Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nabzter View Post
    I'm tempted to try these
    not only do they cure perfectly. They rehydrate your over dried flowers too. I did side by side burping and Boveda, I'll never burp again. I pick them up in the local hydro shops around here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChingonLSU View Post
      not only do they cure perfectly. They rehydrate your over dried flowers too. I did side by side burping and Boveda, I'll never burp again. I pick them up in the local hydro shops around here.
      They come in various sizes (grams) and rh...what rh do you use ?

Comment

I shake off all the crystals then roll the all the buds into a ball to make them more visually appealing.

Comment

They come in various sizes (grams) and rh...what rh do you use ?
          I use the 62rh and I've got the large and small ones. I keep small ones in my personal stuff and use the large ones for what goes to collectives. The larger they are the longer they last.

Comment

I have ordered a 10 pack of the smalls. I'm looking forward to trying them. So would the 8g packs be sufficient per oz ? Or smaller quantities ?

Comment

What sort if quantity are we talking per 8g bag ?

Comment

Man you guys should have stopped by the mag a long time ago. Feels like the boveda packs have been around for years now.
                My secret is be careful who's secrets you trust to employ for yourself. You will find that advice isn't always given from a standpoint of knowledge, and sometimes might even have downright malicious intent.
                Scientific knowledge is your best friend. Learn some basic biology.

Comment

Well said hence why I did some research in threads and other forums. Also looked at the science behind how they work. Is there any negatives to the bovado packs I should be aware of ?

Comment

Understand that temperature and humidity are key to keeping the essential oils and terpenes that interact with the cannabinoids producing the perfect high that everyone searches for. Low humidity and high temps will evaporate all the dankness of your herb away into the air and gone forever. Whatever methods you use make sure you measure your environment with a hygrometer. Trial and error results in error:-)

Comment

Is there any negatives to the bovado packs I should be aware of ?
                      1. They won't re-start a cure that's stopped from low humidity.
                      2. They aren't edible.
                      "you wouldn't know respect if it bit you on the k u n t, douchebag."- justanotherbozo
                      "Negative rep from a tool with a name like Jellyfish is a f'n bage of Honor."- Shalako
                      "You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
                      "Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
                      "Lady Gaga is someone on my radar screen."- Hempy McNoodle

Comment

Originally posted by Jellyfish View Post
                        1. They won't re-start a cure that's stopped from low humidity.
                        2. They aren't edible.
                        if your flowers are too dry after a cure, it will rehydrate to the correct rh for optimum smoking and preservation but Jellyfish is rght, they can't cure flowers that have been over dried. They basically replace burping, freshen up dry bud that's been cured, stores your flowers at perfection for long periods of time, and reduces shake in containers leaving more on your actual nugs.

You certainly don't need them for great bud, but they make a few steps in the process very very easy. And yeah, don't eat them.

Comment

Growing 20 to 40 plants of different genotype ratios. Your harvest times will vary accordingly. I harvest 4 days after last watering. I trim all fan leaves and portion of sugar leaves while plant is rooted. I leave all buds on main stalk and hang for two weeks in darker area with good ventilation. I cut buds off of main stalks when they almost snap clean when bent 90 degrees. I leave little leaflets on buds to protect buds during cure and handling. IMO, mason jars qrt. and 1/2gal. work best. ( when doing a seed run I cure seeds in buds before removal.) Keeping all like hybrids together not compacted in jars. 2/3 full I open jars at 6pm. and leave open until 10pm. every night for two months. Then they can stay sealed after that for ages. I do try to keep jars and hanging plants in a dark area to keep chlorophyll production after cutting to a minimum. I don't sale or have a dispensary so I don't mind the extra time and labor. After the first cycle of doing this your weed quality will be tastier than anything else in town. Providing DJ Short doesn't live in your town. lol
                          Don't chase names you heard in a song or movie. Mandala seeds (Mandala1 or Ganesh)
                          DNA Genetics ( Island or LA Confidential) are outstanding and easy for beginners. Any DJ Short or Ace Seeds genetics are top shelf once you know what your doing. Quality is their goal you won't be disappointed either. PEACE

Comment

Some nice info there...Thanks

Comment

I developed my own way of drying that fits my grow and gives me the best smell and taste. It probably wouldn't be feasible for anything more than a small # of plants. I run a perpetual and only harvest 1 or 2 plants per week. My rh is usually 40-50% in my house. First thing after chop is I remove all the fan leaves, then hang the branches for 3 days. No air movement over the buds as I want the sugar leaves to fold down over the buds and lock in the smell. After 3 days I cut the buds off the branches. They still feel moist to the touch. Next they go into 16X22X8" clear plastic totes from wally world. I fill a 3" layer of ice melt salts(6 different salts in the brand I use) and place a screen over the salts. Close the lid and they sit in the box for 24 hours- no air movement. After about 24 they will feel dry on the outside with moisture inside. Now I trim off the sugar leaves and then bag the buds in 1 gal bags. I leave them in the bags overnite and this draws the moisture from inside the bud to the outside. Back into the totes with new dry salt. 6-8 hours on salt. Back into bags overnite and the last dry the next day is 1-2 hours. If you leave buds in salts too long at any stage yer fucked. Salts can remove every last bit of h2o. I'm using the same 50# of salt I bought 2 years ago, when the surface of the salt feels moist I dry it in the oven or laying out in the sun. When my finished buds go into a sealed bag or jars they are ready for cure with no burping. It's tricky and there is a learning curve but it gives me better smelling bud than any other way I've tried. I'm pretty sure it is the no air movement over the bud that does it. Whatever, this just how I like to dry my buds. Works for me.
                              "Its expensive as hell to hang out on these boards if you take anyones word on anything!" Whobdobub-2009

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014

Comment

Thanks for sharing man a very interesting and unique method.

Comment

Working...
                                X