What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So much for MTF... 36%THC!!!!!!!

Teh_Baker

I remember a time when the elusive Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck was the holy grail of strains. With a purported 32% thc content, it was supposedly the strongest shit ever. But it was as good as a ghost. Even if you could find clones, be prepared to shell out $100 per.

Well now... i still never got MTF, even to smoke. But today i have something special... its called golden lemmons, yes with 2 "m"s. Tested by SClabs, it has a heart pounding 35.9% thc!
picture.php

Thats right people, 35.9% i just cant believe it. I got an eight of the top 3, and have only smoke the golden state banana. Over 30% and my head is a little bit twisty right now... lets be honest though, i warmed up with a dab of The White crumble... off the smoke the golden lemons now... ill be back...

meadowman

most likely cannabinoid content, not just thc. plants with 20% thc can be more potent then 25%…..a lot to do with terps.

Teh_Baker

I dont understand why it's so hard to believe... everyone believed that MTF was 32%... and i think for a lot of growers, 32% was the goal number to shoot for. Once someone achieves a certain number, thats where the bar is...

And by the way, the smoke was incredible, 36% or not! It had an earthy lemon flavor, not in your face like lemon durban. And as i had previously said, i was not sober going in. In fact i am never sober, i stay as high as ossicones. Anyways, within 10 seconds of my first toke i was hit in the face with a soft sledge hammer, like a heavy pillow, lets call it a sledge-pillow. After this my vision seemed to be disconnected with feeling somehow. Like me consciousness was no longer attached to my body, but i could still control it...

Moral of the story is: Even though i had just dabbed The White and smoked a fatty of Golden State Bananas, Golden lemmons, no matter the disputed thc content, was the one that really got me faded like a black t-shirt. And i smoke all day long!

I remember a time when the elusive Alaskan Matanuska Thunderfuck was the holy grail of strains. With a purported 32% thc content, it was supposedly the strongest shit ever. But it was as good as a ghost. Even if you could find clones, be prepared to shell out $100 per.

Well now... i still never got MTF, even to smoke. But today i have something special... its called golden lemmons, yes with 2 "m"s. Tested by SClabs, it has a heart pounding 35.9% thc!
View Image

Thats right people, 35.9% i just cant believe it. I got an eight of the top 3, and have only smoke the golden state banana. Over 30% and my head is a little bit twisty right now... lets be honest though, i warmed up with a dab of The White crumble... off the smoke the golden lemons now... ill be back...

Why are all the different strains posted in colours i dont think labs do that for test results. Kind of silly.

MTF is a myth i talked to a dude who has lived in that area for 40 years and said people in the area started passing around the myth of some amazing cut that didnt even exsist. Its elusive because its not real dont feel bad you didnt have something thats nonsense. Lol idk how a cut thats not real hit 32% :laughing:

F

fatalxerror

Does no one know that in certain states the testing rules for potency are so lax that you can have an allowable 5-15% difference. That means if your strain is really 11% they can say it's 26% surprise! It says so right on the damn package.

If you don't go to a real lab to get it tested like Steep Hill or another. Most of the time test results are BS like the ones posted above from BSlabs. I've walked into some shops that are selling 35% strains and I laugh and walk out.

Clubs can't even be honest about the strain they sell you..That's why there's Platinum this, and Monster that, but really it's just cookies or J-Herer. They just want you to think they have something exclusive... Give it a smell, feel how it breaks down and go by that. All those numbers they throw at you are BS!

Super Silver Haze and OG Kush used to test around 20% consistently, and now they are 30% strains!? Puuuh-Leeez! There's a car shop down the way that will let your ride pass smog guaranteed for an extra fee too..:jerkit:

Drewsif

I've seen 37.5% claims from WA. Here's a pic
onthdlQ.jpg

I believe it comes down to testing standards. I have piles of results in front of me and the calculations still don't make sense. It should be straightforward thc+thca cbd+cbda but it isn't. And when you think it's total cannabinoids, whip out the Calc and the numbers don't match... Of course Im in AZ so the labs are more paranoid Im a cop than actually transparent with their methodology.

Kinda like a drug urine test, everyone has cannabinoid levels. The threshold value is arbitrary, just some random number they decide on. Different at each lab.

Anyway, the highest I've been was surely off some >10%thc, with a natural mixture of cannabinoids, and combined terpenes forming new substances altogether... But the strongest, most potent microgram for microgram has been a Starkiller from seed,sadly no test because I wasn't expecting much (had zero taste/smell)

Last edited:

Drewsif

Does no one know that in certain states the testing rules for potency are so lax that you can have an allowable 5-15% difference. That means if your strain is really 11% they can say it's 26% surprise! It says so right on the damn package.

If you don't go to a real lab to get it tested like Steep Hill or another. Most of the time test results are BS like the ones posted above from BSlabs. I've walked into some shops that are selling 35% strains and I laugh and walk out.

That would mean 11% +/- 15% of that rating=9.35-12.66%, its a 15% margin, not just piling 15%thc on top. Of cours they test the best tops which could be a dissected pile of keef for all we know, and sell wet untrimmed larf with the same rating attached. Its almost as pointless as mold testing. Whats in the bag isn't tested, the tested gram could've been the only clean gram in the room. And again like the piss test, the mold test is arbitrary. All weed tests positive for mold, they just pick a limit. Different in each lab.

35% seems unreal, they are testing full resin weight, waxes and everything, must be.

This is some of the weakest hitting bud I've had tested, going by the old tried and true 'smoke it' testing method.. Anywhere from 22 to 29% depending on how you wanna advertise it. But it hit like straight up reggie though! Thc ratings mean NOTHING.. I won't pay for cannabinoid tests anymore... I haven't been able to derive any useful info from them, when 17% hits better than 29% most the time. Probably not paying for terp tests again either, they don't even test for the ones Im interested in revealing. The terp profile is unappealingly low and the buzz is bad. I didnt need a lab result for that...
KH2D2kL.jpg

Just hard to believe this failed grow could be passed off as top shelf because of some number.. You could've been told it was from Mexico and you'd complain...

Last edited:
I dont understand why it's so hard to believe... everyone believed that MTF was 32%... and i think for a lot of growers, 32% was the goal number to shoot for. Once someone achieves a certain number, thats where the bar is...

And by the way, the smoke was incredible, 36% or not! It had an earthy lemon flavor, not in your face like lemon durban. And as i had previously said, i was not sober going in. In fact i am never sober, i stay as high as ossicones. Anyways, within 10 seconds of my first toke i was hit in the face with a soft sledge hammer, like a heavy pillow, lets call it a sledge-pillow. After this my vision seemed to be disconnected with feeling somehow. Like me consciousness was no longer attached to my body, but i could still control it...

Moral of the story is: Even though i had just dabbed The White and smoked a fatty of Golden State Bananas, Golden lemmons, no matter the disputed thc content, was the one that really got me faded like a black t-shirt. And i smoke all day long!

The only real confirmed example of someone doing over 30% is rb26 with gg4. If those numbers where true everyone would know about it not just the little shop in your area.

Lol i dont think anyone ever based their growing off the "legendary" aka non exsistant MTF. I know i never did i never even heard someone say anything other than its a myth (like crippy).

Glad you enjoyed the smoke thougj. Thats what matters most not bs numbers a plave tells you to sell shit higher price. The colourful letters are beyond stupid i still dont get that whole bit its like they are advertising to children

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
It's not over 30% THC, it's over 30% THC-Acid. There's a huge difference.

30% THC-A is equal to 26.31 THC maximum equivalent. (30 x 0.877)

0.877 = Molecular mass of THC / Molecular mass of THCA .

You also can't add THC-A and THC mg/g and then convert to % by weight, makes no sense, the lab in the pic 2 above from Drewsif is non-sense.

It's not over 30% THC, it's over 30% THC-Acid. There's a huge difference.

30% THC-A is equal to 26.31 THC maximum equivalent. (30 x 0.877)

0.877 = Molecular mass of THC / Molecular mass of THCA .

You also can't add THC-A and THC mg/g and then convert to % by weight, makes no sense, the lab in the pic 2 above from Drewsif is non-sense.

So you are saying that whole bit where rb26 ran around claiming he grows the worlds stronhest pot wasnt true? I just took his word as true because i dont give a shit either way

I dont know why people even want testing its nonsense. Its only the people who know the least about weed or the sciency folks like chimera.

I had some idiot tell me yesterday he wants a pound for less than $1000 prepackged into quarter oz with $70 UPC bar codes on them and test results. Now keep in mind the stuff he has now is all in jars with no testing and garentee hes paying more than that. I just laughed and said take care, good luck with that fantasy. Why does he feel he should buy for $1000 sell for $4500, how do i make money when retail expects to make it all. I griw a bunch of low yield high quality stuff i cant afford to sell a pound for less than 1000 nevermind the rest of the nonsense but the testing, thqts what shut down tge deal for me. Overal he was unreallistic he can go do all that himself im not desperate to vend to him.

Lol i got a laugh i saw something that said the LPs are falling short on production needs, i know lots of growers dont want to bother because morons want to pay unrealistic prices, its going to come back to bite them when they wont be able to supply themselves let alone have shit to sell because everyone quit.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
So you are saying that whole bit where rb26 ran around claiming he grows the worlds stronhest pot wasnt true? I just took his word as true because i dont give a shit either way

Nope, not saying anything about rb26. What I said exactly is quoted in your post above - let's not make it more than it is.

That said, any results are only as good as the lab that analyzes the flowers. Some labs (especially in WA) test high; this is not the purpose of a lab- the purpose of a lab is to accurately quantify the compounds present within a flower or extract.

There is a mistaken belief that the "strongest" or most "potent" pot is the pot with the highest THC concentration. This isn't the case, a 20% THC flower with the right terpene complement can be perceived as "stronger" than a flower that accurately tests at 28% THC-A.

What I am saying, however, if that someone claims the flower is 28% THC - is incorrect. Flowers rarely (if ever) test above 1% THC- the cannabinoids of non-decarboxylated flowers should always be expressed in terms of THC-A. If anyone tells you their flowers are 28% THC, they don't understand their results, or are lying to sell you something. 25% THC-A is not the same as 25% THC.

Nope, not saying anything about rb26. What I said exactly is quoted in your post above - let's not make it more than it is.

That said, any results are only as good as the lab that analyzes the flowers. Some labs (especially in WA) test high; this is not the purpose of a lab- the purpose of a lab is to accurately quantify the compounds present within a flower or extract.

There is a mistaken belief that the "strongest" or most "potent" pot is the pot with the highest THC concentration. This isn't the case, a 20% THC flower with the right terpene complement can be perceived as "stronger" than a flower that accurately tests at 28% THC-A.

What I am saying, however, if that someone claims the flower is 28% THC - is incorrect. Flowers rarely (if ever) test above 1% THC- the cannabinoids of non-decarboxylated flowers should always be expressed in terms of THC-A. If anyone tells you their flowers are 28% THC, they don't understand their results, or are lying to sell you something. 25% THC-A is not the same as 25% THC.

Ok so you didnt say anything about rb26, i did. What you said does make what rb26 was saying wrong. You broke it down exactly why all that hoopla was wrong. Sorry i didnt put the question across just right for you next time i have a question ill spend a few days and nights pondering how to word it for you.