What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

0x942

Hi everyone, i've been reading this thread for a while and I've just wanted to share pics of my COBs. Thank you all for all theses valuable information !

I'm currently starting the aging process for (1month/3months)

cob-3.jpg

cob-1.jpg

cob-2.jpg
cob-1.jpg

Attachments

• cob-1.jpg
    cob-1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 13
  • cob-2.jpg
    cob-2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 14
  • cob-3.jpg
    cob-3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 14

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi everyone, i've been reading this thread for a while and I've just wanted to share pics of my COBs. Thank you all for all theses valuable information !

I'm currently starting the aging process for (1month/3months)

Lovely job brother they look perfect for aging best of luck with the aged cobs they should get a lot more characters in the high after aging.
They look beautiful what strain are they? Thanks for posting the pics always good to see nice work like that my friend they are spot on.

I had some of Aces C5 x Malawi cob today its been aged 9 months and was a small plant grown in our winter, so not even a good plant. But it kicks ass I can only imagine what a good plant well grown would be like phew!
Very trippy Aces description in their catalogue is spot on.

0x942

Lovely job brother they look perfect for aging best of luck with the aged cobs they should get a lot more characters in the high after aging.
They look beautiful what strain are they? Thanks for posting the pics always good to see nice work like that my friend they are spot on.

I had some of Aces C5 x Malawi cob today its been aged 9 months and was a small plant grown in our winter, so not even a good plant. But it kicks ass I can only imagine what a good plant well grown would be like phew!
Very trippy Aces description in their catalogue is spot on.

Thanks man ! This have been done with all infos provided in this great golden thread ! Strain is a cross of Zamal (pepper) X Platinum Cheese
I also have some Golden Tiger which should be ready soon and will be entirely cobbed! =)

0x942

I've been doing 2 days drying / 12 hours sweating / dry touch / 6 days ferment / dry touch / 1 and 3 month aging
:groupwave:

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks man ! This have been done with all infos provided in this great golden thread ! Strain is a cross of Zamal (pepper) X Platinum Cheese
I also have some Golden Tiger which should be ready soon and will be entirely cobbed! =)

Golden Tiger is crazy good cobbed also Zamaldelica, thats a real party animal cobbed time and setting ie party to go to or you will be running up the walls haha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Tangwena my friend, do you know of anyone microdosing cob? My wife and i have microdosed on and off for years with Ayahuasca and also Acid and to great effect; we're currently having a break.

I'm not keen to go down that road myself, as i like the full blown trip, but i'm curious as what just a few mg's daily or every third day, would do therapeutically. Interesting, no?

Tangwena

Veteran
I tried to take a closer pic of another COB, what do you think about it ? Looking good ? It kinda look aggressive and the smells is outstanding :dance013:

That looks beautiful brother I can see you are falling madly in love with this art so am I its what I grow for curing the buds.
I would give it a gentle dry then re seal it to age for a month or three its well on its way to perfection.
I love opening the bags at this stage the smells can be overwhelming and the beauty speaks volumes.
As you get more and more experienced you will feel the need to experiment along the path of the cure there are many many more cures to be had each one offers something special be it aroma, looks or taste and all the highs are different.
You do homage to the master curers in Malawi I am sure they would be impressed with your work I know I am.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena my friend, do you know of anyone microdosing cob? My wife and i have microdosed on and off for years with Ayahuasca and also Acid and to great effect; we're currently having a break.

I'm not keen to go down that road myself, as i like the full blown trip, but i'm curious as what just a few mg's daily or every third day, would do therapeutically. Interesting, no?

Hi there brother I regularly use small doses 0.1g of my strongest cobs. I rarely need more than 0.25 or 0.30 of a gram but I dont smoke or vape anymore.
I think smoking dulls the receptors in the brain.

Over the years I have found using different strains daily that I get a sort of floating charge if you will.
So I need only a small amount to take off again but that maybe just me. I dont know I have not met anyone who only uses cob most smoke as well.

Something I'm sure you will like is chewing a dose that makes you trip into dust, sucking out the juices then spitting the remainder out rather than swallowing it.
I use this when I'm going out for a shorter more intense initial hit without the extreme deep effects that can come from a large dose after 3 or 4 hours.
Its more like smoking and wears off after 3 or 4 hours you just get the euphoric rocket ride without the journey into space ha ha.
So def a smaller dose is very beneficial if you are like me and cant stand staying completely straight for more than a day or two ha ha.
Different strokes for different folks.

I miss the joint smoking though, the main thing I miss is just sucking the terps through the joint before lighting it ha ha.
I have some 4 year old Panama x Purple Haze from Ace that is perfect for chewing and spitting out, the rush up is breathtaking and its so freeking clear and in control its like being straight but with bells on ha ha.
All those cobs you have made will give you so much to experiment with especially once they are over 6 months old by the end of next year you will have a lot of answers I'm sure.
While you are high you will find most of them I know I do.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi Tangwena, I was thinking of doses that were not noticable, so more like 0.01g. When using other psychedelics, one take roughly 1/20th of the dose that one would take to get a trip. Cannabis, especially when cobbed is a true hallucinogenic, so i'm thinking that using micro doses of cob on a daily bases would have a similar effect.

As regards being straight for a day or two, i can't recall the last time i was straight for longer than half a day! lol. This morning we've both had a little fresh Panama cob. It's already a very euphoric clear high. Mrs DM is not a big time stoner like myself but absolutly loves 0.15g first thing in the morning. In a couple of months time when i have several different types ready i want to attempt to convert to eating cobs only.

I still have the Golder Tiger and the Super Malawi Haze still going in the garden, so have more to make yet!

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena, I was thinking of doses that were not noticable, so more like 0.01g. When using other psychedelics, one take roughly 1/20th of the dose that one would take to get a trip. Cannabis, especially when cobbed is a true hallucinogenic, so i'm thinking that using micro doses of cob on a daily bases would have a similar effect.

As regards being straight for a day or two, i can't recall the last time i was straight for longer than half a day! lol. This morning we've both had a little fresh Panama cob. It's already a very euphoric clear high. Mrs DM is not a big time stoner like myself but absolutly loves 0.15g first thing in the morning. In a couple of months time when i have several different types ready i want to attempt to convert to eating cobs only.

I still have the Golder Tiger and the Super Malawi Haze still going in the garden, so have more to make yet!

Oh I see now what you meant by microdosing I have def not done that.
My idea of microdosing on LSD was half a trip ha ha those were the days.
Mrs DM will love the aged cobs the high gets so clear and non sedating I just need it every day if things are not funny and fun lifes a drag to me ha ha.
Its great to feel on the cusp of something freaky about to happen all day long ha ha.

I wouldn't wait for too much amber on those plants I have found the best highs cobbed come from ripe swollen heads not amber but its just a matter of what kind of effects your after ha ha.
Years ago when I was growing Malawi outside in the sun I left one plant until near death hunting amber.
My wife gave some to a work colleague and he took a short train ride into the city to get out of the office.
He enjoyed the ride so much he forgot why he was on the train and ended up at the end of the line ha ha.
His half hour lunch turned into 4 hours as that was how long it took him to find his way back haha.
I found when I took it that I would spend ages just staring at an ant crawling up a wall or get lost staring into space I found it too tranquilizing and unmotivating.
I like rocket rides where I have to get outside and walk around and dance to music or do some work all the while off my face laughing at everything which I get from ripe flowers.
The cob process turns the milky coloured resin into caramel coloured resin or golden colours the high is usually energetic and trippy.

0x942

That looks beautiful brother I can see you are falling madly in love with this art so am I its what I grow for curing the buds.
I would give it a gentle dry then re seal it to age for a month or three its well on its way to perfection.
I love opening the bags at this stage the smells can be overwhelming and the beauty speaks volumes.
As you get more and more experienced you will feel the need to experiment along the path of the cure there are many many more cures to be had each one offers something special be it aroma, looks or taste and all the highs are different.
You do homage to the master curers in Malawi I am sure they would be impressed with your work I know I am.

Haha ! That's it ! Every future single harvest will be used for COBs, no turning back, this is the way!:skiiing:

For sure, i'll try to reach different cures by modifying parameters such as sweating temps/duration, flowers humidity...

Thanks !

Trela881

Hello, at first I am very excited since I discovered this thread and I was waiting for how and how to cut my sativas this year. I go to the subject, I made a lot of cobs and most of them different. My problem is that the ones I sweated and sealed in hot temperatures that were the freshest I opened after a few days and they smelled sour compared to the drier and sweaty ones that smell sweet. What is believed? Is it the final product to throw away?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hi Trela881 , I wouldn't worry to much about the smell initially, just let them dry out really well. After several days of drying at room temperature, reseal them and keep them at 25c or so. . Leave them a week, take them out and check again. I'm sure that you'll find that the sweet smell is developing now. If you did the intiial sweat with very fresh weed at a high temperature for several days, the they will be well fermented already. I've found from my experiments, that very freshly cut (24hrs) weed and higher temps on the sweat tend to make the smell not so pleasant on the first opening, but if I let it dry well, re seal it and then leave it a week before checking again, the smell is improved dramatically. Certainly don't throw it away! it will be different, that's all.

Last edited:

Trela881

Thanks so much for the reply Hombre del mont! The truth is that it was really very fresh (24 hours), I had it on the body of the radiator so the temperature was sometimes it was hot sometimes cold. When it was warm, it swelled from the water, I opened it, collected the water and sealed it. In total, this procedure was done 3-4 times until today I decided to open these 2 comps that I prepared like this. I have another 4 smaller ones that I have from the beginning in cool conditions for 10 days and we plan to leave them for another 10 until they open.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Now let them dry really well, for several days. Re vac , keep warm but not hot and check again in a week or less. I'm sure that all will be fine.

Tangwena

Veteran
Brother Hombre del Mont is spot on with his advice I couldn't of put it better myself ha ha.
24 hours drying is really not enough best 3 to 4 days to begin with.
However the resin will still be good and the effects will be there you just loose the nice sweet aromas and looks.
Like already advised dry them and halt the cure after aging they will still work no need to throw them out.

Trela881

There are other comps that first dried for a few days and then sweated and sealed and have wonderful sweet smells. I will keep them for about 3 weeks in cool sealed conditions. I believe with the tools of Ace GT, SMH and Thai x Panama can not go wrong. :D