bud in AZ had identical oak leaf mold/rotting peanut shell smells and I know it was not the strains natural smell because it was all strains I had known for years and many I was growing at the time. The only clues I have is that on one occasion I bought a sack of Ghost OG from a delivery service, and instead of the typical OG w lime meringue residual, the small buds had a pleasing peanut butter hash flavor yet as the buds got bigger the flavor transformed into that rotten acorn smell, more unbearable with diminishing effect as size increased, indicating (to me) mold/rot and/or mold/rot treatment. Same thing with a Starkiller picked up from an AZ dispensary, pleasant familiar lemony peanut butter flavor, so I went back for more and the jar had been refilled, I asked for bigger buds and would you believe it, the bigger buds all tasted like disgusting decayed peanut shells, the smell even the feel it left on your hands made you instinctively want to wash up with bleach. Lots of things being attributed to genes that have nothing to do with genes, obviously. You couldn't get a Kush or Sour in AZ that didn't smell like peanuts or acorns in varying degrees of decay.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Had some Peanut Butter Breath recently

It really did have a nutty sesquiterpene scent, think it came from a 10 pack.

Worth checking out...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This trichome shaped chart says those are all high boiling point aromas. Also noticed caramel is up there, a lot of my bud smells like caramel popcorn after it's been vaporized but that's not a Cannabis metabolite, it has no flavor and can't be separated from the plant material,while bud that smells like caramel before being consumed generally tastes like caramel while being consumed.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1358/0*5AEPu-ENdKi-YNk1..

Only nutty weed I ever smelled (going back to the age of 6 where I first became intrigued by Cannabis) reminded me of a Chinese restaurant, wonder what that is? Maybe it has more to do with the way its grown, lots of bud in AZ had identical oak leaf mold/rotting peanut shell smells and I know it was not the strains natural smell because it was all strains I had known for years and many I was growing at the time. The only clues I have is that on one occasion I bought a sack of Ghost OG from a delivery service, and instead of the typical OG w lime meringue residual, the small buds had a pleasing peanut butter hash flavor yet as the buds got bigger the flavor transformed into that rotten acorn smell, more unbearable with diminishing effect as size increased, indicating (to me) mold/rot and/or mold/rot treatment. Same thing with a Starkiller picked up from an AZ dispensary, pleasant familiar lemony peanut butter flavor, so I went back for more and the jar had been refilled, I asked for bigger buds and would you believe it, the bigger buds all tasted like disgusting decayed peanut shells, the smell even the feel it left on your hands made you instinctively want to wash up with bleach. Lots of things being attributed to genes that have nothing to do with genes, obviously. You couldn't get a Kush or Sour in AZ that didn't smell like peanuts or acorns in varying degrees of decay.

If you have never had anything with G-13 in it you really need to. Fuckin incredible hazelnut taste and smell. I don't know why it skipped my brain other than I mostly had it in crosses that it was buried in but yet still shown through in flavor and smell.

So we have peanut and hazelnut so far. Killer Queen is amazing hazelnut red fruit. Lets see if we can build the list.

NEED 4 SEED

I had a Dinafem cheese with peanut smell wich was very pronounced. Did make a lot of seeds with it but it has been 8 years ago and peanut isn't my favourite smell so they still haven't been grown...

elanius

Veteran
A lot of hazelnut smells in DjShorts genes, even Blueberry indica had several phenos and ofcourse Cocoa Kush is heavy on the nutty smell, just not very loud terps for that one

Wild Seed

Lucky 13 have the peanut butter Herijuana and peanut butter with Cookies and OG crosses.

Had a Jack Herer that was walnut, almond and pistachio, with black pepper and musky vanilla.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a Jack Herer that was walnut, almond and pistachio, with black pepper and musky vanilla.

Okay now I find that extremely interesting. I hate the black pepper in some jack phenos but walnut/almond sounds awesome and maybe the vanilla would temper the pepper? Do you know whose jack herer line?

madalasatori

Veteran
I have a purple punch x slurricane cross that I think smells primarily of hazelnut, very unusual.

It is potent, has great resin production, decent yield, very nice flower to leaf ratio and fully done in 8 weeks.

Shame I very nearly killed it and am currently trying to nurse it back to life.. fingers crossed it makes it and I’ll be able to give some clones out as a backup in case of future mishaps:headbange