What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK99 from Joey Weed Seeds...

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
What do you get when you combine two of the best strains on the market, a phenomenal plant, that’s what! AK99 is the result of Ak47 and Cinderella 99 produced by Joey Seeds. AK47 is known for its “mind blowing” capabilities and strong aroma, while the Cinderella 99 is famous for her delicious flavor, and a sativa high with a quick finish. A good question would be, why it took so long for someone to pair these two? Out of 5 seeds 4 sprouted and 4 were female. All 4 had extremely similar growth patterns, leaf color, bud shape, size, and color. They also shared the same taste, aroma, and potency, with only mild differences in the amount of taste or smell (some smelled a little more than others). Least amount of variation that I’ve seen in awhile.

All 4 plants were grown in soil with organic nutrients from start to finish. All plants received maximum light, with almost 10,000 lumens at the base of the plant!! AK99 does well being topped , but left alone she will reward you with a massive top cola. The average yield was 42 grams per plant of tight, juicy nugs. For the most part I believe I got more of the AK than I did the C99, but I am only going on the descriptions as I have grown or sampled neither of each.

Ak99 buds leave a danky fruit taste in your mouth. The taste is very complex changing from the time you inhale, to the time you exhale. I have had descriptions from spicy pumpkin to sweet cherry and every fruit in between, but no matter what they thought it tasted like they all agreed that the taste was top shelf. And hey, you cant say it the taste isn’t complex. I have to say that fruitiness is the number one asset, and what I love about this selection. If they made an AK99 flavored starburst, it would be everyone’s favorite, I promise you that!!! I would definitely recommend organics for highest quality taste and aroma.

The high starts off relaxing, you don’t get instantly blasted with this pot you gently ease into it. You start off slow, almost like a mild sativa. Then before you know it you are jolted into realm of f**ked uped ness!! Like a roller coaster ride that reached the summit, only to shoot down the other side. Let me tell you this is really strong weed. Strong, but clear. A very comfortable experience. But like any strong herb, if you over indulge,(easy to do) you will pay. The ability to form complete sentences can become a daunting task after a regular sized joint.(rare) The problem is that it tastes sooo good, you don’t want to set the bowl down. When you join an extraordinary taste , with a creeper buzz, you have yourself an interesting combination. The re-entry is pleasant, just the way I like it. Just like a ride on a freight train, you start off slow and you end slow, but you fukin haul ass inbetween!!

all plants finished within 60 days.

Last edited:
G

Just beautiful Sunny... I've grown out both AK47 and Cinderella and both are very nice smoke. This looks like a great combination!

Sweet indeed.

Bonzo

Veteran
Fine Fine AK99, Its time i got mine! Sooo nice Sunny, just beautifull bro. :woohoo:

peace

bonz

Rellikbuzz

Hey Sunny!! Absolutely gorgeous budshots. When I first started to grow again I had gotten a pack of AK99's from Seedbay. Well, I never got any to germ and was really bummed. I even went over to talk to Joey at CW and he told me that I had gotten a very old batch as he hadn't done business with Gypsy in many years. Anyway, it's good (I guess :bat: ) to see what I missed! :biglaugh:

Looks like some amazing herb. I have seen packs on C-Bay but have never bought anything over there. Only have bought from Gypsy but I'd really like to grab some more of those beans. Anyhow, very very nice job on the grow, bro!

G

Best bud pictures i have seen in a loong while.

This is what the general quality should be. If the standard would be this, i'd be hooked on these forums even more than i am now - i'd never go back into real life! :D

The report is also an excellent example of what smoke reports SHOULD be! :)

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
yes of course!!! And actually I just made some seeds with the AK because I liked it so much. AK99xbubblegum :) I have never intentionally made seeds with my crop, so I thought it was high time to try. That way I dont have to buy more seeds if I dont want to :)

70s_PotHead

Fantastic pictures and smoke report sunny :yummy: :yummy: , thanks for taking the time to share with us :respect: If your seeds turn out 1/2 as nice as these AK99 your going to have a killer cross :canabis:

70s :joint:

Last edited:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
thats what I am hoping for 70's...I doubt I will ever get to them though, but it is nice to have a seed safety net...so to speak. Thank you for your kind words.

G

Sunny!!!! That was great!!! I was really into your report, hanging on every word. I grew out both strains and see simularities of both in your excellant pictures. Looks to have AK's shape and C99's look in the buds. The High sounds better that them both. I apreciate your report. anow I need to move somewhere where I can grow all of these strains I'm reading about. Yours would be one of them.

cpt.kush

i was thinking of ordering some of joey's blueapollo & his c99xapollo you just sold me on that order.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
cpt. kush...I am glad I helped make your decision easy. Joey knocked the ball out of the park with AK99!!! I would also love to try some of his other stuff....definately keep us updated on those if you don't mind :)

smokey...your comments are always welcome :) I am glad you enjoyed the report. I definately enjoy writing them. Next I think I will do a report on Mazar by DP, so keep a look out for it!

thanks 3leg and 70's both of your opinions are worth alot to me!!

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Hey Sunny - that's a top notch report bro. Great shots too. One of the best reports I have ever read/seen. I can see AK and C99 in there for sure, sounds like the primo :D

Much Respect to you - M

junit

Funny... Mine is awesome too... Just the Branches are much to thin to support the weight of the buds... lots of times tops are upsidedown and what not.... Definatly One of my Favorite Plants...