Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I get that the light degrades the thc/resin heads. However my thought is while the plant is still alive the first days wouldnt the light cause it to produce more resin to prevent the dryout?
    and then when its dead or almost dead put it in the dark.

and yes the temps would need to be kept lower

just a thought, not trying to change the way anyone does it.

Comment

thanks

Just discovered this thread this morning(so much info on ic its hard to find the gems). Awesome, and thanks for all the work you put in to share this. I'm several weeks away from cut and this really helps me sort it all out.
      Last edited by calstar; 08-31-2010, 16:03. Reason: add content
      Medical grow in compliance with CA prop 215 and sb 420

“If you own 28 different foods, 65 different additives and 14 jugs of molasses and not one single book on plants, then that is the problem.” WB

“Always remember that we are aiming to feed the soil not the plant!” DocLeaf

Comment

Agreed. Awesome post. Will be using a bunch of your techniques when I give my ladies the chop in a few weeks.
        Spread love.

Comment

Glad to be of service man, good chopping
          Key Points Of Harvest Time

Comment

when you determine that the buds are cured to your liking, what do you do? How do you stop them from curing more? How do you store them?

Comment

You can store them in big jiffy bags or a brown unbleached bag. Store it in a container that has a breathing hole or simply place it in some sort of pouch. To be honest I place my in one of those huge smell proof bags you can get from pipe and cannabis related stores that sales scales, pipes, rolling papers etc. I split mine into 4 different amounts of equal weight and then store them in my wardrobe or computer desk, aslong as its not dark and air tight is won't cure anymore.

Theres so many different ways to store weed. My suggestion to you would be use Google and look on websites like HighTimes and YouTube because they have so much info on how to store weed that you would think most of it wasn't possible.

Remember though weed does have a use by date and I've had weed go off after 12 months where it was no longer anygood. Mind you at the time I did have nearly 100oz's I did a grow with a friend and had 65 plants plus as the time I let a friend HAVE some for FREE

I'm sure other members on here will have there own personal storing devices that work good. Do not just take my word for it as different strains store differently and cure differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrams View Post

During the drying of marijuana buds, THC is converted from an acidic, non-psychoactive chemical into a neutrally based, psychoactive form that gets you high.
                Who the hell told you that?

Comment

Explain to me how it happens then..?

Who the hell told you that...?
                  Thats what you asked but you have not argued the point with your own version of how and what happens during this process.

If you think its wrong shouldn't you explain the reasons behind why you think this is wrong..? It will help others understand what happens during the curing process.

Comment

This thread needs to be deleted
                    Same ol' Kenny. 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and still hangin out with faggots

Comment

Originally posted by jerrypike View Post
                      This thread needs to be deleted
                      For what reason...? Is there a reason it should be deleted...?

If Admin want to delete it I'm sure they will however it was put up for the sole purpose of helping members harvest and what to look out for in the plant to show signs of plants being ready to harvest.

Still looking forward to a reason why it should be deleted..?

Comment

Many critical posts, I think it was a really helpfull yet.
                        I just have one question, you say "This is all right as the low humidity will cut down on light uptake anyway, plus it helps to make sure liquid foods within the plants drain down to the root zone.", the question is, how low can I let the humudity go and still have optimal light uptake?

Maybe i should ad, im in the last weeks of bloom.

Comment

If Admin want to delete it I'm sure they will however it was put up for the sole purpose of helping members harvest and what to look out for in the plant to show signs of plants being ready to harvest.

I've only been a member on here for just over a month. So yes, I'm a newbie. I have learned to ignore the posts that attack others. Seems like schoolyard petty bs. Just had to get that off my chest.
                          My question is....is flushing outdoor(inground) plants beneficial? I've found 1 post that just said it wasn't needed. I, for one, value your opinion wrams. Will be harvesting 1 plant in about 2 weeks and another in about 3 weeks.
                          Peace, Love and Harmony

Comment

My friend taught me to use a 100x microscope and look at the trichomes, I like to pick mine when there is alot of amber.

Comment

Plagiarism

It shouldn't be deleted.

Wrams it was very nice of you to copy and paste the article here for everyone, BUT, you should have at least given credit to the original author, Nico Escondido.

It was published in High Times 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by plhkarma View Post
                                I've only been a member on here for just over a month. So yes, I'm a newbie. I have learned to ignore the posts that attack others. Seems like schoolyard petty bs. Just had to get that off my chest.
                                My question is....is flushing outdoor(inground) plants beneficial? I've found 1 post that just said it wasn't needed. I, for one, value your opinion wrams. Will be harvesting 1 plant in about 2 weeks and another in about 3 weeks.
                                Anybody know the answer...please???
                                Peace, Love and Harmony

Comment

Working...
                                X