What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK99 from Joey Weed Seeds...

G

ik this is ooooooold. but great report sunnyside....if you're still around

mofeta

Veteran
sunnyside said:
still around :)

Cool! I'm glad you're still around. Your contributions are second to none. Thanks!

I was wondering about another strain you grew at about the same time as the AK99, the Reeferman's Romulan. You had an excellent thread in the Reeferman sub-forum that went bye-bye when Reef left IC, and I didn't save a copy. I have some questions for you if you don't mind dredging the info up from memory.

The only remaining smoke report I could find is this preliminary one, where you say it lacks in the taste and smell, but is very potent. What was the final verdict? Did it keep it's punch? Is it as potent as the AK99? Did the taste and smell improve with a cure?

I seem to remember that you said (in the deleted thread) that you got 29 grams from a 5.5 inch pot. Is that correct? How long did you veg?

What are your overall impressions of the Reeferman's Romulan?

Thanks in advance,
mofeta

OGRaq

Nice pics - c99 is an old fave of mines - I love sati's but hate the noids that sometimes come with em, c99 was just right. That ak in the mix should have beefed her up nice.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
mofeta...I wasn't a huge fan of the phenotype I had from reef's romulan. It was very very forgettable :)

AK99 from Joey...Unforgettable!! :)

Bonzo

Veteran
Yeah Kokua is the man!! who are you?? HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Damn good to see ya sunny!!!!! Yes i have been eyeballing the AK99 for quite awhile now and your testimonial just seals the deal!

peace out my Brotha

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
sunny = kokua = me :)

sunny = kokua = me :)

lol...I had forgotten the password for the original nic for the longest time :) I found it during a recent move.

I originally stopped using the sunny nic and switched to kokua to loose some troublesome trolls, who have since moved on to bigger and better things. So... I can safely post with the sunny nic again. :woohoo:

I wonder if this site can merge my two nics into one? Change all my kokua posts to sunny posts?

Bonz...if you can find any ak99 from joey snatch them up quickly. Every female I found from my pack was a keeper.

AK99?

AK99?

very nice plant. busted a pack of Joey's and found really only two different pheno's. The first, my favorite is a beautiful flower, with much fatter calyxes than the photos that started this thread, a darker green and similarly chunky buds. Both phenos smoke the same, have a dense bud formation and are moderately expansive when puffed. The taste is sweet, with a hint of citrus tang. The high is immediate and escalates for a about a half hour. It is heady at first and gradually migrates down to your shoulders and arms. It lasts a couple hours depending on your tolerance. Her potency is strong.

The other pheno, is lower yielding but equally frosty.

Finally, the AK99 seems to be very sensitive to light. small bud sites under the canopy will be straggly. So this would be a great SCROG in my opinion.

Last edited:

asher1er

Veteran
haze-silly said:
very nice plant. busted a pack of Joey's and found really only two different pheno's. The first, my favorite is a beautiful flower, with much fatter calyxes than the photos that started this thread, a darker green and similarly chunky buds. Both phenos smoke the same, have a dense bud formation and are moderately expansive when puffed. The taste is sweet, with a hint of citrus tang. The high is immediate and escalates for a about a half hour. It is heady at first and gradually migrates down to your shoulders and arms. It lasts a couple hours depending on your tolerance. Her potency is strong.

The other pheno, is lower yielding but equally frosty.

Finally, the AK99 seems to be very sensitive to light. small bud sites under the canopy will be straggly. So this would be a great SCROG in my opinion.

did you notice the same issue's as sunny with her wanting to flower on anything below 24hours of light during veg?

hazelover

yes id like to dito that. a very good report haze -silly. be nice to hear from other ak-99 growers to
ak-99 is one of my favorate indoor strains out there i simply love it.
i found if you keep the vege over 20 hours your ok.

G

This is Joey Weeds AK47f2 crossed with his C99f2. I wanted to try and recreate the AK99 with gear that is as similar as possible. I have 3 girls in the flower tent, two of those look a lot alike. This is the outlier that has a month head-start on the others. This one is an Amazon in comparison and is shown here at about day 33. She has greasy resin that has the rind aspect of a citrus nose with a hint of sweet.

P1010017.JPG
P1010016.JPG
P1010009.JPG
P1010006.JPG
P1010004.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts