What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amount of sugar leaf cut when trimming

Thesearch

Hey guys, curious how much sugar leaf you cut off when trimming. Do you try to take off as much leaf as possible no matter what? Is there a certain frost level to the leaves that will make you leave them on? Just cut the tips off? Tips off and all crows feet too? Share your secrets and reasons, I want to know!

I'm strain dependent for sure. I definitely find that no matter how frosty, even to the extreme, the taste will be better if there is no leaf, but I cant bring myself to do it sometimes. It's all personal for me so there's no need for bag appeal, but I hate the waste.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
it’s definitely strain dependent,

but always try to trim most of the leaves off,
and leave just a couple to accentuate the natural nug structure of the cultivar

aesthetically, i find this more pleasing to the eye

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We shear it like that, too....some sugar leaf still on it. No complaints. If attached to a sm. branch we accommodate throwing in 2 extra grams in.

Mr. J

Dry trim, every single leaf removed from base of petiole. Nothing is wasted, everything that's cut off is used to make hash. It's strain dependent: if the plant has too much leaf I won't even grow it, unless it's super special and even then it's usually too much of a pain in the ass for me and the whole shebang gets turned into bubble.

Latest posts

Latest posts