• Show
Clear All

How I Dry Weed In A Paper Bag

This is how I dry weed

Wet trim buds

Put a light layer in paper bag

Like so

Mix buds every day or so

Bag or jar up after 7 days. Buds may need to air out for a day or so after bagging.

When it's done drying start the cure
    How I Dry Weed In A Papper Bag

Durban Poison Auto x Auto Ducksfoot Bx to Duck

Killer Mandarin (Urban Legends) and more

Mazarilla (Urban Legends) and More

Durban Poison Auto (New420GuySeeds) and More

Northern Lights (00Seeds) and Dr. Feelgood (Short Stuff)

Wild Thailand Ryder
    -AnyDank

Cheers for this... Always used to do small samples in bags years ago but was never sure if it would be ok in bigger batches. This will be more covert come my main harvest as I'm likely to have to use my greenhouse as a place to store them while drying.

Comment

cool to see this. good friend (since deceased) used to dry his in paper bags lying in the sun on the seat of his truck. tasted pretty good for such a short "cure'...
      smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Originally posted by NeDank View Post
        This is how I dry weed

Wet trim buds

View Image

Put a light layer in paper bag

View Image

Like so

View Image

Mix buds every day or so

Bag or jar up after 7 days. Buds may need to air out for a day or so after bagging.

When it's done drying start the cure
        View Image
        Hi. I'm about to finish a grow and harvest. I'm thinking of trying this only I want to hang dry for a few days first...then into paper bags....then into plastic bags when dry.

How is the flavour after using paper bag method? I've heard bags can make it taste kinda weird....

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I think you have to adapt to your local humidity conditions - I doubt this would be a good idea in high humidity.

Comment

Do whatever you folks wanna do. It's your weed. IMHO curing is best accomplished in Jars, not plastic bags!
            Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
            but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
            the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
            may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
              Do whatever you folks wanna do. It's your weed. IMHO curing is best accomplished in Jars, not plastic bags!

I don't like jars. On at least two occasions I forgot to burp and it turned moldy ruining my weed. I don't even want to take a chance that that will happen this time.

I just dried some weed out in the sun...after 3 or 4 days it wasn't bad. Paper bags seem like a safety net against mold.

Comment

I used to cure in paper bags after drying. Did a blind taste test with a few friends and it was almost unanimous that the stuff that hadent seen a paper bag tasted better. Shocked me. Tbh i also cant stand putting product in ziplocks. They have their own smell and i feel it makes lots if herb seem blander. I hang on the line, buck it into turkey bags and call it a day. I burp em once. Thats it.
                Current Runs
                Karmas Chem tini and Og tini Testers:
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376031
                Karma Genetics SourRado Testers:
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365603
                Karma/Hortilab Collaboration Tester Thread:
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292385

Comment

Originally posted by Substitute View Post
                  I don't like jars. On at least two occasions I forgot to burp and it turned moldy ruining my weed. I don't even want to take a chance that that will happen this time.

I just dried some weed out in the sun...after 3 or 4 days it wasn't bad. Paper bags seem like a safety net against mold.
                  Paying attention to what we are doing, prevents mold.

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

I hang until the smaller leaves are getting dry usually 3-4 days, then bag for 2 days, I roll the bag up and gently compress the buds, after 12 hours I break the clump apart and let them sit with some air in the bag with just the top folded over stirring them periodically, then another night rolled up, the next day the clump is easier to break apart and the edges of the buds have a dryer feel, they sit with the top folded over again and get jarred that night

Comment

Originally posted by Crooked8 View Post
                      Tbh i also cant stand putting product in ziplocks. They have their own smell and i feel it makes lots if herb seem blander.
                      Lies.

Things that stink: Rubbermaid containers, single use canning lids with that orange silicone, grocery bags that have been stored in a meat locker, the old jewelry box from your chain smoker grandma's estate sale, that you've soaked in vinegar now all your rolling papers smell like musty vinegary velvet.

Things that don't stink: polyethylene sandwich bags, canning jars with quality reusable lids, nylon oven bags. Lock-n-locks, glasslocks.

Comment

Originally posted by MindEater View Post
                        Lies.

Things that stink: Rubbermaid containers, single use canning lids with that orange silicone, grocery bags that have been stored in a meat locker, the old jewelry box from your chain smoker grandma's estate sale, that you've soaked in vinegar now all your rolling papers smell like musty vinegary velvet.

Things that don't stink: polyethylene sandwich bags, canning jars with quality reusable lids, nylon oven bags. Lock-n-locks, glasslocks.
                        Ok, you can call it a lie if you want. I appreciate your examples of things that smell to you vs things that dont. I have several colleagues that agree with me regarding one gallon ziplock bags having a scent that makes the nose less loud. Thinner sandwich bags, not so much, but its still inferior to a turkey bag or a jar. Been doing this a long time. Ziplock bags are inferior for storing cannabis. Thats why most people use turkey bags or jars.
                        Current Runs
                        Karmas Chem tini and Og tini Testers:
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=376031
                        Karma Genetics SourRado Testers:
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365603
                        Karma/Hortilab Collaboration Tester Thread:
                        https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292385

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
                          Paying attention to what we are doing, prevents mold.
                          absolutt, but sometimes also lack of attention brings suprises too! Sort of forgott a crop in a barn after the chop in the autumn (outdoor grown) on year. Came back in the spring to find the smoothes smoke I have ever tasted before and after that. Well, thats over 10 years ago. The winter here is with a lot of temp below freezing, in the country thats on the way to the northe pole.

Maybe try it again
                          Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Veggia farmer View Post
                            absolutt, but sometimes also lack of attention brings suprises too! Sort of forgott a crop in a barn after the chop in the autumn (outdoor grown) on year. Came back in the spring to find the smoothes smoke I have ever tasted before and after that. Well, thats over 10 years ago. The winter here is with a lot of temp below freezing, in the country thats on the way to the northe pole.

Maybe try it again
                            Those are known as happy accidents

Comment

Best tip on curing/drying i ve ever got : When in doubt with drying/ curing, invest in a good hygrometer (not your cheap weather one but rather cigars box hygrometer which are very accurate in our desired range)

You want your buds in a jar/bag around 62% (+/-2%). Leave the hygrometer in there at least 24h for a good reading.

Higher then 65% and you re going to get mold, lower than 55% and you have over dried your buds and destroyed a bunch of terps. 62% or so after 24 hours, and it s ready to be sealed for curing.

Once you get used to it you won't need that hygrometer anymore.

By the way, whatever the method, do not forget that how it will dry highly depends on the room humidity / temperature. So same techniques may lead to different results ...
                              Nepal smoking TOUR
                              Across the Atlantic and beyond : Hashish and Ganja Tales
                              Carribean Sativa Tour !!
                              Australian Strains Report, for Sativa lovers... !!
                              My BUDs Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X