What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK99 from Joey Weed Seeds...

G

I ran this thread past someone who also grows with much skill, like you, and he loves the AK99... he had very complimentary things to say. :) Just thought you'd like to know. Not that you'll be surprised. Stunning grow!

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
canine that is a HUGE compliment...I thank you and your friend for saying such nice things. I havent grown as many strains as some, but I have definately had my fair share...AK99 is (not joking) in the top 3 all time. And for everyone around me who has tried it has said it is the best.

As good as the end product is the grow was even nicer. Easy to grow from start to finish. It produced well topped and untopped. And all 4 females were as phenotypically (I'm not sure that is even a word lol) similiar as I have ever seen. If you find a pack of AK99's from Joey Weed Seeds...PICK EM UP!!!

thanks wags...

G

Hmmm :chin: ... AK99, you say?
I might have to get me a pack! :yummy:
Nice report bro!

G

sunnyside said:
canine that is a HUGE compliment...I thank you and your friend for saying such nice things. I havent grown as many strains as some, but I have definately had my fair share...AK99 is (not joking) in the top 3 all time. And for everyone around me who has tried it has said it is the best...

A huge compliment you deserve. The guy I'm referring to gifted me a pack of AK99 (Joey Weed's version) x M39 that I'm looking forward to growing out sometime this year. So all of this is good news. Especially the easy to grow part... I need to stack the chips in my favor when possible. heh heh.

.canine.

bluebublelove

AK99 ... that cross never occured to me, as I've not sampled the pure ak I have had a couple of ak crosses and they were very nice. as for the c99 I have had the absolute pleasure of smoking a free bag from a friend who has grown it out. must say. the c99 I smoked truly lifted me through the roof. this bud had no ceiling I just kept on soaring.

G

Wow, great show... the last two big pics look almost exactly like the pheno I got in clone form from So Quicks's selection.. way to grow guy :tup:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
sunnyside said:
I doubt I will ever get to them though, but it is nice to have a seed safety net...so to speak.

glad I did...and I'll admit I was a little liberal with my pollen application...I'd say I have well over 200 akxbubblegum seeds and close to the same number of bubblegum f2's. Im set for life baby :) :wave: And don't let them fool you...fully seeded homegrown is still better than anything your gonna find on the streets. It is just a pain pickin em all out :)

hey sunny, as far as smoke and yeild goes would you choose ak99 or thseeds bubblegum?
thanks

both...

also you say it's in your top 3 can you name your top 5 w/ breeders
thanks!

no...but I can tell you what my favs are right now...In no particular order. AK99 from JW,Black Domina from Sensi,Sour Diesel from Rez, and Bogglegum from BOG

The only negative to this strain that I have found is that it always wants to flower, no matter what light cycle she is on. I can keep her in veg only if my light is on 24 hours...she flowers under 18. I have had two growers have moms or future moms flower prematurely in veg. Under 24 hours of light she is still putting out alot of preflowers, and overall I would categorize her veg as slow.
Thanks again for all of your kind responses...:joint:

Bonzo

Veteran
Thank you sunny for such an informative thread, just flat out great work bro.

Cheers to ya and i hope to see more

peace

bonz :wave:

Last edited:
G

Very pretty plants bro.. I flowered a White Russian plant that was being used for a mother plant by a friend. He's been holding onto the strain for the last few years. Not as pretty or as big but the buds looked liked yours. I got 4 clones going now at day 18 of 12/12. Hope they turn out as nice :yummy:

Love that finish time too.

Peace

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
WOW just harvested my AK99 got 2 pheno one leaning toward C-99(A)more fruity and one leaning to AK side (B)
I labeled them from begining so know which one is which
A and B

B is amazing very heady but some indica in there for sure
A is well will let you know for sure in about 2 weeks but it is more sativa feeling
and also just harvest some of Joey Weeds C-99 mmmmm sooo YUMMY can't wait till it cures

hazelover

hey thanks for this great report joeys stuff rocks! i dont know why its so hard to get in europe? i got my beans last year and they were huge size wise.
cant wait to start now! thx sunny !! HL

joey said pls dont buy from the nottingham seed bank in the UK you will be ripped off. there seeds are nothing to do with joey!

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi Sunnyside, amazing report !!

The taste is very complex changing from the time you inhale, to the time you exhale
That is definitly coming from the C99 side, mine had this weird double or even triple taste... so goood you can't stop smoking ^^

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I hear some pretty good things about his seeds. After much thought, and a lot of time thinking about it, we decided to go with Joey Weeds C99 as our next auto-flowering project. No breeders contacted us after we suggested doing a joint venture with them, so basically we just hand picked the C99.

Great report. I have been looking for this cross since I saw the SoQuicks "board" thread, and now seeing yours, I want it even more. I love both highs and think they would be great together. I grew out c99 from bg before all the og/cw stuff happened and lost the mom when I moved. Now I just have to find this cross and give it a shot.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Wow Mdanzig that's a real amazing news, C99 autoflowering, that would be Killer !!!!!!!!