Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finish drying my bud in the freezer in my kitchen?!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

works great on wet vacation weed too! every year i go for a beach week in jamaica, and the beach pot is so wet. usually i dry it by taping buds to the ac vents but the freezer method works better, plus i don't have to worry about the maid saying my room smells like a ganja farm.

Comment

Oh happiness! Just got a small chest freezer on the utility porch!
      Now the fridge freezer is all MINE!!!
      ~ Down the lane I walk with my sweet Mary, Hairs of Gold and taste like Cherries
      It’s good to torch, the green green grass, Home Grown ~

Comment

I'm 2 or 3 days from harvest. I'll put half in freezer and half in jars after 4 or 5 days of drying. I'll post my results.
        Quick ?? does it matter if it's a frost-free freezer. I have both.
        VFW-Veterans F*cked by Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Drift13 View Post
          I'm 2 or 3 days from harvest. I'll put half in freezer and half in jars after 4 or 5 days of drying. I'll post my results.
          Quick ?? does it matter if it's a frost-free freezer. I have both.
          Yes it matters. The frost free feature removes moisture from the compartment. A regular freezer does not.
          ~ Down the lane I walk with my sweet Mary, Hairs of Gold and taste like Cherries

Comment

Originally posted by City Twin View Post
            Yes it matters. The frost free feature removes moisture from the compartment. A regular freezer does not.
            Thanks for the answer. I figure I'm probly a week from putting it into 1/2 freezer and 1/2 jars. I'll update when I know more.

Comment

Never freeze bud, wet or dry. It will cause the trichomes to fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift13 View Post
                Thanks for the answer. I figure I'm probly a week from putting it into 1/2 freezer and 1/2 jars. I'll update when I know more.

Please do update and good luck!

Originally posted by dhUma View Post

It is true trichomes will fall off if frozen, just like they do at room temperature. The number of trichomes lost is negligible however, especially if you handle your buds carefully and minimally. Go ahead and freeze your properly dried buds if you want a well cured stash, I assure you it works great!

.JPG
                Brrrrrrr, It's Cold in here!!!

Comment

Well I split my last harvest into two. Half in jars and half into freezer. Jars went just as they usally do, no problems. The half that went into the freezer went fine.The only problem I had was telling when it was done drying. In the end it all ended up in Jars. As far as I can tell taste & quality are about the same.
                  I have another plant that'll be done in a month or so and I'll try this again.

Comment

Originally posted by dhUma View Post
                    Hey buddy, make sure you don't touch your buds, the trichomes may fall off....Make sure you don't put your product anywhere, trichomes might fall off. Or, hey bud..make sure you ask Harry Potter to levitate your buds, so trichomes don't fall off.
                    just keep being a good Goy..

Comment

is there a simple check to ensure your freezer is a frost free freezer?

Comment

Originally posted by ckingknowledge View Post
                        is there a simple check to ensure your freezer is a frost free freezer?

If your freezer is on and has been in use recently, open it up and look inside. A frost-free freezer will be free of frost while other freezers will have frost accumulating on the inside. Quick and easy way to check. Take care.

.JPG
                        Brrrrrrr, It's Cold in here!!!

Comment

The freezer in question is not in use and i'm thinking of buying it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

No More Reports?

I'd have thought this would have caught on more.

Works for me.

Comment

This is great to know. I just posted this question in this area and only got one response. I decided to take the bud out of freezer after 20 some days and jar it up last night. We'll see what happens.

Thanks Gill. Two year old posts do come in handy.
                              Political Ad. TOU violation do not re-post

Comment

Not going to go through this complete thread but storing weed in a freezer is prob not the best idea you can if you have a Vacuum pack but for a short period it would be ok non less when taking it out it will not be completely dry and need to get the dampness out.
                                people use ice to make hash reason is THC resin will freeze and fall off better to be collected
                                Best place to store and cure buds is in a dark cool place ranging from 63 - 68 max with some air movement
                                hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X