What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nirvana PPP - seems well named

igrowone

Veteran
this was from a 78w cfl micro grow
grow log link - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=167587

the pheno was very indica, extremely squat
remarkable low odor during flower, i'd say this could be a major stealth strain
it was flowered for 9 1/2 weeks, fairly mature by other grows of this strain
just a tinge of amber, quite a few cloudy, maybe 50% cloudy

the final bud odor was nothing if not different
1 part mint, 1 part sweet something? and a touch of skunk tossed in
it smells good, but i couldn't have told you this was weed if i didn't grow it myself

taste was smooth, but not all that familiar - not fruit, not mint, maybe slightly sweet?

bud was very resinous, sticky as hell
i'll give nirvana it's due, this hits hard, i only vaped tiny amounts, maybe 1/20 of a gram
i wouldn't want to smoke a gram, this stuff does have power

it's a very different high
i can function with it during the day, seems ok for focused activity
if you're not focused, then it's kind of a daze, but not really a couch lock
it also seems to be low on the anxiety side, not much edge at all
not a soaring high which might be due to the indica pheno
some other smoke reports mention a strong up, this pheno was strong, but not that up

I used to smoke power plant in Amsterdam. That thing kills you off!
After 1 minute from my first pull I started sweating. Not only me, all my friends was knocked down from it!

I bought 5 nirvana's PPP seeds since then and one is ready to flower! 10 weeks and I will tell you if it tastes the same :)

igrowone

Veteran
After 1 minute from my first pull I started sweating. Not only me, all my friends was knocked down from it!

that does sound pretty close, a little seems to take off the edge
more is like shock therapy
i'm curious how the sativa pheno is, i do see some mentions of it in other grow logs

yoss33

Veteran
Nice smoke report, igrowone :)
You are right on track with the focused type of high. It's this Durban focused speed trip showing in the parentage. But to me PPP is too indica, heavy and dull, still has this burning energy in the body though. The after-effect is killing me, a combination of empty head and nervous body :) The 2 plants I've tried both were quite dark and paranoid, definitely not a pleasant trip. But it really stands to its name. You want power, here it is...

F

freefields

Wow, you guys think PP and PPP are killer potent? I've never heard anyone say that before, I've smoked a ton of PP and it's not that potent at all, one of the reasons it's so popular in Amsterdam is because it's only average potency and 'safe' for tourists to smoke. I mean, coffee shop owners don't want to be picking people off the floor and pouring sugar water down their throats all the time so they like to sell weed that tastes nice, has okay potency and doesn't knock people for six.

igrowone

Veteran
Nice smoke report, igrowone
You are right on track with the focused type of high. It's this Durban focused speed trip showing in the parentage. But to me PPP is too indica, heavy and dull, still has this burning energy in the body though. The after-effect is killing me, a combination of empty head and nervous body The 2 plants I've tried both were quite dark and paranoid, definitely not a pleasant trip. But it really stands to its name. You want power, here it is...

you really nailed the description, i suspected the focus part was from the durban
i understand some will find this dull, really depends on your needs
for someone with anxiety issues(me for example), it seems to have some potential

Wow, you guys think PP and PPP are killer potent? I've never heard anyone say that before, I've smoked a ton of PP and it's not that potent at all, one of the reasons it's so popular in Amsterdam is because it's only average potency and 'safe' for tourists to smoke. I mean, coffee shop owners don't want to be picking people off the floor and pouring sugar water down their throats all the time so they like to sell weed that tastes nice, has okay potency and doesn't knock people for six.

by my experiences, which are not that extensive in modern genetics, it was powerful
i realize there are stronger, i just haven't gotten to them yet
but you do see a good number of experienced smokers that seem to find it strong, at least that what i've seen from the posts on PPP

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I think you're both right.. I've grown and smoked a fair bit of (Dutch cut - sat dom) PP and think it's both strong enough to be good/creative/chatty/uppy and yet mild enough to be useful as a daytime tool for people who like to smoke all the time but still need to get shit done in a day :)

edit - its a great hash plant too
edit2 its good to smoke when I'm drunk without giving me a whitey
edit some more I would give this to people with low tolerance and expect them to enjoy it without it being overpowering :)
edit again .. I think I'm going to smoke some now :)

yoss33

Veteran
Several friends who are not heavy smokers commented on the PPP that it's too strong for them and they don't like it for this reason. I don't think it's suitable to such people unless they want themselves smashed. They enjoy strong Haze hybrids like SSH, NL5xHaze and JH, but say PPP is too raw in its power.
The only times I've found PPP to be enjoyable, and not just powerfull, is when mixed with alcohol. Then it brings some hysteric laugher and funny talk.

olddaffy

I have been playing with some PPP for last few weeks.

Brief 1-1.5 hr enjoyable mild sativaish high followed by a sort of sleepy stupor that can last a long time,
smoking more doesn't seem to help much and often leads to a mild headache.

what I have now has a really cool grape flavor and scent and is most excellent in my vape but the grape was just a fluke.

Probably make a good hash plant.

YMMV

I

Iron_Lion

I bought 5 nirvana's PPP seeds since then and one is ready to flower! 10 weeks and I will tell you if it tastes the same :)

I grew some PPP freebies, it was the first plant that I have grown that I refused to smoke. It was plenty powerful, to say the least. It gave me a very uncomfortable high, mild paranoia and too much introspective thinking.

Other people that have tried it, loved it.

igrowone

Veteran
Brief 1-1.5 hr enjoyable mild sativaish high followed by a sort of sleepy stupor that can last a long time,
smoking more doesn't seem to help much and often leads to a mild headache.
YMMV

the 'after buzz' you describe is pretty close to my experience, didn't find it sleepy exactly, more of a daze, but it does last quite a while
it does seem to put my anxiety in check pretty thoroughly, which is probably the most desirable part for me
the grape pheno sounds like a find, haven't seen anyone else report that one, might be worthwhile breeding stock if you have space

superbolan

I grew power plant from dutch passion years ago, these ppp's are looking very different than those did . The DP power plants were very up but had some hermi issues. One of my PPP's is starting to get a slight minty licorice aroma as well. I have been quite impressed with Nirvanas affordable decent genetics , a lot of bang for the buck and these were free

igrowone

Veteran
I grew some PPP freebies, it was the first plant that I have grown that I refused to smoke. It was plenty powerful, to say the least. It gave me a very uncomfortable high, mild paranoia and too much introspective thinking.

though i don't get that paranoid feeling, i think i can feel the hint of it underneath
yoss33 mentioned the durban as being the source of a 'speedy focus'
the indica part seems to overwhelm that, for me at least, and seems strangely calming
it's really interesting in that of the experiences i've seen here, i can really relate to most of them, just that some traits seem to be focused in different ways between smokers

igrowone

Veteran
What is her stretch like ?

this was the most compact plant i've seen yet
i'm pretty new to these indica/hybrid genetics, more of an older sativa grower, so take with a grain of salt
i did an LST on it, but it was so compact, it became more of a plant with a bend in the main stem than a LST
didn't really LST exactly, but it did let me grow it in a very compact chamber(24 inches high)

superbolan

One of mine looks very very sativa, about 4 feet tall . stretched about 2.5 feet during flowering looks nothing like the other 3, Which are compact and almost look self lst'd

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Several friends who are not heavy smokers commented on the PPP that it's too strong for them and they don't like it for this reason. I don't think it's suitable to such people unless they want themselves smashed. They enjoy strong Haze hybrids like SSH, NL5xHaze and JH, but say PPP is too raw in its power.
The only times I've found PPP to be enjoyable, and not just powerfull, is when mixed with alcohol. Then it brings some hysteric laugher and funny talk.

tell your friends I'll swap PP for JH, SSH and NL5H all day long mate :D

edit - oh no wait you say they think its too strong? ... errm my smart alec comment is completely backwards then....lol ignore me, I'm high :)

yoss33

Veteran
LOL, Jamie, hardly anyone will want to swap a good haze hybrid to get this commercial stone. Maybe some stoned afghanistanian will, but hardly he'll have the haze to offer in exchange :)