This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mallitlahuani View Post

man that mulanje looks amazing, is the color so red because of the resin becoming red or is it the pestioles? its hard to tell
    Its both and how its cured sometimes I get neon red resin along with the gold it makes me want to harvest the red drops and just put them on my tongue to dissolve my mind ha ha.
    For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118

Comment

Originally posted by Tangwena View Post

Its both and how its cured sometimes I get neon red resin along with the gold it makes me want to harvest the red drops and just put them on my tongue to dissolve my mind ha ha.
      LoL. epic !

On tongue to dissolve my (your)mind !

Comment

An update on the Zamaldelica cobs that i made 9 days ago (i think?). They've now had 8 days fermenting at around 30c or so.

Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000196.JPG Views:	8 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	17980711Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000197.JPG Views:	8 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	17980712Click image for larger version  Name:	S6000198.JPG Views:	8 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	17980713

The only difference between them is that the one on the left(and last photo also) had a 14 sweat and the one on the right( second photo) had a 24hr sweat. They're twin sisters will stay in fermetation for a bit longer yet. ?Tangwena, How long would you go, 3 weeks perhaps?, just to get a pronounced difference.

The smell of the two cobs is simalar but there are subtle difference. The 4 of us who smelt them this morning were all drooling.

So these guys will dry for some time before being sealed up to cure. Tangwena, am i correct in thinking to open them durring the month cure and smell when they're done, or just go the month and leave them to it? TBH the smell now is more than good and it's hard to believe that it could improve.

Many thanks.

Edit. Please ignore the fact that on the first picture, the writing on the right hand bag says 24hr sweat at 35c, it did in fact sweat at 43c, as did all the others. The 24hr bit is correct though.
        Last edited by Hombre del mont; 11-02-2021, 18:13.

Comment

Tomorrow we will be cobbing up the second half of our outdoor Panama plant (2 days hanging up drying). I would say that the second half of the plant (taken 16 days after the first) is about 30% amber and will produce a much more potent hit. I'll be posting pictures as we go, as well as trying a few varriables with the cobs i make. I'm tempted to let a small amout of the weed dry to jar curring stage before cobbing it and letting it "cook" for a lot longer: What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre del mont View Post
            Tomorrow we will be cobbing up the second half of our outdoor Panama plant (2 days hanging up drying). I would say that the second half of the plant (taken 16 days after the first) is about 30% amber and will produce a much more potent hit. I'll be posting pictures as we go, as well as trying a few varriables with the cobs i make. I'm tempted to let a small amout of the weed dry to jar curring stage before cobbing it and letting it "cook" for a lot longer: What do you think?
            the first cob i made was with some weed that i had dried too much so i left it in a jar while i read about cobs and how to make them, when i did make the cob with this weed, which was not much, i used a fresh corn husk still green and moist. The juices from the fresh corn husk got into the bud and humidified it but completely changed the smell and gave it a very strong briny overtone, after drying and aging the high was fantastic though. im not saying you should use fresh corn husks but jarring and then cobbing the weed does work if it still retains obove 70 percent or so humidity. mine was 76% to 78% humidity when i cobbed it, when i first put it in the jar it was reading 67.5% for a long time so i was worried and tried sweating it in the jar without a vacum as i didn't have the machine at the time, doing this brought the humidity up

Comment

An update on the Zamaldelica cobs that i made 9 days ago (i think?). They've now had 8 days fermenting at around 30c or so.

Click image for larger version Name:	S6000196.JPG Views:	8 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	17980711Click image for larger version Name:	S6000197.JPG Views:	8 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	17980712Click image for larger version Name:	S6000198.JPG Views:	8 Size:	104.3 KB ID:	17980713

The only difference between them is that the one on the left(and last photo also) had a 14 sweat and the one on the right( second photo) had a 24hr sweat. They're twin sisters will stay in fermetation for a bit longer yet. ?Tangwena, How long would you go, 3 weeks perhaps?, just to get a pronounced difference.

The smell of the two cobs is simalar but there are subtle difference. The 4 of us who smelt them this morning were all drooling.

So these guys will dry for some time before being sealed up to cure. Tangwena, am i correct in thinking to open them durring the month cure and smell when they're done, or just go the month and leave them to it? TBH the smell now is more than good and it's hard to believe that it could improve.

Many thanks.

Edit. Please ignore the fact that on the first picture, the writing on the right hand bag says 24hr sweat at 35c, it did in fact sweat at 43c, as did all the others. The 24hr bit is correct though.
              Very nice work brother your really gifted at this game.
              The Zamaldelica is an amazing smell cobbed and those look like they are are perfect for this stage of the cure.
              Experimenting with times ect is where its at as everyone of us has a different taste so go for it you cant go wrong from here.
              3 to 4 weeks is the optimal time vacuum sealed to finish the cure IMO. Opening to check it during this time and even further drying if needed is how you get where you want to go.
              I have Zamaldelica cobs that are 3 years old sealed up and although the smell gets less as you dry them smell doesn't get you high on its own its the changes that occur over this period that cement the effects.
              Like I said everyone is different if the aroma is your priority or a combination of aroma and effect is what your after the only way you will find out is opening and sampling the cob at regular intervals.
              Just keep good notes on how each was done dont rely on your memory ha ha.
              Your going to find all the plants you have grown will have excellent very different highs cobbed. Zamaldelica is a very powerful trippy high great for running amuck and letting your mind roam free ha ha.
              For how to make cobs start reading from page 212 in the thread Malawi style cob cureing.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...postcount=2118

Comment

Thanks for the insights.
                Unfortunately I don't have anything to measure the humidity. I've never had aything to measure humidity and TBH don't really get what all the fuss is about. I've managed for over 35 yrs without one and always gone what i think/feel. I really appreciate the insights regarding the percentages and am sure it makes for a sure fire way of doing things, but for me, i shall stick with "how it feel/seems/is", also i don't like spending money on stuff if i can help it. I have many many harvests under my belt but continue to learn about our favorite herb every day; even more so since i discovered this thread.

Comment

Sounds like a great plan you will quickly find out how you prefer your weed cured and yours will be a unique method. This is where you can excel at your craft its not easy to copy someones technique there is too much feeling and timing involved its not a strict formula you have to use your experience and senses of touch and smell.
                  From what I see you have it in spades.
                  Drying the buds more is also good it just takes the changes longer to occur, but can result in some amazingly terpy golden cures.

Comment

Thanks Brother for reassurring me of what i guess i already know, just use my intutiton.
                    Yesterday, we all ate a little Panama cob that had finshed fermentation and been put into the cure a few days earlier, just as an experiement. It was ok but had no real power. Today we all ate the same dose of some Panama haze cob that was a year old and were all triping. Interestingly the cob we ate today was made from some sub standard weed ( 4 hrs a day direct sunlight and chopped early; not my grow.), but the fresh cob we ate yesterday was made from prime quality bud. TBH, I didn't expect much from the fresh cob and expect it to be far superior to the one made from the sub standard weed once it's curred for some time. we ate it more as an experiement, rather than to get high (although that was also that was part of the plan, if i'm honest). Our daughter is here for another 5 day's; I wonder what other fiendish ways I can find to get her completly wasted

Comment

Thanks Brother for reassurring me of what i guess i already know, just use my intutiton.
                      Yesterday, we all ate a little Panama cob that had finshed fermentation and been put into the cure a few days earlier, just as an experiement. It was ok but had no real power. Today we all ate the same dose of some Panama haze cob that was a year old and were all triping. Interestingly the cob we ate today was made from some sub standard weed ( 4 hrs a day direct sunlight and chopped early; not my grow.), but the fresh cob we ate yesterday was made from prime quality bud. TBH, I didn't expect much from the fresh cob and expect it to be far superior to the one made from the sub standard weed once it's curred for some time. we ate it more as an experiement, rather than to get high (although that was also that was part of the plan, if i'm honest). Our daughter is here for another 5 day's; I wonder what other fiendish ways I can find to get her completly wasted
                      Yes a mistake I made many moons ago with some GT after a few weeks cure it was heavy stoned and uninteresting I gave most of it away ha ha.
                      6 months aging and BAM! I'm down the rabbit hole talking to Alice and her rabbit ha ha.
                      I have never made that mistake again ha ha.

Its ok to smoke it now but for chewing give it a least 6 to 9 months you wont believe what happens.
                      Panama is at least as strong as GT chewed once its aged, but of course a trippy magic carpet ride instead of a Disneyland adventure ha ha.
                      From the look of your cobs they will be dynamite just be patient.
                      I know its hard especially when they smell so darned good.
                      Stinky cobs are nice for the olfactory senses but stink doesn't get you high, its those little crystals of brown sugar you get from aging that trip you out ha ha.
                      AND Getting high is always part of your plan unless I'm sorely mistaken ha ha.
                      Dont worry time will turn those cobs into gold brother I have no doubt.

Comment

Hi - I would like to give this a go but am still unclear with exact process:

1. Wrap weed in corn husk - vacuum seal
                        2. 'Ferment' in yogurt machine for 12 hours

here is where i'm unclear
                        3. remove cob and dry to 80% - - does this mean remove the corn husk or simply remove the cob from the vacuum bag?

I have some nice haze that has just gone into jars for curing .. still a bit moist.. I'm hoping this is still suitable

Comment

Originally posted by skillz View Post
                          Hi - I would like to give this a go but am still unclear with exact process:

1. Wrap weed in corn husk - vacuum seal
                          2. 'Ferment' in yogurt machine for 12 hours

here is where i'm unclear
                          3. remove cob and dry to 80% - - does this mean remove the corn husk or simply remove the cob from the vacuum bag?

I have some nice haze that has just gone into jars for curing .. still a bit moist.. I'm hoping this is still suitable
                          Best to not use the corn husk for the first few goes, as it makes it easier to pick the color changes.
                          You really dont need the husk or any other wrapper its just traditional. I dont think it adds anything specific to the cure.
                          The vacuum bags do the same job as the corn husk.
                          With haze type buds try sweating for 6 hrs at 40c and then keep the cobs in the bag unopened for 4 or 5 days at 30c you should start to see the colors change around day 3 or 4.
                          Then remove and touch dry weekly for a month resealing after each drying should get you a nice cure but use your nose and eyes as every cure is different dont over ferment try to keep the sweet smells.

Comment

thank you Tangwena - your passion for this process and support to everyone who comes to you for guidance is really touching! I am trying to locate our family yogurt machine - I'm afraid I won't get it in time for these buds ... It seems this is mainly used for sativa / trip weed - is it still worth doing with indica / stoney weed? has anyone experimented with mixing indica / sativa in the same cob? I like to smoke my weed 'mixed' sometimes... seems like the possibilities are endless!

Also - how is the cob traditionally consumed? and how are most of you guys using it? I've read about people chewing and smoking it.... but how are you smoking it? Joint? Pipe/bong? it seems like it wouldn't burn/roll well in a joint but I haven't ever experienced it... and what about eating it? is the fermentation process decarboxylating the herb? it seems like some people are not getting the effects when eating/chewing

thanks again Tangwena!

Comment

It'll crumble ito a spliff or vape without problem and is a very smooth and tasty smoke. Because of the compression, it it's easy to put a lot in without releasing it; Until you smoke it. If you really want to experience it's full effects then you eat it. If your a fairly light wieght then .1g will be sufficient to get you flying for many hours, ie less than most put in a splff! Make no mistake, this stuff is extrordinary! As a 47yr smoker and a grower for over 30, most of this years harvest is going into cobs.

Comment

interesting -- so it's eaten as well in malawi?

I think I may be one of these people that is immune to edibles.. I don't think I've ever felt anything... haven't tried any of the american edibles though... ( https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/05/...rent-sure-why/ )

Comment

Working...
                                X