Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great thread and its advice corresponds to one other place I trust for info. I am a total noob but had to harvest an unflushed hermie and used this technique. It retained its nice sweet smell after 6 days of dry and 5 days of cure in glass jar. With the smell returning in force on day 4 of cure.I opened the jar 5x a day for 2 mins.The smoke didnt burn great and didnt taste wonderful either but it wasnt harsh. It was an immature OG strain. It was a litttle to racy for my tastes but it also medicated me well. Im a few weeks from harvest and this will help ensure I retain quality in my meds Im hoping.
    Thanks for the info!
    I am a legal medical marijuana patient complying with all state laws.

Comment

How long should you wait for after lights out to havest the plant? Is it best to havest after 1- 2 hours after dark or are you good to go straight after the lights go out?

Comment

yo toppin its best to start trimming min 8 - 12 hrs after lights out

Comment

Originally posted by DrFever View Post
          Myth - adding molasses, honey or sugar will make buds taste better
          Again plants make there own sugars and starches all your doing by adding these is helping plant for any deficiencies throughout its life cycle that might occur
          molasses is used for feeding micro organisms but again 99 percent of organic mediums have enough micro organisms to do a 365+ day grow growers tend to think it will help there colonies for there 90 day grow owe well to each there own right can't hurt i guess..........
          very useful thread. +K to the OP for cobbling that together and posting. Very clear and helpful to a newer grower like myself.
          About the molasses post I use molasses in coco coir with LUCAS/KISS formula to ward away the cal/mag demons. It works too. I know cos without molasses the plants show the def and with it the def disappears.
          As far as stating that molasses makes a sweet taste is not possible have you ever done a side by side with molasses and without followed by a blind tasting?
          I use molasses for a tangible reason but I'd not be so fast to rule out the intangible till you can prove otherwise
          Truth or consequences?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292609

Comment

I use blackstrap as well pretty much thru veg and flower with no complaints from the girls!

Comment

this thread is amazing. just followed the steps and waiting to follow the rest
              thankyou guys for being apart of this forum, the information shared is priceless, and in such a friendly environment no less.
              probobly the best forum on the web....

Comment

I am very close to my first harvest, and I must say that this site has been immensely helpful to me. This post is no different, so thank you Wrams for sharing it with us.

Now if I could only find those trimming shears!

Wolfie

Comment

Originally posted by unta View Post
                  Awesome post man! This combined with Simon's thread are perfect. ICMag is single-handedly ensuring that everyone paying attention and soaking up the valuable info will have amazing, perfectly-cured buds.
                  first of all i'd like to thank the guy of the thread! Thanks to him this year I could cut my first plant ever! In fact, I've been looking and searching in web for good instructions and this has been the most complete! Thanks again! Second of all I would ask wich is and where I can find simon's post! As I say I'm not an experinced person and the plant I have, wich as been given to me as a present, it was ready to cut so I didn't even grown it! Since I found this web side I'm starting to love the idea next year to grow my own one... You really don't know how happy I am of have found all of you and cannatris international! Sorry I'm loosing the line. Questions: wich is simon's thread? And: my plants are hanghing since three days and today I feel like they smell of normal grass !!! Is it possible??? And again, how I dry the leaves I've cut? I would like to use them in the kitchen, liquors etc.... Sorry my English please, I'm Italian!

Comment

Originally posted by toppin View Post
                    How long should you wait for after lights out to havest the plant? Is it best to havest after 1- 2 hours after dark or are you good to go straight after the lights go out?
                    Several other threads are filled with heated discussion on this subject. Here's one take based on studies of starch movement in leaves - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5358121 .
                    DIY wine refrigerator curing cabinet

nighttime starch degradation, the circadian clock, and plant growth

Comment

Awesome post! Very informative and helpful.

Comment

ive been doing this for a while now.. for best of the best smells and tastes.. i allow my plants to be flushed.. the last 2 waterings of flush.. i flush with as cold as i can get the tap water .. and also been lowering my room dark time and lights on temps. the last week or 2.. and i raise my lights the last 5 days.. and ive noticed that ive been getting some extremly stinky buds..

Comment

Simply a great tutorial for all growers, from novice to expert . We always can learn something of value no matter how experienced we think we are.
                          Jon 54
                          :tumbleweed::watchplant:

Comment

@ Wrams

Oh man.. what an amazing post!

I am a first time grower having a lively discussion about harvesting with a highly seasoned grower. On the other hand, I lived and worked in commercial fruits for 25 years. I know how to make things grow, just not MMJ,,,yet

I knew that plants had to be harvested at night. I knew this because any plant that you consume only a part of the root, or a part of the top, that it was important what was in the stems. I considered that hay is the part that is eaten by cows, and we harvest hay at night. We harvest at night because it makes it the best for the cows, so then I reasoned MMJ had to be harvested at night. But for the life of me, could not explain why. I just knew it was really important, but was concerned that my grower friend would think I was nuts if I told him I was going to harvest at night.

Thank you SO much for your post!! It made every second I was on ICC mag worth it, just to read this thread. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

you and simon have save my life thankssssss

Comment

Great read. This seems simple and easy enough to follow.

Some good points in there I don't read everywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X