What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Aurora Indica

Penguin59

Hi everyone,

Have just finished growing up two Nirvana Aurora Indica girls and thought I would upload a smoke report for you all.

Gotta give a big thanks to simon for his thread on drying/curing as this technique has improved the end result of the product unbelievably. The RH in the jars is stabilising now to an even 64% and I plan to cure at this rate for the next month in the dark to attain maximum potency and flavour while the next crop comes up!

Today, after 5 days of drying and 4 days of curing, I had a whole day smoking session with a mate so we could rate each girl that I grew. In short, we were absolutely blown away at the potency and texture, the product feels evenly dry on the inside and the outside now. After being grinded, all the trichomes and the fat, swollen calyxes come falling out from inside the bud and glisten when placed under a light. Just beautiful stuff!

Did not taste of anything in particular when smoked other than wonderfully smooth smoke, not too dense. When vaporised however, the aftertaste shone through and gave off a pleasant fruity, hashy taste; the odour it gave off while flowering. The buds retain the most even glow when burned and they burn down to nothing. Without a doubt this is the best weed I have ever smoked! My friend agreed.

A short summary of each plant's specific highs:

Aurora Indica 1

High creeps on slowly but hits you soon enough, stimulating the senses then descends the entire body into a deep, trance like state with eyes and head feeling very heavy. It's as if one's whole body is sinking slowly into a nice warm bath and everything feels warm. Incredibly long lasting high that starts off intense but reaches a plateau after about thirty minutes and breaks into a consistently comfortable stone from then on. No ill feelings were experienced in the slightest throughout the whole high.

Aurora Indica 2

This girl was a bit more of a psychedelic experience, but that may have been the Pink Floyd we had playing in the background at that time! First couple of hits gives the body a swelling, pleasurable feeling of focussing in and out like a whole body stretch. The mind is swirling. I notice an enhanced appreciation of the world around me and again like AI 1, the high then plateaued out into a long lasting, delightfully sedated stone. This strain would be fantastic for medicinal users. A true pure indica living up to its couch-lock genes even after being chopped 1-2 weeks early!

I would highly recommend these two girls for an after dinner/about to go to sleep smoke as you will definitely feel like hitting the bed and never getting up again. Insomnia be gone!

And now for some final dry harvest pics!:

One of the mini heads that came off the main stem
Incredibly potent little nugget!

picture.php

Glistening trichomes suddenly became more visible on the buds after curing for a few days
They were virtually non-existent after the first five days of drying

picture.php

AI 1 all jarred up
Great bag appeal IMHO

picture.php

AI 1 main cola all dried and cured
12.25g dry

picture.php

AI 1 & AI 2 in jars. RH stabilising at 64%-65% now
AI 1 came in at 37.23g, AI 2 at 32.90g

Total: 70.13g (2.5 Oz)!!!
picture.php

Happy growing!

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I've heard only good things about Aurora Indica and I think that this strain is very underrated.
Very good smoke report and pics, thanks for sharing !
Peace, HJ.

Last edited:

Penguin59

Hi HJ, thanks for stopping by!

Underrated is right mate, Aurora Indica was definitely one that surprised me with quality. I will be growing it again sometime down the track that's for sure. Was super easy to grow too.

Gifstah

Very good report, I will definitely be ordering a pack of these.
I have also only heard good things of Aurora Indica, and am considering it to be one of my staple strains. I'm currently trying to choose 3 staple strains from seeds(80 of each) for my upgrade. Right now im thinking my MTF x Chronic S1, my C99 Pineapple S1, and looking for that hard hitting indica as my last strain.

How long did you flower these ladys for? How long was veg? And which kind of light and growing method did you use?

Kind regards.

Penguin59

Hi there Gifstah, glad you liked the report buddy.

To answer your questions, these girls were flowered for 7 weeks or 50 days. Was a really fast finishing strain. They were vegged for exactly one month from seed then flipped. I used one 130w CFL bulb for veg then swapped to a 250w HPS bulb. The growing medium was my own mix of organic soil.

If you're curious about any more details of the grow feel free to check out the link in my sig.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
job well done penguin, good report :tiphat: heres a pic of mine from a while ago in dwc loved growing it and smoked even better.

Last edited:

DeoXy

Good report penguin!.. nice to see folks follow thru all the way from grow thru smoke report. :)

Adrift

Veteran
nice looking buds and great report!

if i could just make one suggestion tho... let those flower about 10 days longer next time!
they look slightly premature and i think if you let them go longer you will get more frost and smell forsure! aslong as u flush them properly!

well great job and happy growin!

Penguin59

job well done penguin, good report :tiphat: heres a pic of mine from a while ago in dwc loved growing it and smoked even better.

Thanks DARKSIDER! Wicked AI mate, you raised a monster! What wattage you running?

Good report penguin!.. nice to see folks follow thru all the way from grow thru smoke report. :)

Cheers DeoXy, it sure does feel good to have taken the complete journey all the way through you're right. Thanks for taking a look at the end product :thank you:

nice looking buds and great report!

if i could just make one suggestion tho... let those flower about 10 days longer next time!
they look slightly premature and i think if you let them go longer you will get more frost and smell forsure! aslong as u flush them properly!

well great job and happy growin!

Hey Adrift, thanks a lot for the advice. I'll definitely do that next time, I will have more time to veg now that I have plenty of fresh, sweet smelling, home-grown, organic herb to toke on! :greenstars:

Penguin59

PS. Even after just a couple more days of curing, the buds are getting easier to burn through by the day and are starting to taste more like the smell they exuded while flowering.

The smoke now has a sweet fruity plus bitter hash aftertaste to it. I don't mind it at all! :good:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Thanks Penguin, your report has added to my conviction that I MUST experience this great cross from Nirvana for a one-hit indica.
Afghani x Northern Lights, what a combo! :)

Penguin59

Thanks for stopping by Saibai! Exactly mate, the northern lights is already a winning stain but the added afghani genes keep this plant extremely short. These girls were slow growers at first but took off during flowering. :biggrin:

Thanks heaps VapedOutJoe! Glad you liked the report buddy.

tosh.o

i feel AI is one of the BEST indica's available in seed form! I really love indicas and they are super for me and pain management. I have tried countless strains and Aurora Indica is easily at the top of the list. Its one of those strains that shows Nirvana can make some good lines. I really miss their pure Afghan too as it was stellar and I felt could stand side by side with the AI in terms of potency and flavor. This stuff is seriously stronger than the indicas offered by Mr Nice and a few other elite companies at 25% of the cost!

Goyakla

can only agree to all said here.. AI is one of the best out there... i would grow her outside...maaaaaaan.... thast some serious weed.. indoor to.. and very easy. just shows u that a lot of $ dont give u the best....

HashCat

AI is a nice strain. I did one run of it and got a huge hashy female. She reeked of fruit punch and had a sweet hash flavor. I have always wanted to to give her another go but, so many strains so little time...

al666

i grew it a couple of years ago...devanstating smoke, it looks like ashish...so dense and heavy effect. for sure a strain not indicated if you want to laugh, with this one you will just get your butt on the couch.

Latest posts

Latest posts